Well heres something Adam Winrich doesn't have...

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

pfcyoung
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Well heres something Adam Winrich doesn't have...

Post by pfcyoung »

Here is a video I did and i have the one thing Adam doesn't have. An epic fail with a bull whip!

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLk2_zLBMmY

Enjoy!!!

Dan
TenuredProfessor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Well heres something Adam Winrich doesn't have...

Post by TenuredProfessor »

Un bleeping acceptable!!!! That whip better be in the mail back to Western Stage Props pronto!! Wow..... uh...just wow.
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

Dan,
yeah that really shouldn't happen. But at least you have actual proof that the whip wasn't mistreated, so it shouldn't be a problem to get it either fixed or exchanged. I don't understand why this happened to you, it's certainly not a common thing. Just call WSP and I'm sure they'll take care of this ASAP.
Cheers,

Franco
pfcyoung
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by pfcyoung »

actually i just grabbed some nylon i had and tied it on the same day, lol
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

I got to crack one of the WSP 8 ft nylon bullwhips a couple weeks ago, and compared to their 6 ft whips I thought the 8 footer was made way heavier than it needed to be. And the fall cord they use on those whips isn't very heavy duty, so I can totally see that fall getting trashed with solid overhead cracks, considering the weight of the whip.

As you already know, the upshot is that it's really easy to replace the fall on those, and you can use about any length of cord to do the job.

-Adam
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Wow, I’ve never seen that caught on camera before, Thanks for sharing the video. That also explains why you wanted to know how to replace a fall.

Since it looks like you don’t want to return the whip, at least call or e-mail the store and let them know what happened. It might be a fluke; it might be a design flaw but it should be addressed. Then replace the current fall with one better suited for that bullwhip.

Dan
pfcyoung
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by pfcyoung »

Funny, that hadn't crossed my mind. I should go do that. i think i will send them a copy of the video. Thanks guys!!
pfcyoung
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by pfcyoung »

Ok boys this is an older thread now but i thought it would be fun to put in another 2 cents towards this.

I called WSP and spoke with Mark Allen, great guy. I told him how the cording IMO was just not that great seeing how it was a cotton/poly blend cord and frays out too fast, so therefore it was no surprise to see it explode like that. I told him that i didn't worry about it because of the "Eyehole" and I took some of my 550 cord and just replaced the fall with that. hands down 550 cord is the best stuff for nylon whips. We then talked about why i use Nylon and how i would love to graduate to a kangaroo whip in the near future, only that price and practicality are my main issues. Besides I think I am ready to upgrade to the "Danger Zone" when i save up for Kevlar Whips!!

so overall i didnt feel like there was anything wrong with the whip itself other than a faulty fall which is easily replaceable, Thank God.

Cheers

Dan
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

Kevlar?

Getting firewhips?