Well, today's the day....UPDATE 12/22

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Well, today's the day....UPDATE 12/22

Post by PSBIndy »

After months of hype and delays, I'm anxiously waiting for that email from Sarge saying that my SL has shipped.

Has anyone got any shipping confirmation from Sarge yet?

I really hope I get this thing by Friday [-o< ....I haven't been this excited for a jacket since my first TN!
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Well, today's the day....

Post by Ian »

I've not got an email yet...I sit here biting my nails....although, mine won't be here before Christmas cos I'm in the UK. :(

Ian
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Well, today's the day....

Post by djd »

I'm waiting for an email too. I just heard a suggestion elsewhere that the date has gone back again... I've nothing else to support that though
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Sgt. wrote:
Hollowpond wrote:How bout Striated Lamb Sarge. I upgraded to two day shipping. I HOPE I can get it before Christmas!! [-o< I'm going out of town the day after!

Travis
I know what you mean but this is out of my hands!Roz Schott is 100 % Union.. Cut and dry. When the Union tells her when they can ship the Striated Lamb...they will.. I had hoped before X-Mas.. we will see.
Sarge
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

G-MANN wrote:
Sgt. wrote:
Hollowpond wrote:How bout Striated Lamb Sarge. I upgraded to two day shipping. I HOPE I can get it before Christmas!! [-o< I'm going out of town the day after!

Travis
I know what you mean but this is out of my hands!Roz Schott is 100 % Union.. Cut and dry. When the Union tells her when they can ship the Striated Lamb...they will.. I had hoped before X-Mas.. we will see.
Sarge
There have been many posts by Sarge saying that the SL jackets (US-made at least) will ship out today (21st). Although given the history of this jacket, I wouldn't be suprised if it got delayed again, I still would be majorly p'o-ed!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

From what I've read, that's the date HE was told, but he's at the mercy of his jacket maker as to when THEY ship. :-k

He's not sitting on anything. I'm sure wants to get these things out of his hands as quickly as possible in order to fill the orders.

No reason to be 'po'd' about anything when it's out of the control of the vendor. If he were sitting on the jackets, that would be another story, but that's not the case. You can't ship something you don't have in hand.

Regards! Michaelson
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

PSBIndy wrote:
G-MANN wrote:
Sgt. wrote:

Travis
Sarge
There have been many posts by Sarge saying that the SL jackets (US-made at least) will ship out today (21st). Although given the history of this jacket, I wouldn't be suprised if it got delayed again, I still would be majorly p'o-ed!
Same here PSB.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

"....would love to see some pics.... BTW All USA Legend Striated Lambskin Jackets will go out 12-21-10 along with all USA Cow and Bison... The Import Striated Lambskin should go out about the same date! Please place your orders now if you have not already done so.. If you don't know your size give us your height and weight.. The Legend is the Neil Cooper Pattern 100 % Due to US Wings having a firm ship date all orders in our office will be charged and ready for shipiment the 21st of Dec. If COW members have not already done so Please order your Kids Little Legend because we are running out and will not have these Jackets much longer! Make sure to let us know you are a COW member for the discount."
Sarge

I don't know what could be clearer than that.

He said WILL GO OUT, not "maybe" or "if".....if he was unsure, he shouldn't have thrown out a date out there for everyone to hang their hat on.

However, the day is not over yet.....hoping for a miracle? [-o< :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What date was that posted?

As GMANN pointed out in his post, this was posted last night.
Sarge

Regards! Michaelson
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Michaelson wrote:What date was that posted?

December 4th 2010: http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
G-MANN
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Thanks, John! :TOH:

So, a lot can happen in 2.5 weeks.

Regards! Michaelson
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Michaelson wrote:Thanks, John! :TOH:

So, a lot can happen in 2.5 weeks.

Regards! Michaelson

A lot can happen in 1 day.

However, my feeling is that if Sarge really has no control over the whole matter, then he shouldn't have mentioned an actual date. Why mention shipping on the 21st (and get everyone's hopes up) if the "Union" has the final say all along.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

It is written above.

It was the date he WAS told. Things has changed, it's out of his control. You all just have to wait like Sarge.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Indiana Holt wrote:It is written above.

It was the date he WAS told. Things has changed, it's out of his control. You all just have to wait like Sarge.

Are you sure? From the posts I've read, it seems like Sarge was the one who mentioned shipping on the 21st. He doesn't mention that it was the union telling him that. Maybe Sarge can chime in here and clear this up.

But I guess at this point, what does it matter? ....it ships when it ships.
bobcatmvp1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bobcatmvp1 »

Yep, I'm still awaiting my e-mail.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

And in all fairness, the website says EXPECTED SHIP DATE. I was counted with you guys as disappointed, but when the doctor told me when my kids were EXPECTED I knew it could be plus or minus a few weeks. I would guess if these jackets were two days late in the middle of summer, hardly an eyelash would be batted. However, when us kids (yes I'm including myself!) are expecting our gifts for Christmas and don't get them, we pitch a hissy fit! :lol:

Travis
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Folks-

I can assure you that everyone up there is doing everything they can do to get the jackets shipped out as soon as possible. Everyone there wants things to be as PERFECT and FLAWLESS as possible when the jackets arrive, too-I can only imagine that Roz's people are focusing on making sure everything is right.

What good is a substandard jacket in hand?

And Travis...you are absolutely right! Being a "kid" at heart this time of year...waiting on Santa to bring that present....holy cow...I know we're all going nuts inside...but, really...if something's out of your hands, then it's out of your hands.

Jack Handy said once..."If you ever drop your keys into molten lava....just let 'em go....'cause, man....they're gone."
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I don't know the business, but to me it's important to note that these jackets are the first production run of a brand new line. It's not like they've had alot of time to build up a stock of them.

_ said it already, he WANTS you guys to get your jackets, probably as bad as you want to get them. I just hope you guys can be patient; it will be worth it!

Weston
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

:lol: Jack Handy! "When a child asks you why its raining, tell them its because God is crying. When they ask why God is crying, say, "its probably something you did."
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Now THAT puts things in perspective!
:TOH:
Indydawg
ThatManFromRio
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ThatManFromRio »

Hollowpond wrote::lol: Jack Handy! "When a child asks you why its raining, tell them its because God is crying. When they ask why God is crying, say, "its probably something you did."
:clap:
TMFR :lol:
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Has anyone had any notification from Wings as to what's going on?

I don't actually buy into the idea that a company is not responsible for the actions of a company it contracts out to to supply a product. It is a shame that Sarge made the definative statement he did here about shipping on the 21st if there was some doubt about that date. That simply raised expectations and increased disappointment at this stage. That's not Monday morning quarter backing. That's the general expectation I'd have if I were buying anything.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Thanks for that. Nice to see that you've suddenly become so forgiving in your attitude towards vendors! I seem to remember dire pronouncements that you made about the likely future of this very jacket project back before that thread was deleted and you all made friends again. That was you wasn't it? How's that free jacket you were given fitting you?

I am entitled to gripe as anyone is. I've paid my money at least. And before you launch into a rage about bottom feeders, yadda yadda, please don't bother. You are totally inconsistent in what you do and say. Do as I say not do as I do seems to be the order of the day.

And hey, if I get banned for saying this please note who threw the first rock here.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I don't see anyone throwing the first rock here but you bating. why even say anything abut banning? ridicilous comment!

listen! it is very simple. things happen and things change! This happens in life ALL the time. I really, really wanted one too before X-mas but when things change they change and I adapt to the situation... chill out! it will come.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Agreed Holt. I was a little disappointed too, but it is TWO DAYS LATE!!!! I don't feel let down, nor do I feel that something was unduely promised. In the words of Charlie Brown,"ISNT THERE ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT!?!"

Travis
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

I don't like to be called a child because I am quite entitled to complain as other people do all the time. There have been while threads dedicated to it!

Lol. I'll chill......
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

but what has _ free jacket do with any of this? why call him and his jacket out? weston has one, no wait 4? I have one too. okay, so what!

most of us here are all grown men, now lets be MEN and bang our chest, drink whiskey and sit out the wait for our little fantasy jacket to arrive that makes us feel like a make belief character. lol

it will come. delays happen all the time.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Because it's quite notable that he's stopped saying anything at all against Wings - such as the saga of the missing SL imports - when firstly he himself predicted this turn of events back in the summer and secondly HE is usually so keen to lecture on improper business practices. Who can forget his thread bashing TNO and whether Riley was closing or not ? Double standards and I'm looking for a reason. I'm not the only one here who thinks this as you are no doubt aware.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Lol. Right back at you!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

enuff!
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

This is just sad. A vendor can’t make a shipping date because of his union. The other vendor couldn’t make shipments because they wouldn't respond to their paying customers.

Apples and oranges.

I’m gonna hit the lock topic. Everyone who is getting a jacket, I hope you enjoy them. Those that aren’t have a great day.

:TOH:
-TS
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Just recived from Wings:
The Striated Lambskin Indy Jackets US Made will not be available until the Middle of January. The Union will not release them until then for us. (they control when it is made and when it is shipped) We do have the Cowhide in and the Bison will be here tomorrow. Roz gave us the news today. Completely out of Roz’s and our control.

Thank You,
Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
http://www.uswings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
info@uswings.com
myke@uswings.com
330-655-5050
330-653-3750 fax
If you have questions, contact Wings.

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Just in:
M,

Sarge and I just had a meeting with the Union Stewart over the phone. We will pay double time if they will come back in tonight and work. We will also pay overnight shipping from the factory to here. We will be able to have some Striated Lamb here tomorrow, and can and will ship some of them tomorrow. If any member wants next day air , they can call in tomorrow and have theirs shipped out. (We are working on getting as many as possible here.)

Thank You,

Myke Redpath

General Manager
US WINGS, Inc
http://www.uswings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
info@uswings.com
myke@uswings.com
330-655-5050
330-653-3750 fax
I just got off the phone with David, and he said he is paying the union workers at the Schott factory to come back to work after their shift ends at 3 EST this afternoon, and they will work until UPS shows up at 7 EST. They will ship as many of the striated lambskin jackets as they can make in those 4 hours at double time pay, and they are going to be over-nighted to Wings tonight.

As stated, if anyone wants their jackets shipped over-night to their address, it can be done, but it is at the costomers expense. Otherwise, they will ship regular ground and will probably arrive next week.

After tonights jackets are shipped, the Schott factory closes for 2 weeks, so there will be no more jackets of any kind made until after the first of the year. That's why it will be the middle of January before anything else shows up.

Once again, any questions, call Wings.

Regards! Michaelson