Adam Savage Indy hat

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Adam Savage Indy hat

Post by knibs7 »

Does anyone know what brand of hat this is? It looks like a good TOD hat (if you add a ribbon)

Kyle
Restless Dreamer
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Adam Savage Indy hat

Post by Restless Dreamer »

and this topic proves that not every tapered hat is a TOD hat. there is screen accuracy even for this infamous version. in fact, this lid (except from the assence of bow) really looks SA to me: right taper, right low crown, right proportion. I wonder if it was meant, or casual
WalkingEye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by WalkingEye »

if you do a search you'll find a couple topics about this already. if i remember correctly he wore Akubras until recently, he's since replaced them with a custom clint eastwood replica and an adventurebilt.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

Currently, he's definitely wearing an AB. He talked about it on the show once saying that he had the hat "made by the actual guys who made the hats for the new movie."
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

AnubisScales posted this in the DragonCon thread in the scrapbook section the other day:
Aside from seeing you guys, my little highlight was getting to talk to Adam Savage in the lobby of our hotel. He was just kinda milling around by the bar with his attendant person, so I figured I'd go up and thank him for all his MythBusters work. He was very polite and very nice. I turned to walk away after shaking his hand, got about ten paces and remembered I had a question for him.

Upon darting back, I apologized for interrupting (his attendant looked a little annoyed, but he was smiling genuinely) and told him I has a dispute/question to settle. He said to fire away. Sorry if this is old news and is all known already guys, but I figured I would share none-the-less.

Turns out, his hat in the Indiana Jones episode is an Adventure Built, which he informed me is now sitting on display in the shop in London, and they're working on another for him to keep.

His Indy jacket, which he wears frequently, is a Todd's Custom, and he finds it much more comfortable than a Wested. Can't lie, I swelled with pride a little when I told him that mine is a Todd's too. (Nothing against Wested personally, I think they're gorgeous jackets (and so does Mr. Savage). But I do love my Todd's.)

And his other hat, the non-fedora, is actually made by a company called General Debauchery or something like that. I feel dumb because I can never remember the second word in the company name, and I don't think "Debauchery" is it.

So yeah. That was my fun little discovery.
Regards! Michaelson
Ranger36
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ranger36 »

Isn't he a member?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Adam? He used to be. I don't know if he's still registered or not.

Regards! Michaelson
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

He's definitely on the rpf as asavage. He posted a few pics from DragonCon last week with his new Chewie costume he promises to bring out here in S.F. for halloween.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

For the record:

There was a Adam Savage registered here.
He was contacted at the email provide to confirm his account.
(Because we frequently get people spoofing real individuals.)

He never posted. Only visited once or twice, and never responded, posted, or revisited.

His account was subsequently deleted during a yearly purge.

Please keep in mind we actually have a special protocol in place for people we know to be celebrities who
don't want to post but just visit. He was contacted with the info and we never heard from him.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

The AB worn in the Motorcycle flip episode of Mythbusters is one of the early AB-Dlx. that Adam bought third hand from one of the guys in here through the rpf.

I'm pretty darn proud that it's back home where it was made incl. a signature from Adam now, but I'll post more about this, once I get the new sweatbands for his new AB-Dlx.

Regards,

Marc