Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: USW Striated Lamb Legend, US Made

Post by Mitch LaRue »

:lol:

(Mitch & Ian both stand, looking down at their watches and occasionally tapping their feet...)

Mitch: "Geez, Ian... how long has it been now?"
Ian: "That's been... a little over 10 minutes now, mate... I'll tell ya... unbelievable..."
Mitch: "UNbelievable... that's JUST what I was going to say..."
Ian: "You want to grab a drink while we wait?"
Mitch: "It's like you're reading my mind, pal... Let's go."

;)
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

:rolling:

I've ordered the US made SL, so I've gotta wait until Jan probably. I'm in the UK, so there'll be a couple of weeks delivery and then there'll be the dreaded customs. :(

So, Fox....That drink... :lol:

Ian
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

CHEERS, my friend!
;)
indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by indiana745 »

All US made Striated lamb Legends are shipping 12/21... this includes Long sizes as well? [-o<
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

I called and was told that they aren't sure when the long sizes will be in.
KrYpToNiAn1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KrYpToNiAn1 »

Myke hinted that some of the Legends may get shipped on the 16th, but he doesn't want to over promise and under deliver. I'm pretty exited and am looking forward to sharing it with you all as soon as it arrives.

s.
Last edited by KrYpToNiAn1 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

KrYpToNiAn1 wrote:Mike hinted that some of the Legends may get shipped on the 16th, but he doesn't want to over promise and under deliver. I'm pretty exited and am looking forward to sharing it with you all as soon as it arrives.

s.
I just called Myke in my office and ask Him what he knows that i don't ??He said that Roz owes him a favor!WOW what a Bus driver.. You know that there is only two Legend USA Made Striated Lamb jackets out there and Weston and _ have them..... I have a very strong feeling after X-Mas we will all see pictures of the Lamb.. Bison and USA Cow all over the place! Oh BTW Roz always leaves Town the week of X-Mas and does not come back until after the first of the Year.. She spends that time with her Mother and there will not be any Longs made until after She gets back.. I am sorry because She has been working just like Myke and i.. very long hours But Roz had to have a hand in making these three Legend Jackets and is a Hands on person.
Sarge
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Is it too late to order one of these? Tried sending Myke an e-mail and no response back.

IndianaChris
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

IndianaChris711 wrote:Is it too late to order one of these? Tried sending Myke an e-mail and no response back.

IndianaChris
I would call them, its your best bet. :TOH:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Sgt. wrote:
KrYpToNiAn1 wrote:Mike hinted that some of the Legends may get shipped on the 16th, but he doesn't want to over promise and under deliver. I'm pretty exited and am looking forward to sharing it with you all as soon as it arrives.

s.
I just called Myke in my office and ask Him what he knows that i don't ??He said that Roz owes him a favor!WOW what a Bus driver.. You know that there is only two Legend USA Made Striated Lamb jackets out there and Weston and _ have them..... I have a very strong feeling after X-Mas we will all see pictures of the Lamb.. Bison and USA Cow all over the place! Oh BTW Roz always leaves Town the week of X-Mas and does not come back until after the first of the Year.. She spends that time with her Mother and there will not be any Longs made until after She gets back.. I am sorry because She has been working just like Myke and i.. very long hours But Roz had to have a hand in making these three Legend Jackets and is a Hands on person.
Sarge
So, did anybody get a shipping notification? Just curious. I have been hoping and praying that I would get one today [-o< ...but no dice. :cry:

Travis
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Sarge told me Monday today....
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Oh well...
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

It's driving a LOT of people crazy....but it'll come!!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Well, I've read it posted several times by David that jackets will start shipping on December 21st, and that's monday, so they're still on schedule.

Regards! Michaelson
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Yep....dead on schedule....

It's hard bein' a kid waitin' for Christmas to come, ain't it? ;)
:TOH:
Indydawg
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

:)
Y'know dawg... you touch on a really neat point:
Waitin' on (and lookin' forward to GETTING my mits on) this U.S. Wings Jacket this Christmas has really stirred up a lot of the nostalgic feeling of "pins & needles" anticipation that I remember from when I was a kid waiting for what the man in the sleigh was hopefully gonna deliver...
THIS year I'm excited not only to get my SL Legend, but ALSO (maybe especially) because I can't wait to see my son's face when he sees HIS jacket!
:D
THANKS Sarge (and Myke) for doing your collective BEST to play the part of SANTA to so many of us BIG KIDS and our not-so-big-kids!
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

You said it, Mitch!!!

I can't wait for my girls to open their "Lil Legend" jackets either!!!

It's gonna be so awesome!
Digger4Glory
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Digger4Glory »

Mitch LaRue wrote::)
Y'know dawg... you touch on a really neat point:
Waitin' on (and lookin' forward to GETTING my mits on) this U.S. Wings Jacket this Christmas has really stirred up a lot of the nostalgic feeling of "pins & needles" anticipation that I remember from when I was a kid waiting for what the man in the sleigh was hopefully gonna deliver...
THIS year I'm excited not only to get my SL Legend, but ALSO (maybe especially) because I can't wait to see my son's face when he sees HIS jacket!
:D
THANKS Sarge (and Myke) for doing your collective BEST to play the part of SANTA to so many of us BIG KIDS and our not-so-big-kids!
This is exactly my sentiment as well! My son is going to flip when he see's his jacket! I off course can't help feel the same way being a big kid myself and waiting for the SL US Made! The only difference between now and then, is I had direct control over making this happen for my son and I. The real deal is sharing this moment together and I don't think it gets any more special than that! Many thanks indeed for Sarge and the gang for doing the 7 day a week thing to make this happen! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Well...when it comes down to it...Santa is bringing the jackets to my girls...and maybe to ME, too!!!

Santa rules! :whip:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

+1 on the kids getting their jackets! I've had to keep them out of my bathroom because of the leather aroma coming from my closet!!!! They are gonna have a cow!!! Literally! ;) Yeah, and I knew about the 21st being the date. I would not have even bothered worrying yesterday had Sarge not also said that some would ship the 16th. Guess I can wait 4 or 5 more days... :TOH:

Travis
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, but I think it was Myke who dropped that date of the 16th for a few possible early shipments, and it even caught Sgt. by surprise. :lol: ;)

Regards! Michaelson
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Did Sarge ever mention that those who ordered and prepaid for their jackets are guaranteed to have theirs shipped on the 21st?
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

If you count him posting several times here, himself, that all the Legend jackets will ship on the 21st as a "guarantee," then...ummm...yeah, I guess so ;)

Indydawg
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I'm nervous too! Even though I know I shouldn't be. I paid 300 bucks the first of October because I was going to get the import, but after talking to a few members here about it I immediately changed my mind to upgrade to the US version. I emailed Myke and told him to please invoice me for the remaining C-note. He said don't worry about it, they would do that when it came in, and he put my name down for a US SL.
Now, after the imports selling out, I'm on pins and needles! I have worried the you-know-what out of Sarge and Myke about invoicing me for that remaining 100, and I still haven't. I know I'm in good hands and I need to just relax, but its KILLIN' me! :lol:

Travis
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

You aren't alone...and yes...you need to relax...but, then...so do we all...a lot...
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Yeah Dawg, but that's a lot easier to type than do ;) :lol:

I spoke to Sarge today on the phone and he assured me they will be going out Monday. Now, I'm just hoping my package comes before Santa does!!! :lol:

-TS
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

Sarge, Myke and the gang at US Wings are top notch. I'm sure if it's humanly possible these will all ship out on schedule. \:D/

Despite not really needing another jacket I just had to order that USA SL Legend. I'm just doing my part to keep the US economy going :TOH:

I'm hoping it only takes 2 days to ship otherwise I'll have to go in and open up the office Friday. I wonder if I should see about upgrading the shipping :-k
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Since the other US Wings SL import thread is locked, thought I'd ask my question here, are the imports also shipping on the 21st?

Not overly concerned if the jacket is here for x-mas, seeing as I kinda bought it and it's not actuley a gift (just to my self O:) )

But anxious just the same.
Croft :mrgreen:
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

My US made arrived today. :tup:

Thanks MYKE and US Wings.

Merry Christmas,
G-MANN
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

USW Striated Lamb Legend, US Made

Post by djd »

That's great g-Mann. Did anyone else get one shipped to them?
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Got mine!!! It is beyond awesome!!! Been breakin her in all day. I will post pics and a review after the break. Yall have a merry christmas!

Travis
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Hollowpond wrote:Got mine!!! It is beyond awesome!!! Been breakin her in all day. I will post pics and a review after the break. Yall have a merry christmas!

Travis
Hey, Glad to see you got yours too. Couldn't agree more, awesome. This is the jacket I have been hoping for.

Cheers,
G-MANN
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I'm glad you guys got them! Can't wait to see the pics!

Weston
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Congrats guys, enjoy em, can't wait to see them pics. I spoke with Wings today and I'll see my import mid January.

Have a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

Croft :mrgreen:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

This jacket is my perfect Indy jacket. The drape, the undertones, the substantial-ness, everything. I wore it on my 5 day vacation to Disney World, as the average temp in sunny Florida was about 40 degrees! :shock: And it broke in nicely. I even got called up on stage for the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular, and my jacket made the actor's jacket look like garbage! (My family got NO pictures by the way ](*,) ). I'll have to see if my inlaws have some.
I cannot get over how well it fits. I am 6' tall and about 190lbs with a fairly athletic build, and I have NEVER had a jacket fit this well. Matter of fact, my next jacket project is a half-belt vintage like Forrests' Sears Hercules, and I will be using measurements directly from this jacket. Everything is perfect for me. The sleeve length, the back length, the shoulder width...EVERYTHING! Now that it is sufficiently broken in, I'll have to see if I can borrow the school camera to take some pics. Thanks a ton Sarge! This thing is awesome!

Travis
bobcatmvp1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bobcatmvp1 »

Hollowpond wrote:This jacket is my perfect Indy jacket. The drape, the undertones, the substantial-ness, everything. I wore it on my 5 day vacation to Disney World, as the average temp in sunny Florida was about 40 degrees! :shock: And it broke in nicely. I even got called up on stage for the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular, and my jacket made the actor's jacket look like garbage! (My family got NO pictures by the way ](*,) ). I'll have to see if my inlaws have some.
I cannot get over how well it fits. I am 6' tall and about 190lbs with a fairly athletic build, and I have NEVER had a jacket fit this well. Matter of fact, my next jacket project is a half-belt vintage like Forrests' Sears Hercules, and I will be using measurements directly from this jacket. Everything is perfect for me. The sleeve length, the back length, the shoulder width...EVERYTHING! Now that it is sufficiently broken in, I'll have to see if I can borrow the school camera to take some pics. Thanks a ton Sarge! This thing is awesome!

Travis
What size did you get again? If you were 6'2" would you get a long? I'm glad you like it. Can't wait to get mine.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I got the large. If I was two inches taller, I would definately get the long, but call wings to double check!

Travis
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Travis, that is great news! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow \:D/
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Must... see... pictures... :P

I love that you were on stage for the Indy show while wearing your jacket.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

I'm getting mine tomorrow as well. Hopefully, it lives up to all the hype. (But then again, if it's better than my TN SL, I'll be shocked).
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

That's great news TS! You are gonna love it. Its kinda stiff out of the box, which to me is a new thing with a lamb jacket. I was almost of the mind that it was too small it was so stiff. But after wearing it for a day or so... It is perfect!
No disrespect intended PSB, just a genuine question here; Why did you get one in the first place? :-k It seems like you have already made up your mind to not like it.

Travis
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

bobcatmvp1 wrote:
Hollowpond wrote:This jacket is my perfect Indy jacket. The drape, the undertones, the substantial-ness, everything. I wore it on my 5 day vacation to Disney World, as the average temp in sunny Florida was about 40 degrees! :shock: And it broke in nicely. I even got called up on stage for the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular, and my jacket made the actor's jacket look like garbage! (My family got NO pictures by the way ](*,) ). I'll have to see if my inlaws have some.

Travis
What size did you get again? If you were 6'2" would you get a long? I'm glad you like it. Can't wait to get mine.
I am 6'2" and ordered the xl long. I'll let everyone know how it fits when it arrives. It might be awhile from what I'm told.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Hollowpond wrote:That's great news TS! You are gonna love it. Its kinda stiff out of the box, which to me is a new thing with a lamb jacket. I was almost of the mind that it was too small it was so stiff. But after wearing it for a day or so... It is perfect!
No disrespect intended PSB, just a genuine question here; Why did you get one in the first place? :-k It seems like you have already made up your mind to not like it.

Travis
Well I ordered it many months ago because I was intrigued by all the claims made by Sarge about how awesome this jacket would be (original pattern, Neil Cooper, calfskin, etc, etc). As months went by and things changed and delays happened, I became less and less enchanted and my expectations were lowered quite a bit. However, I still want this jacket because I'm very curious about how it has turned out. I'm hoping it's still a good jacket. Worst case is, I'll return it or sell it if the fit isn't right or there are major flaws.
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

I'm feeling a little disenchanted too ( shock! :roll: ). I paid for my US made SL in early October and have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation. I don't know if all you chaps recieving yours had already paid months back?
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I paid in october as well. I also paid to have the shipping expedited.

Travis
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

That's something of a relief thanks ;)
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

djd wrote: I don't know if all you chaps recieving yours had already paid months back?

No DJD I was not charged a cent until my jacket shipped on 12-23-10.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

djd wrote:I'm feeling a little disenchanted too ( shock! :roll: ). I paid for my US made SL in early October and have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation. I don't know if all you chaps recieving yours had already paid months back?
djd, I would call USW directly and try to contact Myke and Sarge several times....this is what I did and they eventually moved up my shipping date from mid-January to last Monday.
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

Hollowpond, great to hear you got to go on stage at Disney World with your jacket! We need pics! :D
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Good news! Myke just replied to me to say they should have my jacket end of this week or early next :)