The end of a Legacy

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Nowakpadawan
Vendor

The end of a Legacy

Post by Nowakpadawan »

Hey guys (and gals?),

Sorry to post this, but Tony Nowak Originals is scheduled to close its doors forever........
Maria (Tony's widow) and I have had numerous long discussions, and we can not see a viable future in leather.
SO this is a last call for jackets, please DON'T hesitate to contact me using NOWAKPADAWAN@AOL.COM to get the ball rolling.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Riley
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: The end of a Legacy

Post by PSBIndy »

wow. Very sorry to hear that. Glad I got my jackets from the Man himself. It was truly a honor. These jackets are real treasures to me now more than ever.

In my opinion, the Nowak jackets will forever be known as the "Picasso's" or the "Rembrandt's" in the Indy jacket world....they will never be equalled or duplicated!
Last edited by PSBIndy on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Tony left a great legacy behind him. :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yet another reason why I put mine back in it's bag and in a safe place for storage. You can '@#$% the heck out of them', but now they ARE irreplaceable. They AREN'T 'just jackets' anymore. :(

I'm very sorry to read this news, but also understand.

Regards! Michaelson
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Terribly sorry to learn of this...

Riley, I'll send you my e-mail before the end of the day tomorrow with my info regarding the Last Crusade Jacket we'd discussed previously.

Take care,
Fox
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

I'm sorry to hear this but I wish you success in other adventures.

I'm proud to be owner of TN's jackets.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I am truly blessed to own a "warts and all" carbon of the jacket Tony had to copy. Add mine to the retirement pile. Best of luck, Riley.
singsingjohnny
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by singsingjohnny »

Riley-

Thanks for all your help with my 747 CS, I'll treasure it always.

Best to you and your family...though this news saddens me, I know you'll succeed, whichever path you follow.

Take care and don't be a stranger!

- Mark
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Hey Riley,
Good luck with everything. I was hoping I could've gotten one of your jackets next year after saving up but I guess I will have to try to get a TN second-hand if at all possible. Ah well, its just a jacket. Best wishes!

Regards,
Jim
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Tundrarider wrote:Hi Riley,

Thank you for sharing your plans with us here at COW. It is very kind of you to accept a run of final orders, as you could potentially become very busy, very fast!!! :Dietrich:

I'm thankful to have known your dad and in the brief time I knew him, I loved him very much. Having one of his jackets is an honor, but the jacket won't last forever...after all, it's just a jacket. But his memory will live on in my heart for eternity.

When I wear Tony's jacket, it is like I'm carrying around a small piece of him. Folks see it, admire it and comment upon it; whereupon I get to tell them the story of this great man. I like it that he made leather jackets, as opposed to shoes or something else. A leather jacket keeps us warm, safe and comfortable. This is very fitting as a gift from a caring and generous man like Tony.

I will wear my Nowak Original until it falls apart. (Or until I do, whichever comes first!!! :P ) Not wearing it, would be hiding Tony's Light under a bushel.

On another note, I want to compliment you on the outstanding jackets you have made since Tony's passing. Every one I have had the honor of seeing has been beautiful and has been more than worthy of the Tony Nowak label.

My best to you, and please give my best to your mother, your family and your fellow workers in the business. :)

Michael :TOH:

Yeah, I'm going to continue wearing mine until it falls apart too. It's just a leather jacket (as Tony would say). My brain is as good a place as any to keep Tony's memory alive. Well, some might not attest to my brain's abilities.....lol
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Different strokes for different folks in that case.

When your jackets will have fallen apart and are gone, and eventually your memory dims and/or are gone forever with your passing, there will still be some jackets around with the documentation for future folks to view, keeping Tony's memory alive for as long as the garment survives.

It's the old argument that is always in the matter of the hobby of collecting watches. Are they our possessions, or are we just their caretakers as we pass through THEIR existance. ;)

In the case of my TN CS jacket, I chose to be caretaker instead of consumer.

Nothing wrong in either decision if you're happy with it.

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Do you even remember where you put it last, _? :-s

:CR:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:rolling:

...but back to the topic at hand, I think either way you go, it's still a fitting gesture toward honoring Tony's legacy.

Regards! Michaelson
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

I am saddened to hear this news, but I certainly wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors.

:TOH: Best wishes,
NS
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Sad to hear the news but understandable under the circumstances.....personally I'll be a wearer......Raiders SL in cool spring, early fall days .....CS or Surrogate for the colder days........still feel they'll long survive me ....then be passed down to the next generation......sad end to the GOLDEN AGE OF NOWAK...... :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Well, sure, you own 3. Most of us only have the one. :lol: :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Yep, some of the best money I've ever spent.........but getting to know BIG TONY....Priceless !! :TOH:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Tundrarider wrote:I want to compliment you on the outstanding jackets you have made since Tony's passing. Every one I have had the honor of seeing has been beautiful and has been more than worthy of the Tony Nowak label.
Just wanted to say... I couldn't agree more with these words Michael wrote a little further up the page.
:)
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sithspawn »

Sad to hear this, Riley. :cry: Best of luck to everyone in whatever you decide to do. Long Live TONY NOWAK ORIGINALS.
Guess I'll have to add my TN CS and ROTLA to the retirement pile. Too irreplaceable now. I'll go back to wearing my Wested TOD. ;)
Last edited by sithspawn on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raskolnikov
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Raskolnikov »

Very sad news, Riley. Best wishes to you and your future. Your father was a great man and I am proud of having two of his jackets. While I may keep my CS in the closet, I cannot stop wearing my Raiders for many personal reasons. So this one will be used until it starts falling apart (if I don't do it first). Then I will cherish it and keep it safe somewhere.
Best regards,
Rask
Bemo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bemo »

Nowakpadawan wrote:SO this is a last call for jackets, please DON'T hesitate to contact me using NOWAKPADAWAN@AOL.COM to get the ball rolling.
Am I reading this right? This would be for new orders :-s
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

Sorry to hear this, but it's understandable. I wish you and your family the best. :TOH:
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

This news is really hard hitting, and I for one am very sorry to hear that we will be losing such an important part of not just Indy history, but film and jacket history in general. This truly is the end of an era.
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

I had the opportunity to meet Tony at a few of the QMs and he was a wonderful guy. I really enjoyed talking about the Indy jackets with him and the other work he had done. I definitely looked at his table of goods with an envious eye. I dearly wish I could have gotten one of his Raiders jackets, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Riley, best of luck in your future endeavors.

Mike
sam
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sam »

Boy, I hate to hear this news, Riley! But you've got to follow God's plan for your life,and I wish you the best. You are in my prayers. I sure do treasure my CS. Treasured your Dad more. Barely knew the guy, but greatly enjoyed the few conversations I had with him. Some of his last words to me were, "Happy Easter!" I had called him when I had just gotten back from a hike that some leather jackets may have never survived. The jacket is a tank! I thanked him for making such a quality, real world jacket. He was thrilled to hear that it was being used out in the field! He got pretty stoked! I sure to miss him, and will greatly miss your company.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I'm sad to hear the news but completely understand.

...... And on a side note. I'm wear my CS Tony Nowak jacket as we speak and going to wear the ---- out of it.
Flyderf
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Flyderf »

I never had the honor of getting a Nowak jacket. If I did, I would wear the &**#!@@ out of it like it was meant for. I completely respect the guys who feel like it's too treasured to risk wearing it out, or damaging it. This is Indy gear for crying out loud, not formal wear. Live life, wear the gear hard, don't baby it. I know he never made a jacket and said, "this is going to look great in storage".
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

I used to baby my first Indy jacket. Then I decided that life was too short not to enjoy a fine leather jacket and now I wear them whenever and wherever I can.

SD
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

Tony's jackets were pretty amazing. I really enjoy seeing the images of his work from other COW members. Wish I could've had the pleasure of owning one myself.

SB
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Flyderf wrote: I know he never made a jacket and said, "this is going to look great in storage".
Actually....no, .never mind. =; :TOH:

Regard !Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Flyderf wrote:I never had the honor of getting a Nowak jacket. If I did, I would wear the &**#!@@ out of it like it was meant for. I completely respect the guys who feel like it's too treasured to risk wearing it out, or damaging it. This is Indy gear for crying out loud, not formal wear. Live life, wear the gear hard, don't baby it. I know he never made a jacket and said, "this is going to look great in storage".
I can appreciate the sentiment, but again, some of us only ever could get one jacket, if any at all! I'm still amazed at the deep pockets of those who purchased numerous jackets fro him without batting an eyelid. Share the wealth, will ya? :lol:

I'm sure I'll wear my Nowak on rare occasion, but the decision to effectively retire my jacket has to do with this: My TN-1 was a carbon "warts and all" copy of the original Raiders jacket Tony had in his hands. It was also one of the first ones made a few weeks (if that) after he saw that jacket, so the details were still fresh in his mind, before he was inundated with custom requests to deviate from it, for whatever reason, on a jacket-by-jacket basis. It was also made BY Tony. Sure patterns from that run likely exist, but Riley (nor any other jacket maker that I am aware of - correct me if I'm wrong) got to physically study the real jacket, not just pictures and patterns from it. I figure my jacket is arguably one of the few close replicas with such pedigree that it may never be copied again. If future generations want to know what the film jacket looked like in its "original state," then years from now I'll be able to show them. I am seldom one to collect "for the sake of collecting," but I think I'll make an exception to this jacket.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Michaelson wrote:
Flyderf wrote: I know he never made a jacket and said, "this is going to look great in storage".
Actually....no, .never mind. =; :TOH:

Regard !Michaelson
haha ;)
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I agree with your sentiments _- while I probably won't be storing my jackets for preservation, I will definitely choose when to wear to prolong the life of them.

There is another thing for Nowak owners to consider. My father was a WWII paratrooper. At reunions the vets would wear their beret badges and other WWII decorations, etc. It was not uncommon for "opportunists" to steal the vets cap badges (originals of my father's unit fetch a lot of money in the collector's world - 1st Can Para) - leaving the vets returning to their stuff to find badges they were ISSUED gone for the sake of people who wanted them....

For those of us who choose to wear our Nowaks from time to time - it will be best to note that if you take it off and leave it on a chair in a public place, it may not be there (if any people who know jackets recognize it) when you return. This is something for us to consider. I know I'll be watching for that if I wear my Nowak out or decide to leave it in my vehicle....
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

binkmeisterRick wrote:
Flyderf wrote:I never had the honor of getting a Nowak jacket. If I did, I would wear the &**#!@@ out of it like it was meant for. I completely respect the guys who feel like it's too treasured to risk wearing it out, or damaging it. This is Indy gear for crying out loud, not formal wear. Live life, wear the gear hard, don't baby it. I know he never made a jacket and said, "this is going to look great in storage".
I can appreciate the sentiment, but again, some of us only ever could get one jacket, if any at all! I'm still amazed at the deep pockets of those who purchased numerous jackets fro him without batting an eyelid. Share the wealth, will ya? :lol:

I'm sure I'll wear my Nowak on rare occasion, but the decision to effectively retire my jacket has to do with this: My TN-1 was a carbon "warts and all" copy of the original Raiders jacket Tony had in his hands. It was also one of the first ones made a few weeks (if that) after he saw that jacket, so the details were still fresh in his mind, before he was inundated with custom requests to deviate from it, for whatever reason, on a jacket-by-jacket basis. It was also made BY Tony. Sure patterns from that run likely exist, but Riley (nor any other jacket maker that I am aware of - correct me if I'm wrong) got to physically study the real jacket, not just pictures and patterns from it. I figure my jacket is arguably one of the few close replicas with such pedigree that it may never be copied again. If future generations want to know what the film jacket looked like in its "original state," then years from now I'll be able to show them. I am seldom one to collect "for the sake of collecting," but I think I'll make an exception to this jacket.
That sounds like the right thing to do. Bink, is it a 1:1 copy of the original jacket, or was it sized at all for you? Just curious...
FlameoftheWest
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by FlameoftheWest »

Bink, do you have any pics of your jacket, I don't think I remember ever seeing any.
FlameoftheWest
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by FlameoftheWest »

And I forgot to mention, that I also got a Raiders jacket made by Tony last Christmas, and I will continue to wear it every chance I get, just wouldn't seem right to retire it. I don't think I will be able to wear it out in my lifetime and if I do, in the words of Tony, its only a jacket. :TOH:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Brothers and Sisters in this Esteemed Fellowship (and possible Cult) of The Many Variations of The One True Indy Jacket I implore you:
During this time of unrest and turmoil PLEASE remember the following before passing judgement on those who worship the same Jacket as you, but in a different way...

To the members of the "Ima Wear - and Beat - the $#!& Outta This Jacket (In TONY's Honor)" Denomination I say this:
Your fellow Members who wish to save and protect their Jackets for the sake of posterity (whether in order to archive some keepsake or to keep a record of this amazing man's work during his short time here OR even simply as a tribute to Tony) should be held in your deepest respect:
Please remember that were it not for like-minded people, there never would have BEEN a jacket that had survived the ravages of time for Tony to have inspected, measured and duplicated for us all to enjoy in the FIRST place. All that would have been left would be jacket-shaped mess of leather with more torn strips of shrivelled leather than any of us would have liked to see.
To all of YOU Indy's who who prefer "fortune & glory" OVER making sure it stays safe "in a museum"...I urge you to embrace those other Members for this truly admirable disposition.

To the members of the "I've Got to Put This Jacket Someplace Safe and Warm (But Not TOO Warm) and Dry (But Not TOO Dry) and Keep It in My Care" Denomination I say this:
Your fellow Members who wish to slap that proud Jacket onto their backs and bring it along on their own adventures DESPITE the risk of scuff, scrapes & tears both to their Jackets AND themselves are simply excercising the most basic spirit and intent with which these Jackets were made: For the love of real world excitement and adventure regardless of how many fingers - or zippers - we've gone through by the time our Game is up.
These Members are simply doing their best to make an adventure out of their lives and wish to take along a friend who's "built like a tank" to keep themselves as safe as possible.
So, to all of YOU Indy's who who prefer making sure it stays safe "in a museum" OVER "fortune & glory"...I urge you to embrace those other Members for this truly admirable disposition.

Cheers folks!
:TOH:
Last edited by Mitch LaRue on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

First of all thanks Riley for all the hard work you have been doing and continuing Tony's business, I was kind of concerned when I did not see the website up at all. I guess I know why now, I have already contacted you regarding a new order. I believe Riley is saying this is a last call for a jacket, at least that is how I took it. Again I wish you the best where ever you go from here, and thanks for the heads up. Some people would just end their business and its tough luck that you get a jacket. I'm glad I saw this now, I canceled my Wings order and was getting to ready to contact you any day. I have sent my e-mail already I hope you get it. Thanks again.

IndianaChris
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Indiana Chris,
You won't be disappointed with that choice ;)
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

I am another one of those "more than one" guys though my pockets are not that deep. I can only say that I've wanted a "real" Indy hat and jacket since I was eleven years old and was motivated to rearrange finances, sometimes not smartly, to be able to get a great jacket and great hat if it was at all possible.

By contrast to the jacket, thanks to this amazing group here at COW, the hat part was almost too easy. There's been some fine representation here at COW for the elite versions of Indy's hat. I tip my hat to you, Steve, John, Marc. Thank you so much!

The jacket, on the other hand, was a lot more elusive. There were a number of nice rugged Indy or Indy-like jackets from numerous sources over the years (some even from fellow COW members passing their previous efforts along trying to find their own perfect Indy jacket). The MAGIC was never there for me until Tony got involved. Read back through the jacket section of COW for the past few years and you'll see a testament to an inherently good man even with all of the human flaws that he had. To me he was truly one of the great ones really. He was a respectable business man, a great craftsman and a good friend to many in our community of which he was very appreciative and fond of as whole.

As everyone has been recalling, when Tony made his CS available for sale he definitely encouraged people to "beat the ###" out of their jackets because he knew they were built to endure more than the average jacket. I know I personally have put my CS in a number situations that some would cringe at: it's been soaked in the rain and snow, been worn moving through thick brush and while working around the yard. It has even been worn while carrying a Christmas tree (is still has a small sap stain on the upper back). To me that jacket is collecting stories and recording some of the events of my life in the form of scratches, scars and markings (albeit much more boring than Indy's) and it will continue to do so. Tony was pretty elated when I sent him some pictures of the jacket months after I had received it.

When Tony told me he was making a Raiders jacket I remember thinking that I already had the perfect jacket but the Raiders jacket is THE jacket I had always wanted. So I told him I would love to have one if he would make me one. I remember telling him I was concerned about the cost. Tony's advice was to take advantage of opportunities especially the ones you've been hoping would come along and then did. Sometimes the financial burden needs to be taken to achieve your goals even if you believe you might not be able to afford it. Some opportunities only come around once. I remember thinking that I shouldn't do this as November and December were coming up and it's usually the time of year where my wife warns me not to be buying "presents" for myself with the holidays coming up. But I so badly wanted to take advantage of this opportunity and didn't know how long it would be there so I told him I was in. I remember during this conversation at some point he said that he wished that he make jackets for free to COW members but this was something he could not afford to do. Opportunity would be a major theme in future conversations that would have with Tony.

I am deeply humbled to have received one more jacket as a gift from Tony as I know quite a few others from around these parts have as well. I was talking to Tony on the phone and he said he wanted me to pick another number for another jacket that he was going to make for me and that it would be a gift. A short time later I received a second Raiders jacket, one which was made with the "toned-down" version of the shrunken lamb.

I think most would agree that all of Tony's different offerings are resilient in their own right and made to the best standards that each of the leather types could be made to. Obviously the goat and cow jackets would hold up to more strenuous situations than a lamb version put into the same situation but they are all very capable of being worn daily and outlasting lesser jackets by many years. However, given that there is now an absolute unavailability of any Tony Nowak Original jackets being produced much less one made while Tony was still with us I can totally understand why some people will never wear theirs again if they ever actually wore them in the first place. Once it's gone you won't be able to replace it.

Most of my conversations with Tony were about life, politics, success, luck, more politics, hardship, opportunities, humility, friendship, family, being true to yourself and others, etc. Regarding Indy Tony often talked about how his jackets were meant to be worn even though he knowingly made a number of them that he knew were being put right into a display case or tucked away into some type of storage by a collector. "They are just ####### jackets." As I agree with Tony's real world sensibilities I will not be packing any of mine up and will continue to wear them as being able to wear these jackets has been, again, the dream I had since I was eleven years old.

I was fortunate to get to spend a little bit of time with Tony over the course of a few days a while back. On one of the evenings we were hanging out in his shop I asked if I could snap some pictures of the various parts of the shop. It was dark and I didn't want to ask him to turn all of the lights back on for my benefit. I just wanted to have some photos so I would be able to remember what it all look like. (It was nearly 1AM in the morning by this point.) One of the photos I snapped was of the sign that was over one of the doorways - It was a large version of the Tony Nowak Original logo. When I looked at the screen on the back of my camera a somber thought hit me as it was a low light almost dark picture of the sign. The lights were turned down and obviously the shop was closed. What would it be like when the shop closed for good. The sign would likely be removed. I asked Tony at that point about when he thought he might retire. "That's a good question. About the Indy jackets that I've been doing: That's really something I wish some people would realize. I'm not going to be doing this forever. Maybe a couple, few years more. When I retire, that's it. People won't be able to get THESE jackets anymore." I remember thinking, "Well certainly if someone ever took over things around here if you decided to retire, no one would be able to keep on pace with the level of customer service that you provide....". I kind of got the sense that he was not thinking that this would happen. Nobody was going to carry on his work?

That Riley was possibly making an attempt to keep the Tony Nowak Originals business going was a pleasant surprise to many around here. I can't say that I'm absolutely surprised in how it worked out and am truly sad that it worked out the way it did. These were, however, some pretty big shoes to fill and the expectations on anything with Tony Nowak's name attached to it would be extremely high. I personally think it is fitting to end the business on a high note. Some more incredible jackets were produced under Riley's direction and it looks like there will be a few more to come. Other companies that created Indy related items became shadows of what they were formerly and I'm glad that TNO will close before something like that happens to them. In the end it's too bad that it did not work out for those that were not fortunate to have gotten a chance to receive one of the finest jackets that they will ever own, Indy or non-Indy.

Riley, Marie and Enzo: I wish you the best in your life's endeavors!

It seems every successful business has a mantra. It usually works best when you commit it to paper and then say it out loud. I have come to believe that every person should also have a mantra and do the same. If you stay true to this one as was Tony's mantra, you too will find some success.

Szczerze i zawsze być sobą... -t. nowak
(Be honest and be yourself always... -t. nowak)

I know it will truly be a sad day the day they officially take down that sign.

KIND REGARDS,

Don't Call Me Junior!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I don't see people picking fun of people that are going to retire their nowak jackets. I understand why some would do that but that's not what I'm going to do. Life is to bloody short not to wear this jacket. My son on the other hand won't wear his jacket because he is worried about it. I look at it this way, it's little oaks choice not to wear it because he is scared it will get damaged but I tell him not to worry about that get the joy of wearing while it fits him but it's up to him.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Will we ever know what the final numbers are for the jackets that were made?
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

The end of a Legacy

Post by djd »

I'd have no problem with wearing one - I've had motorcycle jackets for years - one that's been crashed in twice and it still looks 100 per cent. If these jackets are as well made as people say- and I'm sure they are - it will take a more than a lifetime to wear one out :) I shall place an order and find out I think!
Rook
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rook »

Is there still an active web site? I had a HDD crash and lost all my links.

Thanks,

Russ
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Don't Call Me Junior!:

Great, great words ...

:notworthy:

Thanks for them.

:TOH:
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Rook,
I think it's gone now.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Forrest For the Trees wrote:
That sounds like the right thing to do. Bink, is it a 1:1 copy of the original jacket, or was it sized at all for you? Just curious...
It was sized for me. After all, I wanted to wear the thing! ;) Tony told me that apart from it being sized for me, he copied everything exactly like what was on the original. He even made sure to tell me a story (several times over different conversations, mind you)
of someone who wanted him to make an exact replica of a different beat up jacket some guy had, even down to the number of teeth on the zipper! That's how exacting he said he was on my TN-1. Heck, when I initially asked for some minor changes, he said NO! :lol: He wanted to keep everything dead on. I'm glad I listened to him.

FlameOfTheWest, I don't have any recent pics of my Nowak. If I find time, maybe I'll take some new ones and post them.
FlameoftheWest
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by FlameoftheWest »

Thanks, I'd love to see it, sounds very unique.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Really enjoyed reading that, _... Thanks.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

A tidbit of jacket history there. ;)