Fedora for a baby

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

A.J. Cairo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Fedora for a baby

Post by A.J. Cairo »

Forgive me if this has been discussed. i was sure it would have been, but i couldn't find anything in the archives when i searched them. Perhaps I should have searched longer.

Anyhow my wife is due to have a baby in april. I'm trying to find a fedora (not necessarily an indy fedora) that will fit a baby. Does anyone know of a website that sells them. I am not interested in a cheap costume fedora..i really want the real thing even though he (I'm hoping for a boy... we have two girls already) would quickly outgrow it. Also I was wondering if any of the vendors here would be willing to try to make one and what their price/turnaround time be? any help is appreciated.

P.S.
We're naming him henry ;)
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Fedora for a baby

Post by maboot38 »

Your zeal is truly laudable, brother Hiram.

I wish you luck. Sounds to me like you're going to have a tough time finding what you are looking for though, at least in a reasonable price range. I doubt our resident hatmakers have blocks for infants!!!

Still, I'm dying to see a midget fedora!!!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Just get a DP and wear it in the rain once and it should shrink to size. :lol: Seriously, a high quality infant sized fedora would be a rare find, indeed, since they don't make hat blocks that small. The block would have to be custom made. What's more, I don't know of any felter that would make a serious hat body small enough to use, either. Your best bet might actually be a small wool fedora. :-k
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

After last night, I'll gladly offer up my 5 month old to any hatter who wants to use her melon as a block for this fedora!!!!
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

I've search high and low for an infant Indy hat. My good friends named their baby Indy. When I asked if he was named after IJ the dad just smiled nicely. So needless to say I wanted to find a hat for this little fan.
These were the smallest hats I could find.
http://www.uswings.com/aviatn.asp#IJKFED

The smallest is: 49.5 cm (approx 19.5") unfortunately.

I suppose this would fit but it's pretty cheap looking. :lol: :lol:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... N%26um%3D1
CairoIndy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CairoIndy »

Spotted this on Filminsider.de,someone put together a really cool baby Indy outfit including a tiny(size 46!) HJ fedora and mini wested..

ImageImage

Here's the link to the article(unfortunately it's in German-but cute pics!-maybe someone here could translate what it says about the hat?).. http://www.propschmiede.de/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=2&t=599
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Even the bag is mini! :lol: I've seen baby Indy jackets before, but this is the first hat, much less full outfit, I've seen!
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

POCKETS SEEM A LITTLE BIG...
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

:rolling:
kiltie wrote:POCKETS SEEM A LITTLE BIG...
And here we go again...

I bet Tony Nowak's version is much better. Yoke seems a little off too.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Is that hat grey or brown? :-k

:Plymouth:

Regards! Michaelson
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

He says his babies head is 46. The smallest kid's fedora from US Wings is 49. Those hats are made from wool felt. Is it possible to shrink one of those size hats down to fit a smaller block?
beaverlid
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by beaverlid »

Baron hats makes hats for dogs. So if they go that crazy direction with hat making I bet they can make you a fedora baby sized. It will not come cheap but it is a hatter that can help you.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Whew! When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were looking for a trade! I was going to jump in and say, "This should be in the For Sale section!"

Shane
Mighty_Draw
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mighty_Draw »

Hang on a minute, an AB is worth at least two babies!

That baby outfit is amazing though, I'm sure that kid will grow to resent it and rebel against all things Jones.
DetectiveJones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by DetectiveJones »

Freemason wrote:Forgive me if this has been discussed. i was sure it would have been, but i couldn't find anything in the archives when i searched them. Perhaps I should have searched longer.

Anyhow my wife is due to have a baby in april. I'm trying to find a fedora (not necessarily an indy fedora) that will fit a baby. Does anyone know of a website that sells them. I am not interested in a cheap costume fedora..i really want the real thing even though he (I'm hoping for a boy... we have two girls already) would quickly outgrow it. Also I was wondering if any of the vendors here would be willing to try to make one and what their price/turnaround time be? any help is appreciated.

P.S.
I too have two little girls and my wife is pregnant again and due right before Christmas. Our plan was to name it/him Henry too. (Henry is a family name as well.) As luck should have it, or lack thereof, we are having another girl. Which means you most likely will be having another girl as well, just to let you know. :anxious:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

DetectiveJones wrote:
Freemason wrote:Forgive me if this has been discussed. i was sure it would have been, but i couldn't find anything in the archives when i searched them. Perhaps I should have searched longer.

P.S.
I too have two little girls and my wife is pregnant again and due right before Christmas. Our plan was to name it/him Henry too. (Henry is a family name as well.) As luck should have it, or lack thereof, we are having another girl. Which means you most likely will be having another girl as well, just to let you know. :anxious:
Well there's always Henriett or Henrietta.