Wade Egan Holster or "Are we the first to arrive?"

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Wade Egan Holster or "Are we the first to arrive?"

Post by kiltie »

Twenty bonus points to those who got the Close Encounters ref...

Here is the Wade Egan KotCS style holster, thirty minutes out of the mail box:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1832.jpg

For reference, it is pictured next to a Tony Novak CS jacket, an Adventurebuilt CS, an original MkVII ( H&S 1942 ), a roo hide whip, and Wade's CS weapon rig.
The wet form is fairly well represented in the picture: not quite as deep as some of the old police holsters you may have seen from the sixties through the early eighties, but fairly detailed nonetheless. In the pictures I took, I stuffed the holster with butcher paper ( I have an Indy-esque pistol, but I don't want to spoil the detail of the WG - I ought to have a resin coming...).
The color, etc.. looks quite SA, and the way that the leather is dyed seems to give something of a predistressed look. A bit on the stiff side out of the package, I'll probably get after it with some leather lotion ( Kiwi is my brand ) after the thrill subsides a little. By looking at it, I'd say the leather is not as thick as Jake's, thus, I'd not likely carry a real Webley in it. However, an advantage to this is, when worn as a prop, it's lighter and more comfortable ( read; flexible, and so forgiving on the mid-thigh ). Actually, I'm sure it'd do fine with a real weapon, I'm just imagining, you know, war-time... Suffice it to say, it's not as heavy duty as the old police holsters I mentioned before. Maybe the cows are more high-tech now: lighter, but more dense... :-k .
In any event, a solid addition to the get up, and well crafted ( thick stitching, pattern smoothly cut, nice hardware that's covered behind the flap to protect your "investment"...) Another advantage to the relative thinness will be the reduced break-in period. I like this holster a good deal, and Wade gives as much attention to customer service as he does to details. Thanks!!!

More pics:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1834.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1835.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1833.jpg
Last edited by kiltie on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wade Egan Holster or "Are we the first to arrive?"

Post by kiltie »

Here are a few more pictures, this time next to a vintage holster for a six inch pistol. Also in the pics, a Caicedo cowhide, and an AB Raiders:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1836.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1837.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... G_1838.jpg

With the two holsers in my hands, I'd say Wade's is just over 3/4 the thickness of the vintage. Also, you can see the CS holster is considerably larger than the older, 6" MOD version. This was touched on a long time back with the first person who had a CS replica commissioned ( I wish I couls find the link, but I'm almost sure it was a Keppler...).
Just wanna say thanks again to Wade Egan and commend him on his craftsmanship!
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

Great photos!
I'm planning on going after Wade's straps for the bag but when it comes time for me to invest in a Raiders holster, would Wade be considered THE go-to guy for one?
I'm pretty much looking for the 'best of the best' and I won't settle for less as long as my wallet can help it.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I've seen both Wade Egan's and Jake Johnson's holsters in person. My personal opinion is that you can't go wrong with either one of them. They're both top-of-the-line holsters.
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

Should the holster belt be ordered a little larger than your normal belt size?
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

Wade asked for my usual belt size and adjusted accordingly. It looks pretty good on ( like the KotCS stills ); sorry I don't have a "wearing it" pic. It sits comfortably at the hips on either the first or second notch ( before or after supper ;) ) with a good 9 or so inches of surplus. Every so often I get my toys and check 'em out, and I'm still very satisfied with the stuff Wade made for me. Jake Johnson's holster does look awfully nice. I dunno what I'd do with two, but I'm oddly tempted, none-the-less. Currently, though, I'm anxious to see how the WG kit fills out this holster. I'll put up some more links as soon as I get it.
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

I could be blind, but I can't find a link on Wade's site for the holsters... ](*,)
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

generalFROSTY wrote:I could be blind, but I can't find a link on Wade's site for the holsters... ](*,)
Yes I was trying to find it also. How much is the WG holster?
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

Mike, I see you changed your avatar. I guess you've proven to us long enough just how great you look in your gear!
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Got my lovely CS style holster from Wade the other day :)

generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

So it's been said that Wade offers the most accurate gun belts on the market. I was wondering if this statement stands true for his holsters?
I was looking at his offerings and having trouble deciding if I want the Radiers tan or saddle brown. Since I am going for a Radiers look I guess I should get the tan but I do like the color of the brown better. Any recommendations??
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

Gosh. Wade, Jake and AB all make great holsters. There's nothing wrong with Todds either and great value for money.
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

I've pretty much decided to go with Wade's leather goods, I was curious to see how other vendors' products stood up to the SA test.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Wow that is an awesome holster Kiltie, can't go wrong with one of Wade's products. I have an AB holster for my Raiders gear. I have seen jake's and he makes some great holsters too. Thanks for sharing.

IndianaChris
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

It's been a while since I looked in on this thread. If I can scrape up some batteries today, I'll get some pics with the pistol in the holster posted later.

Thank you everyone for the compliments, and thanks Wade Egan for the gear.

djd, you rig looks fantastic!
IndianaSean
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaSean »

Oh man...I can't wait for my CS holster from Wade!! \:D/ I ordered one earlier in the week. Racking my brain!! ](*,) :mrgreen: I also echo Tundrarider, Wade is a great guy to boot!

Sean :TOH: