screenused just sold the Indy Raiders gun!

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

IndyFanChuck
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

screenused just sold the Indy Raiders gun!

Post by IndyFanChuck »

Guys, go to www.screenused.com and check it out. They sold that AMAZING Raiders Indy gun. I am shocked, I thought they would have kept that and the Fedora together forever. Either way, I you can see it on their page if you check it out.

I would imagine that it went for a pretty penny. Anyone here buy it?
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: screenused just sold the Indy Raiders gun!

Post by Dr._J »

Yeah, that was me. Early Christmas present to myself.

Yeah, right. I wish! ;)
sithspawn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sithspawn »

WOW! :shock: Desi SOLD the Sternbridge gun. Someone must have made an offer he couldn't refuse. :-k
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I don't think he promised us that he wouldn't have sold it. If I had any piece of screen-used gear and I was offered an indecent proposal I wouldn't refuse either.

Desi please take loads of pictures before it goes because we might not see it ever again... you know how collectors are usually. At least we would know WHO to ask if in need of "evidence".
IndyFanChuck
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyFanChuck »

I just wanted to clarify that I DIDNT start this thread to bash Desi, he is a great guy. I was just saying that it sold. Nothing more. Personally, for what he got paid for it I would have sold it and paid for my daughters college fund! hahaha

I just wanted to make sure this didn't become a criticize Desi thread. That is not what I want, and it's rude. Not that anyone did say that yet, but...... I am just saying. Please be respectful to Desi. He shared TONS of amazing photos with us! :H:
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Just a thought, but couldn't you just make a mold of the gun and sell replicas of it and make more money in the long run? Just wondering.
IndyFanChuck
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyFanChuck »

Desi is a 100% legitimate businessman, and that gun is STILL copyrighted so it would be illegal. Not what screenused is about. It's an AWESOME idea, and I would love it, but I would doubt that would happen. Especially with Smith and Wesson being such a big company.

Just my opinion though..... :BD:
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Understood. But wasn't the gun altered for the movie by shortening the barrel length? If so, then I would imagine the gun could be duplicated, without the S&W logo of course.
ScreenUsed
Vendor

Post by ScreenUsed »

I knew I should have stopped over here sooner. :lol:

Hey, yeah, well sometimes it's time to let things go. A very good collector friend purchased it from me, and yes it was a pretty penny, and yes that is private info. But if you want to have a range, sort the Archive items on the website by price. And yes a low mileage Jaguar XJ220 can go for upwards of about $200K. So we'll leave it at that. :?

It was great owning it, I do have many pictures, and I shared many close ups with you guys here. I do still have the hat and whip, and hopefully will not receive some over the top offer on those any time soon, because I would like to keep them. But with the gun, it was getting a little crazy with 6 live fire guns in the house, and I'm really just not a weapon type of guy. I have never fired a real gun before. So it just started to feel strange.

Desi
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

ScreenUsed wrote:it was getting a little crazy with 6 live fire guns in the house, and I'm really just not a weapon type of guy.
Desi
For some reason that is just the GREATEST line :) :rolling: :clap:

Thanks for all the pics! Appreciated by the entire community, I'm sure =P~
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Desi,

Congrats on the sale. As for the hat and whip, I'll give ya $20 a piece for 'em. ;)

Which reminds me, I think we have a few updates to the main site to do…

Mike
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Mike's such a cheapy. Heck, I'll give you $25 for them! :lol:
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

that gun is STILL copyrighted so it would be illegal.
You guys kill me. :rolling: As if S&W is just sitting back and waiting for a run of these guns to hit COW so they can hit all of us with lawsuits. :roll: IMO, it's just a bit of an overreaction.

Desi,
Glad it went to another solid collector. Hopefully we'll see it again but we all must be thankful to you for sharing it with us, even if you did add watermarks. :lol: You've provided us with some amazing info that we here crave more than anything. So...thanks again.

Oh, and don't feel nervous about your weapons. Not sure why you would be at all unless you're firing them in your house. You're not doing that...are you? They're pretty much useless unless you have bullets for them. :lol: Of course, you could beat someone with it the same as a hammer or heavy spatchula so perhaps you should get rid of any blunt objects as well. :lol:

Okay, sorry. I just had to mess with you.
Rook
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rook »

ArkansasIndyFan wrote:Desi is a 100% legitimate businessman, and that gun is STILL copyrighted so it would be illegal. Not what screenused is about. It's an AWESOME idea, and I would love it, but I would doubt that would happen. Especially with Smith and Wesson being such a big company.

Just my opinion though..... :BD:
It wouldn't be any more illegal to make resin copies of a screen used movie gun than it would be to walk into your local gun shop, buy a S&W Hand Ejector and then make resin copies of that.

Resin casting of an existing item is a real gray market area anyhow. I suppose, technically you're infringing on S&W's trademarks by resin casting one of their guns, but I doubt that they'd come after you for selling resin "Archeologist Hero" pistols. :)

Getting back on topic, congrats on the sale, and to the new owner!!

Russ
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I know in the past there have been legal issues with casting and retaining the S&W logo. There might be serious hoops to jump through to legally use their logo on a repro, but I do not recall that bit. But yes, this isn't a casting thread, so let's get this one back on the rails. ;)
IndyFanChuck
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyFanChuck »

I like your hat!

Wait, thats off topic. Im sorry!

Hey, how awesome is this gun??!!!!!!

binkmeisterRick wrote:I know in the past there have been legal issues with casting and retaining the S&W logo. There might be serious hoops to jump through to legally use their logo on a repro, but I do not recall that bit. But yes, this isn't a casting thread, so let's get this one back on the rails. ;)
Insomniac
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Insomniac »

It is also rumored that this particular gun was also used on the car chase scene in Temple Of Doom.
It's rumored this is the temple gun also?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Insomniac wrote:
It is also rumored that this particular gun was also used on the car chase scene in Temple Of Doom.
It's rumored this is the temple gun also?

At this point, the feeling is that this gun was NOT used in ToD. It's discussed in great detail here: http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38086

:TOH:
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

ScreenUsed wrote:it was getting a little crazy with 6 live fire guns in the house, and I'm really just not a weapon type of guy.
Desi
Six wouldn't be enough for some around here! ( not that I know anything about that of course :[ ) Image
Digger
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Digger »

You're right Desi! Guns jump up and shoot people all by themselves every day. Things are always in the news about guns just "going off". Be careful that kitchen stove doesn't walk over and burn someone. :lol: All in fun. PLEASE have a sense of humor.