:TOH:
Indydawg
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: USW Striated Lamb Legend, US Made

Post by PSBIndy »

I just got my jacket in the last hour! \:D/
Out-of-the-box, the jacket is a little stiff but man, what incredible leather!....it feels and looks almost like goat!....very substantial leather....love the grains and striations. Fit is perfect.....not as loose as the legend antique cowhide or lamb. Workmanship is top-notch! Man, this is about as close to the on-screen leather I've seen yet! Man, I had my doubts, especially with all the changes this jacket has gone through in the last couple months. Sarge, you hit this one out-of-the-park!! :notworthy: This is definately going to be one of my favorite jackets for a very long time!

Here are the pics:

gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

Nice pics! You have some awesome grain patterns on that back panel.

My jacket just showed up this afternoon and I have to concur with your description.

This jacket just feels luxurious. I don't think I could bring myself to put this in a washing machine despite how awesome the examples of this look. This jacket has an old world 30's vibe to my eyes. I was sweating the fit but I lucked out and this fits like a glove. The leather is pretty soft and seems like it will really conform to me quickly. It was very stiff at first but seems to be relaxing nicely.

This is a jacket that not only looks great but will get worn a lot because it's quite comfortable.

\:D/
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Yup, it's so comfortable, I haven't been able to take it off ever since putting it on when I got it out of the box! It's a very interesting leather to say the least.....it's soft and supple to the touch like lamb but the thickness and stiffness reminds me of goat and some parts of the jacket feels like horse! Out of all the jackets I've seen and owned over the years (and yes, that includes the mighty TN), this leather, in my opinion, comes closest to what I see on screen in Raiders. I was really worried for a while after all the controversy this jacket has gone through but in the end, Sarge really has done one heck of a job! :tup:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Who are you and what have you done with PSBIndy?! :lol:

It looks great on you! I'm glad you like it! After all is said and done, was it worth the wait? Sadly, my body type just doesn't work well with their typical off-the-rack sizes, or I would've gotten one of these jackets!
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Woah! That back panel is beast! Mine is no ways that striated! And if you think its comfortable now, wait until its broken in for a week...

Travis
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

that is what I really dont want in my USW. the backpanel being so straight and flat. I dont like it. The jacket does not fit this tight in the back if you see the film. You might remember I made a whole thread about it too. ''flat backpanel blah,blah'' or something. dont get me wrong I love the way it fits in the front and I love the length, the sleeves, the details, the skin, oh my!! all of it but the straight backpanel. again, don't get me wrong. it is one awesome jacket and it looks awesome on you but for me the backpanel should be more drapy and hangy. thats why I am getting one in a size up. its too trim in the back for me. just personal taste. I want it more droopy. :)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Do you think some of that has to do with the newness of the jacket?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yes, #-o of course, didn't think of that... it might be that, looking forward seeing the jacket breaked in.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

PSBIndy , Glad you finally got your jacket. It looks great. :tup:

That back panel is going to loosen up and break in just fine.

PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Looks fantastic G-Mann!

How long have you had it?
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

Indiana Holt wrote:that is what I really dont want in my USW. the backpanel being so straight and flat. I dont like it. The jacket does not fit this tight in the back if you see the film. You might remember I made a whole thread about it too. ''flat backpanel blah,blah'' or something. dont get me wrong I love the way it fits in the front and I love the length, the sleeves, the details, the skin, oh my!! all of it but the straight backpanel. again, don't get me wrong. it is one awesome jacket and it looks awesome on you but for me the backpanel should be more drapy and hangy. thats why I am getting one in a size up. its too trim in the back for me. just personal taste. I want it more droopy. :)
I wonder is the jacket zipped up. That would possibly make it look a little more flat. This leather is pretty thick and out of the box it's stiff. Reminds me of horsehide in this respect but it's soft like lamb and it seems to be loosening up unlike horse. I wonder how much drape this skin will ultimately achieve. I was really thinking of going up to an XL but the L hits me pretty good and I'd be afraid of ruining the look from the front by getting too baggy of a fit. Too bad we can't all go to Ohio and try on jackets. I'm pretty satisfied with my L. I'm not sure how closely this jacket will replicate the film jackets but I'm really digging the overall vibe of this jacket. I do believe if I wanted to achieve the film look in a hurry I'd size up and run it through the washing machine.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

PSBIndy and G-MANN:
WOW to both your jackets, guys!
:shock:

G-MANN, I knew that PSBIndy's photos are "straight outta the box" and that his jacket hasn't undergone the water treatment... but I wanted to be sure: has yours ?
Thanks!
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

USW Striated Lamb Legend, US Made

Post by djd »

I'm down for an XL and I'll probably give it the old washing machine treatment. I'm 6' and about 200lbs at present so I was kind of torn between a L and XL....
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

DJD, if you are gonna wash it, I think you made the right size choice. I'm opting for natural distressing (which this jacket does uncommonly well). Its kinda cool, I see new little "bubbles" and striations pop up the longer I wear it, though my jacket is not as "bubbly" as PSB or G's...

Travis
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

Fantastic looking jacket!! :clap: :clap: Makes the waiting even harder ;) ...Did all that have received the US SL get an email saying it was sent?

Ian
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I was notified.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Ian,

If your waiting for a XL I'm told by Myke that they've only had one of these on so far. The others are expected later this week or early next
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

djd wrote:Ian,

If your waiting for a XL I'm told by Myke that they've only had one of these on so far. The others are expected later this week or early next
Ah...Waiting for a XXL...I guess I'll get an email when it's sent then...Would be handy to know just so that I can track it and make sure it doesn't get lost between the US and the UK..

Ian
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

djd wrote:I'm down for an XL and I'll probably give it the old washing machine treatment. I'm 6' and about 200lbs at present so I was kind of torn between a L and XL....
I weigh the same but Im 6.2' so an XL should work.. it may be a hair to big in the wasi maby but an L would be just alittle too tight.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

It's a tough call - my weight varies between 230 and 190 depending on how much weight training and eating I'm doing....
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Mitch, No water treatment on mine. I did get caught in the rain while walking the dogs but wiped it down with a terrycloth towel right away.

PSB Indy, I received mine on Dec 24th 2010. Been wearing it everyday since then.

Cheers,
G-MANN
Last edited by G-MANN on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Mine arrived yesterday and all I was floored when I opened the box. The leather discription by PSB is dead on. It's probably the thickest jacket I have but it sure doesnt hang that way. I'm awe struck buy it, it's Raider's to a T.

Before anyone says anything, we moved this weekend so my digital camera has gone missing. It's in one of the 376 boxes left to unpack in my garage ;)

I'll post 'em when I find it.

-TS
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

VERY good to see these jackets rolling in, guys!!!

gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

G-MANN wrote:Mitch, No water treatment on mine. I did get caught in the rain while walking the dogs but wiped it down with a terrycloth towel right away.

PSB Indy, I received mine on Dec 24th 2010. Been wearing it everyday since then.

Cheers,
G-MANN

:tup:

Love it!

I can't wait to see how these will distress after a year or two of wear.
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

Indiana Holt wrote:
djd wrote:I'm down for an XL and I'll probably give it the old washing machine treatment. I'm 6' and about 200lbs at present so I was kind of torn between a L and XL....
I weigh the same but Im 6.2' so an XL should work.. it may be a hair to big in the wasi maby but an L would be just alittle too tight.
I think you'll be very happy with the XL. At 6' 2" I'd say the L would definitely be too short and too tight in the shoulders for you. I'd say you have the shoulders to pull off more of a baggy look. I don't. I have the curse of being in between a L and a XL ](*,) My L jacket is certainly trim but unlike cowhide, the lamb seems very pliable and seems to be stretching to give me an almost custom fit. Once I drop the extra 5-10 holiday pounds this should fit just about perfect. I go just a skosh over 6' and normally around 195 bottom heavy. I was happy with the sleeve length though I could use another half to three-quarters inch. This the one area where I usually run into issues with a L. Sorry no pictures until I break this in and get back in shape. Hopefully by February.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

G-MANN wrote:Mitch, No water treatment on mine. I did get caught in the rain while walking the dogs but wiped it down with a terrycloth towel right away.
Thanks for confirming, G-MANN :TOH: And thanks for MORE great shots!
That thing looks great and YOU look great -and right at home- IN it, sir!

I have to add... that photo with (what looks to be) a moss-green fedora is great... and your mug is doing a wonderful, Bogie in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"-thing, too... a VERY nice look!
:) :tup:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Ok, here are the best pictures my family got of me on stage at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Sadly, noone got mine and the actor who played Indy's pic... ](*,)
And here's one of me and the boys at Disney (my oldest has on his cowhide kids legend)

I want to take more pics now, because it has already aquired a ton more character in than in these pics.

Travis
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Glad to help Mitch. That's my Moss Green Penman. Great Fedora.

Cheers,
G-MANN
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

G-MANN wrote:Glad to help Mitch. That's my Moss Green Penman. Great Fedora.

Cheers,
G-MANN
Loving seeing all the jackets here!! :clap: :clap: ....Just gotta wait patiently for mine now...I guess mid to late Jan? :-k

G-MANN, We need to see more of that lid!! :D

Ian
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

These are some of the best looking jackets I've seen posted - ever! The leather looks incredible! I can only imagine how they look in person! Kudos to all of the lucky owners.

-dcmj!
singsingjohnny
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by singsingjohnny »

I had one on preorder, but after I lost (then found) a job, we were catching up on bills, getting the car fixed, etc., so I sadly had to cancel.

Really tempted to save up though, an American made would be sweet! The only thing I'd add would be the flap snaps (not SA, but more functional, at least for me...)

Congrats all, these jackets are true gems...these defintely rival my TNO! Well done Sargent and team, I'd say these were knocked out of the park!

Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

Ian,djd
I know you've both posted about shipping notices.
If it helps my sons kids legend turned up with no e-mail or other notification of it being shipped.
It just might be that US wing do not forward this info to overseas orders.
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

Indiana Dymond wrote:Ian,djd
I know you've both posted about shipping notices.
If it helps my sons kids legend turned up with no e-mail or other notification of it being shipped.
It just might be that US wing do not forward this info to overseas orders.

Thanks.... :TOH: ..I think as Sarge said, that because of the Christmas shut-down at Schott they won't be sending any more until mid Jan...I was assuming that was why I hadn't had an email about shipping..

It's okay though, I don't want them rushing my jacket through production just so I get it NOW!! (Veruca Salt stylee ;) )...I just wanted to be able to track it so that I know when or if customs get hold of it...

Did you pay custom charges?

Ian
Indiana Dymond
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Dymond »

If you get no shipping info you wont be able to track it :(

Got a customs charge :cry: ,bit mad as US wings put the value on the kids jacket at $149.95 even though I payed the COW price of $75 . As we pay a percentage of the value I had to pay double.
May take a stab at getting it back as you don't pay VAT on kids clothes!! but as it's £20 it will probably be more trouble than its worth :rolling:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

I've got a quick question. For the USA customers who've recieved there US made jackets.
Did you have to sign for it. Or was just sitting there just begging to be worn. ;)

By the way if my import is half as good as I've seen, I'll be one happy customer who just may have finally bought a jacket with no issues. Can't wait for mid January.

Croft :mrgreen:
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Indiana Croft wrote:I've got a quick question. For the USA customers who've recieved there US made jackets.
Did you have to sign for it. Or was just sitting there just begging to be worn. ;)

By the way if my import is half as good as I've seen, I'll be one happy customer who just may have finally bought a jacket with no issues. Can't wait for mid January.

Unless you request otherwise, you have to sign for it when it arrives.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Thanks, I'll wait for my notification.

IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Just got notified that my jacket has shipped, kudo to Sarge and the people at U.S. Wings. So far the jackets I have seen look spectacular, keep them coming. I guess I won't get mine till the 10th or so. Then again, I hope I am there to sign it, otherwise I have to go to UPS and pick it up I guess and sign it there. I will try to get some pics in mine hopefully next week sometime, hopefully the weather stays nice next week. Its been cold here, but it could be colder.

IndianaChris
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chris, you're gonna love it. I still can't get over how perfect the leather is.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Holt wrote:
I know one thing for sure.. Yours is being made with your name on it!!
Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

wow!! :notworthy:

Thank you so much my friend!!
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, but it's in hot pink stitching right over the front left pocket!!! :lol:

It should look perfect on you!!!! :rolling:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Sarge any word on them Imports. :-

Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Croft wrote:Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Sarge any word on them Imports. :-

Today 71 Striated Lamb Legends left the Factory in NJ to our HQ in Hudson Ohio and I sent Michaelson and IndyDawg the sizes.. Sorry No Longs! I still don't have a release date for Longs.. Now for the Import Striated Lamb.. I would jump on a sure thing and order the Roz Schott Striated Lamb.. With the $ 100.00 COW discount how can you go wrong? With the Leather Shortage even the Import is going sky high and Like I have been telling all my contacts.. It is no longer a matter of how much it is all about when will you have it!! The 71 Striated Lamb just made will all be gone and then what? You can't get a better jacket and you won't get a better price.... Food for thought.
Sarge
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

Sgt. wrote:
Indiana Croft wrote:Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Sarge any word on them Imports. :-

Today 71 Striated Lamb Legends left the Factory in NJ to our HQ in Hudson Ohio and I sent Michaelson and IndyDawg the sizes.. Sorry No Longs! I still don't have a release date for Longs.. Now for the Import Striated Lamb.. I would jump on a sure thing and order the Roz Schott Striated Lamb.. With the $ 100.00 COW discount how can you go wrong? With the Leather Shortage even the Import is going sky high and Like I have been telling all my contacts.. It is no longer a matter of how much it is all about when will you have it!! The 71 Striated Lamb just made will all be gone and then what? You can't get a better jacket and you won't get a better price.... Food for thought.
Sarge
Hi Sarge,

I already paid for my US made regular SL back in November, so would one of those 71 have my name on it? :-

Ian
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well I've paid for an import, so that's why I was wondering when they'd be in. And I'm assuming that 71 sent are all ready spoken for, if I was to swap over from import to US made what'd be the up charge (including the discount).

Or do you know when the imports will be shipping out?

Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Croft wrote:Well I've paid for an import, so that's why I was wondering when they'd be in. And I'm assuming that 71 sent are all ready spoken for, if I was to swap over from import to US made what'd be the up charge (including the discount).

Or do you know when the imports will be shipping out?

Hello Indiana Croft why don't you and I talk about this next week like Fri. I have an Idea!!You have been standing by for a long time and I know what I have in the Neil Coopers Striated Import Lamb and I think some of them are the Legend Patterns.. All this coming week I have a full plate with NEX... BTW not all of the Roz Schott Legend Striated Lamb are spoken for But the bottom line by the end of next week I will make you happy! We are shipping out Indiana Holts Legend Striated Lamb Wed. along with all the other Back orders in Reg. I think I will have 20 left over for stock.

Sarge
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

FRIDAY.....................Ahhhhhh, ok.
Any paticular # to call, if you don't want to post it just PM me. And include more jucy details. [-o<

bobcatmvp1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bobcatmvp1 »

I didn't want to make another whole thread about this, but has anyone heard anything about the US made cowhides? Has any one received one? I ordered my Large Long in mid-November and have contacted US Wings many times by e-mail with no update at all. Is it just the Longs that aren't shipping? Just wish I at least had an update...