Ahhh!! Wested Tear!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Jsoftz
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Ahhh!! Wested Tear!

Post by Jsoftz »

Today, in the hall at school I did a little roughhousing with my friend, Lance. At one point, he grabbed my Wested Lamb and we heard a loud RIP noise, and at that point I knew the sleeve was torn. This is the same jacket that belonged to Indy Ken and he beautifully distressed. I'm afraid it's a little TOO distressed for my liking now.

Question is, what do I do? Do I send it back to Peter? If he replaces the sleeve, how much would he charge to fix it and would it look strange next to the distressed jacket? Or should I just.. *gulp* buy a new jacket? Someone.. help me out!

Thanks
Josh
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

OUch, thats a drag! Did the leather tear,, or did the seams come apart? If it's just the seams, have it stitched back up. If it's the leather, depending on how big a teat, you might be buying a new jacket.
copper
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by copper »

Ok this should make you feel better,well maybe not.I git bout three rips in my wested,four bb sized holes.One hole was from a BB gun fight that I got into :twisted: yeah that was fun point blank range to.The other three holes not realy sure how they got there I was able to super one of em back together the other one cant realy nottice it.Now as far as the tears two of em I was able to sow up myself.Turned out nice for a realy worn out rugged lookin lived in personl armor adventure eqeipment.The other tear happened when I was playing BBguns snaged it on a barbed wire fence havnt had time to fix yet.
Jacket is 3 n a half years old & for what ever reason it was that I asked Peter how much it would cost to replace the sleaves on the jacket was $25 smakes,that was three years ago not sure what it might be now though maybe someone else can help.I just wanted to let ya know that your not the only one out there with a torn jacket.I guess I need to put up some pics of it so everyone can examine it like a test subject gone bad,hehe.Just love my jacjet though.
As allways wear gear in good health & with attitude.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Aghh Josh! What are you doing to my jacket man! :x

I wouldn't worry too much. If its torn at a seam where the stitching is it will probably fix up rather well. One of the pockets began to come off on mine once and I took it to a local leather repair shop and they sowed it up. Look at the pockets and tell me if you can identify which one it was!

I would just take it somewhere local and let them look at it. These things happen but usually they aren't a disaster.

Ken :)
Shalimar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Shalimar »

Ahh well it happens.. but if it would make you feel better I could send you the pics of what my fiancee calls "Your DEAD COW" :wink: