BLISTERS! (eewww!)

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

indy_jones_fan
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

BLISTERS! (eewww!)

Post by indy_jones_fan »

i have a pair of indy boots that b4 they got naturally distressed they made pancake sized blisters on my heals and now they don't hurt as bad but i wear them every day (does anyone else?) and they kinda make my heals sore when i walk alot got any ideas to fix that prob? :?
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Blisters and heel soreness probably come from the stiffness of the boot. Until the upper part of the boot breaks in, the heel is going to travel a little. Sounds like the shoes were still a little too new for the trip.

For the first 3 weeks, the shoes would cause some minor discomfort on my left foot. Not anymore. Interestingly enough, I also noticed that on other shoes, I was walking over the bottom sole or literally off the shoe in the same area my foot was sore. With the Aldens that is almost impossible due to the fact that the outer sole is the widest part of the shoe.

Just my experience,
Pyro.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

I find that shoes never break in until you walk a mile in them in the pouring rain.

But that's just me.