Original Jacket is my design and make.

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

! Michaelson

Post by Michaelson »

RCSignals wrote:
DR Ulloa wrote:
Rick Deckard wrote:Okay, so I know that Wested, Todd's and Tony Nowak's shop make jackets that are fairly SA. The question I have is, if US Wings bought Cooper, and Cooper designed a jacket for SS, why isn't a recreation of that jacket for sale? Unless US Wings has no desire to enter that particular niche market...
Michaelson has stated before that We make a small percentage of US Wings sales. They have many different contracts, military and local police forces, to which I believe Michaelson has said that they supply some Indy jackets to. SA is not at the forefront of their agenda as it is to Wested. The Blue Label jacket, which I have, was a departure from that and their upcoming jacket is as well. But realize that they are concerned with making a jacket that will endure the test of time as they are a makers of all kinds of jackets and have different standards to uphold with a larger customer base.

Dave
Yes 'M' said US Wings supplies Indy jackets to one of the Power Utilities I think. I just can't remember which one.
Peter has also said COW doesn't represent the bulk of his I-J jacket sales. Same applies to Tony Nowak's sales of I-J jackets. COW may represent the most 'intense' interest in the jackets though :-k
The Tennessee Valley Authority, or TVA to be exact.....and by the thousands....and actually, COW represents a large number of sales, but a great number of them come from oustide this community from what I've been told.

Regards! Michaelson
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Original Jacket is my design and make.

Post by RCSignals »

Thanks

I knew I wasn't imagining the utility. Wings is about to sell a whole lot more jackets to COW members too. ;) :TOH:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

](*,)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Tennessee Smith wrote:
RCSignals wrote:
Yes 'M' said US Wings supplies Indy jackets to one of the Power Utilities I think. I just can't remember which one.
it's the Tennessee Valley Authority :TOH:
Tennessee Smith wrote:](*,)
I wasn't ignoring you Tennessee :TOH:
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

It's par for the course around here!!!
:TOH:
:tup:
faststreetsofhongkong
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by faststreetsofhongkong »

PETER wrote:I have watched with some amusement at certain US citizens attempting to make the original 'Hero' jacket
a product of USA but I must tell you it was designed and made in England.
Who is or what is Neil Cooper, i do not know, he certainly had nothing to do with the jacket I produced.

It worked and became the production jacket. To my knowledge NO ONE and no other jacket design has this feature either before or since
and is and was unique to me and my production. As simple as that with no conspiracy theory.
Regards to all
Peter

Peter seems pretty passionate this, and we should all give him the benefit of the doubt. I have a feeling that, after JAWS, STAR WARS & EMPIRE STRIKES BACK if you were contacted by a member of Spielbergs' or Lucas' production team, you would know that something big is going down. Lucas was no stranger to England (again after STAR WARS & EMPIRE STRIKES BACK).

I think to clear this up once and for all, am I'm sure that Peter must have these, Peter please post your behind the scene's pictures (from your work shop) when you were making these jackets. Anyone would be proud working on pretty much any movie, but especially with the filmmakers who just did JAWS, STAR WARS & EMPIRE STRIKES BACK ... he must have some items from back then (photos, original invoice). I highly doubt that someone would work on a Francis Ford Coppela film and then throw away pictures and invoices, wouldn't the same apply to a Spielberg or Lucas production? Perhaps Peter feels that these are too private to reveal to the public, but after 30 years and so many threads, isn't time just to set the record straight?
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

faststreetsofhongkong wrote:
PETER wrote:I have watched with some amusement at certain US citizens attempting to make the original 'Hero' jacket
a product of USA but I must tell you it was designed and made in England.
Who is or what is Neil Cooper, i do not know, he certainly had nothing to do with the jacket I produced.

It worked and became the production jacket. To my knowledge NO ONE and no other jacket design has this feature either before or since
and is and was unique to me and my production. As simple as that with no conspiracy theory.
Regards to all
Peter

Peter seems pretty passionate this, and we should all give him the benefit of the doubt. I have a feeling that, after JAWS, STAR WARS & EMPIRE STRIKES BACK if you were contacted by a member of Spielbergs' or Lucas' production team, you would know that something big is going down. Lucas was no stranger to England (again after STAR WARS & EMPIRE STRIKES BACK).

I think to clear this up once and for all, am I'm sure that Peter must have these, Peter please post your behind the scene's pictures (from your work shop) when you were making these jackets. Anyone would be proud working on pretty much any movie, but especially with the filmmakers who just did JAWS, STAR WARS & EMPIRE STRIKES BACK ... he must have some items from back then (photos, original invoice). I highly doubt that someone would work on a Francis Ford Coppela film and then throw away pictures and invoices, wouldn't the same apply to a Spielberg or Lucas production? Perhaps Peter feels that these are too private to reveal to the public, but after 30 years and so many threads, isn't time just to set the record straight?
I don't think this is really an issue that is being contested here. No one doubts Peter was involved in making jackets for Raiders.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

What would it be like if someone 25 years from now made a statement that Steve Delk didn't make the Indy 4 hats. Would he be expected to prove it? Would he take offense to it? does anyone see Peters side at all?
faststreetsofhongkong
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

BendingOak wrote:What would it be like if someone 25 years from now made a statement that Steve Delk didn't make the Indy 4 hats. Would he be expected to prove it? Would he take offense to it? does anyone see Peters side at all?

I was not trying to offend anyone, especially Peter. I was actually trying to help him. Maybe Peter is just a private guy. Again, I was trying to help, no need to flame me. The questions are clearly out there, what I mentioned above would clear it up once and for all. That would help Peter, right?

And Peter did start this thread, right? We have the right to reply, and try to help.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Faststreetsofhongkong

I am not sure the type of photos that you are talking about could really substantially prove anything. The issues at question here seem to concern the actual origins of the designs themselves (as the title of the thread suggests) and the usage of the jackets on screen. A photo of Peter working on a jacket or an invoice for an order of jackets for the production doesn't really furnish us with any information with regard to these questions.

No-one here is trying to attack Peter - people are simply responding to his statement in the light of recent postings and new information that has come to light about the jacket. Civilized discussion on such issues is what Indygear is all about.

Ken
faststreetsofhongkong
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Ken wrote:Faststreetsofhongkong

I am not sure the type of photos that you are talking about could really substantially prove anything. The issues at question here seem to concern the actual origins of the designs themselves (as the title of the thread suggests) and the usage of the jackets on screen. A photo of Peter working on a jacket or an invoice for an order of jackets for the production doesn't really furnish us with any information with regard to these questions.

No-one here is trying to attack Peter - people are simply responding to his statement in the light of recent postings and new information that has come to light about the jacket. Civilized discussion on such issues is what Indygear is all about.

Ken
Ken,

Thanks for your comments. Again, I was just putting in my 2 cents worth. I just Love the behind the scenes materials on the KOTCS DVD, just wishing for whatever we can get from the actual people who worked on anything from RAIDERS.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

BendingOak wrote:What would it be like if someone 25 years from now made a statement that Steve Delk didn't make the Indy 4 hats. Would he be expected to prove it? Would he take offense to it? does anyone see Peters side at all?
The problem is that a great many of Peter's statements don't add up. You can see contradictions in the few statements that he made here. If Steve's story changed with the telling and he made claims that went against the statements of several others who were there, then, yes, I would expect him to clarify the inconsistencies. The thing is, Steve doesn't do this. He has been nothing but candid and consistent. Nothing to think about there.

But, recently, on another forum, there was a claim to have made a jacket for another movie by a vendor. When it came out that another company made the jacket, the story changed to it was stunt jackets made, and so on. Sound familiar?

It's like I said before, it's "the boy who cried wolf syndrome". Once you've been caught a couple of times, you're credibility begins to go and people begin to doubt everything you've said.

I don't doubt that Peter didn't make some of the jackets used in Raiders. That is a big deal to us here and should be enough. There isn't a need for further embellishment.
faststreetsofhongkong
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

crismans wrote:
The problem is that a great many of Peter's statements don't add up. You can see contradictions in the few statements that he made here. If Steve's story changed with the telling and he made claims that went against the statements of several others who were there, then, yes, I would expect him to clarify the inconsistencies. The thing is, Steve doesn't do this. He has been nothing but candid and consistent. Nothing to think about there.

But, recently, on another forum, there was a claim to have made a jacket for another movie by a vendor. When it came out that another company made the jacket, the story changed to it was stunt jackets made, and so on. Sound familiar?

It's like I said before, it's "the boy who cried wolf syndrome". Once you've been caught a couple of times, you're credibility begins to go and people begin to doubt everything you've said.

I don't doubt that Peter didn't make some of the jackets used in Raiders. That is a big deal to us here and should be enough. There isn't a need for further embellishment.
A lot of this stuff is way over my head. I just think that any behind the scenes stuff that no one else has seen can, at the least, be somewhat helpful.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

faststreetsofhongkong wrote:

I was not trying to offend anyone, especially Peter. I was actually trying to help him. Maybe Peter is just a private guy. Again, I was trying to help, no need to flame me. The questions are clearly out there, what I mentioned above would clear it up once and for all. That would help Peter, right?

And Peter did start this thread, right? We have the right to reply, and try to help.

My statement wasn't dirrected at you at all. Just a statement. I will admit I'm a bit confused and came to the party late but I have read a lot of 2nd hand accounts being used as if they came straight from the source over people like Peter who as far as I know has alway been known to have made the jackets for this movie.

Sorry if I stuck my nose in where it doesn't belong.
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

No, Oak...you're good...I don't think any offense could be construed there..

And, crismans-well said, sir!
IndianaSean
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaSean »

John - I agree with you. This is why I get a little frustrated with threads like this. Granted I'm not as astute on the Indy gear like most on this site. The knowledge I have gained here leads me to believe that Peter did provide some of the jackets. However, if you make a claim please provide evidence to support your claim. I'm sorry but for Mr. Botwright to make the claim "Original Jacket is my design and make" and then just disappear without supporting his claim with some type of substantial evidence is a little childish. Meanwhile we are getting our eyes poked out here trying to unravel the mystery. ](*,) Guys lets just remember one thing.....it's just a jacket. And please... I say that with the utmost respect to all here.

High regards,
Sean
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Maybe everyone needs to take a step back then, head over to the bar, and order up whatever you like...it's on me!

Seriously-it seems to me that this thread is really serving little purpose but for tail chasing any more. It seems that there are different camps with different agendas going. Evidence of the first hand variety has been provided and is being questioned and/or outright ignored.

I think it's time to lock this one down until something utterly revolutionary becomes available...

Regards to all!
Indydawg