A Small Thing

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

A Small Thing

Post by rover smith »

Got my AB slider buckle in the post. Its not much, but it is nice.

IndianaBogart
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: ...listening to a tinny piano playing in the parlor downstairs....

Re: A Small Thing

Post by IndianaBogart »

That strap looks great! Where is it from?
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

I'm gonna guess Wade Egan (if no one minds me guessing until rover tells us)...
By the way, rs... while I agree, it isa little thing, it sure is a pretty little thing!
;)
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

The Magnoli bag with a Todd's strap I picked up came with an AB buckle. Problem is I can't figure out how to get the buckle on the strap! I'm no good with these things... ](*,)
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

jnicktem wrote:The Magnoli bag with a Todd's strap I picked up came with an AB buckle. Problem is I can't figure out how to get the buckle on the strap! I'm no good with these things... ](*,)
You have to cut the rivet holding the buckle on off & install the new buckle with a Chicago screw (the two-piece screw that is on the other end of the strap.)
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

IndianaBogart wrote:That strap looks great! Where is it from?
Mitch LaRue wrote:I'm gonna guess Wade Egan (if no one minds me guessing until rover tells us)...
Not a Wade Egan buddy, I think the tell tale sign is that its not dyed through, I believe Wade does that with his. I got it from a guy in the UK who runs this site www.lost-ark.net. He provides all the leather bits from the Indy gear set up. Real nice strap very thick and tough. The buckle it comes with though is far from SA, a nice buckle just not right.
jnicktem wrote:Problem is I can't figure out how to get the buckle on the strap! I'm no good with these things...
I think Wade Egan has a tutorial up on his site on how to do this, its really easy.

:TOH:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Mitch LaRue wrote:I'm gonna guess Wade Egan
Tundrarider wrote:The buckle looks like Wade's new one, but the strap doesn't.
rover smith wrote:Not a Wade Egan buddy
:lol:
:oops:
I know this'll count for very little (especially given that it's "after the fact")... but I do now agree, it doesn't look like Wade's (of course, that's easy for me to say now that rs has confirmed it) but for the record, I was quickly in agreement after you wrote that, Michael (and before I read rover's response... which has now proved you quite right)
I've got no one to blame but myself, though... I really only took a quick glimpse at it before I thought "hmmm... kinda looked like a W.E. to me... I'm gonna guess that"
:roll:
Next time I'll do more than glance at something before I guess what it's all about.
;)
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

Mitch LaRue wrote:Next time I'll do more than glance at something before I guess what it's all about
haha, there is alot to get through on the site, I find my daily catch up takes a bit of time, especially as most of you guys are posting while I'm asleep.
Tundrarider wrote:Nice bag, strap and buckle!
Thanks buddy :TOH:
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

All in all the whole package looks great & well worn. Looks like plenty of miles there. :clap:

Cheers! :TOH:

Dan
alphared6
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by alphared6 »

WOW! That slider look exactly like the slider found on the strap of a WW1 German gas mask can! :shock:
...Ya don't think???? :-k
davidd
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by davidd »

I really like the look of that strap and buckle combo. I've been hesitant to spend the money on a leather strap -- I mean, c'mon, it's, like, not much more than a belt, only with less finishing work -- and I've been content (so I've been telling myself) with the plastic faux-leather strap that came with a Costumebase bag. Maybe it's the way you photographed your set-up -- this is a very nice photo, with a warm, vintage feel to it -- rather than the strap itself, but now I find myself needing a leather strap, and a plain, square metal buckle.

I should really stay away from this forum, ya know? ](*,)

Great combo, and nice photo of your gear!

Oh, and... is this the "tan" or the "dark tan" version of the strap?
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

alphared6 wrote:WOW! That slider look exactly like the slider found on the strap of a WW1 German gas mask can! :shock:
...Ya don't think???? :-k
It is pretty close now you mention it, the ones I've seen on those cans are a little thicker, but they would probably work on a leather strap.
DanielJones wrote:All in all the whole package looks great & well worn. Looks like plenty of miles there
Thanks Dan, The stuff in the picture sees alot of use, I wear the jacket all the time and the bag comes to work with me most days, so yeah, "alot" of miles,
davidd wrote:I should really stay away from this forum, ya know? is this the "tan" or the "dark tan" version of the strap?
Tell me about it, I check in everyday and covet other folks gear. So many options for really good quality stuff. It was the dark tan strap I ordered.

And thanks for the kind words about the photos. I'm inspired by how Tundrarider presents his gear, he always takes the effort to make it look real world and vintage.

:TOH: