I think these are the it! alden indy

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

jones7
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

I think these are the it! alden indy

Post by jones7 »

jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: I think these are the it! alden indy

Post by jedidentist »

Interesting little view. I only saw about half of it before the player went kaput. I forgot that they had a place so local to me. I'm going to need mine resoled very soon, so it will be easier, and likely cheaper, than sending them out to San Francisco. My only comment on it is that for a "reporter" from "The Globe", this seemed very high schoolish...she even stumbled over her lines. Before publishing something like that, I'd certainly have had my dialogue spot on...but that's just me.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Yup, this piece is horrible. I hope the Globe didn't pay her for it. That accent makes me want to vomit.

Here is her webpage.

http://www.spikeyem.com/

After seeing her, I'm not surprised how terrible this piece is. Obviously made by someone who doesn't care what people think about her or her work.

Actually....since it is the Globe we are talking about here....I'm not surprised.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

As someone majoring in Mass Media/ Mass Communication, I am truly disgusted by the quality of this entire piece. Bad audio, bad cuts, bad transitions, bad everything. ESPECIALLY the voice over. I mean seriously, she is reading from something that she more than likely wrote herself and yet she you can still hear her stumble or lose her place reading. Absolutely LAZY if you ask me. Oh, and those must be some special order Aldens or the AB ones because the stock 405s are NOT that color brown. :roll:

Kyle
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Actually quite par for the course for the dribble that the Globe spews onto the streets.

Like I said, it is embarassingly horrible, but I'm not surprised.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

It's been posted before, at least I'm pretty sure I've seen it before on COW. Amateurish perhaps, but I liked it. :)
jones7
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by jones7 »

The Indys in the video are the exact same make up of the boot Indy wore. look at the heel(same heel, every picture i have ever seen indy boots has this exact heel not the stacked heel). Same color as the original and it looks to be constructed better than the current ones.
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

I couldn't get the video to play. Maybe it's not up anymore, but I did read the written copy from her site. I'd say it's on par for junior high school level, maybe pushing high school capabilities.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

jones7 wrote:The Indys in the video are the exact same make up of the boot Indy wore. look at the heel(same heel, every picture i have ever seen indy boots has this exact heel not the stacked heel). Same color as the original and it looks to be constructed better than the current ones.
See above.

Kyle
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

It's interesting that her own page doesn't have the Alden piece on it. I get the video page screen, but after all the transfers, the play button doesn't work and all I get is a blank, black screen.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Maybe it's because she KNOWS it is nothing but complete junk...

Kyle