Western Stage Props Rubber Smith & Wesson

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

morphosis
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Western Stage Props Rubber Smith & Wesson

Post by morphosis »

Hello

i was wondering has anyone bought the Rubber Smith & Wesson from Western Stage Props? I was wondering if it comes painted? I know a lot of us are looking for replica guns, i just wasnt sure if these Western Stage Prop guns were nice? and for $80 i thought wasnt bad price. Here is the link:

http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/m ... _Code=IJG2
morphosis
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Western Stage Props Rubber Smith & Wesson

Post by morphosis »

thank you for the feedback...Yah the gun for me is a dilemma because i want my pieces to be close to authentic, but i just dont want to spend hundreds or thousands on an actual gun.

id love to find a metal replica, that would be ideal, but not sure what they are going for. Do you know what they usually cost?

I have been reading about Rooks replicas, and that would be more than ideal, although im not sure if he's still taking orders...but that would be perfect! So im going to try and see if he still has some available....

thank you again for your help. If you come across a replica gun somewhere, let me know.
morphosis
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by morphosis »

Tundrarider,

forgot to ask, do you know of the best places that sell Resin or Metal replicas? budget wise, i can spend anywhere from $50-$200. really don't want to go much higher than that for a replica.

thanks again!
morphosis
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by morphosis »

yes im definitely taking my time on this, im in no hurry....someone sent me a link to some resin ones by Artsee and they do look nice for $110....thats exactly what im looking for...so i emailed them.

i am curious, which bag do you have? Right now i have one i bought from CostumeBase...its not bad, i replaced the strap with a Todd's strap. The bag is pretty nice, but im thinking i might try Todd's bag or Magnoli's bag...

yah it will be fun collecting the stuff, and im sure ill be replacing stuff as i go...but i dont mind, its all in the fun of trying to collect.

my biggest challenge is re-creating the grail diary...i took classes in bookmaking before so i have some experience...the challenge is to draw & trace all the illustrations. it will take quite a long time to re-create it, but im patient, im in no rush....

thanks again for your insight.
hoose55
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hoose55 »

Does Artsee have a website or is this all done via email. I also was curious about your holster, Micheal, I looked at Jakes website, saw the beautiful western rigs, but no Indy models.
Unrelated, were you at the Queen Mary last night, I went and saw Tony and recognised a few others, but didn't see you. I wore my "Happy Cow"
J-
hoose55
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hoose55 »

Thanks, Micheal. I appreciate your reply and hope to run into you at one of these Summits. See you soon!
J-
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

I also have 2 or 3 in stock.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Lee!!! Long time no see! ;)
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

I haven't posted much about my S&W replicas, but for $15 more than the Artsee S&W I offer these completed resin replicas. I planned on finishing a few more and photographing and adding them to my site before I do. But this one is available and I have one other Bapty version finished and ready to go. Drilled out barrel, separate grips and cylinder piece. If you want it to open I can add magnets to the inside of the frame for an extra $25. Then it will open and close.

One thing to note, the Artsee Webley is the mid sized .38 cal MK VI, NOT the full size .455 WG. Just thought that should be said.

Best,

W.E.
M1917
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by M1917 »

Just to throw my two cents in...

It also depends upon what you're using the replica for. If it's just filling the holster, any revolver clone will do. If you plan on displaying it, a screen accurate replica is better. If you plan on playing with it, where the potential for rough handling is possible, a rubber prop gung or a metal/plastic airsoft would be your best bet. I broke the hammer spur off my Artsee replica while it was sitting in the gun cabinet drawer with the real guns.

By the way, my Artsee replica is of a Mk VI. If you like, I'll lay it side by side with my real Mk VI for comparison.
R/S
Fritz
IndianaSean
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaSean »

Wade Egan wrote:I haven't posted much about my S&W replicas, but for $15 more than the Artsee S&W I offer these completed resin replicas. I planned on finishing a few more and photographing and adding them to my site before I do. But this one is available and I have one other Bapty version finished and ready to go. Drilled out barrel, separate grips and cylinder piece. If you want it to open I can add magnets to the inside of the frame for an extra $25. Then it will open and close.

One thing to note, the Artsee Webley is the mid sized .38 cal MK VI, NOT the full size .455 WG. Just thought that should be said.

Best,

W.E.
Wade,
Those look great!! Like Tundrarider said, if your looking...there ya go!! Wade..as always.. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sean :TOH:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Morphosis you may want to heavily consider this version. It is more than you stated your budget was for but it is about as close as one can get to the real deal. It beats the Western Stage prop hands down and has a lot more funcionality than the resin versions.

http://www.toddscostumes.com/cgi/commer ... key=353500