Estimated Waiting time on a wested??

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Estimated Waiting time on a wested??

Post by Luisiana Jones »

Ok after years and years of I buy it, got no money, I got the cash, no I dont anymore, Oh wait... no... Im ordering my first Wested Custom with all the specs that I think are useful from the list that agent 5 gave me back in 06 or 07 no idea anymore :S

BUT whats the waiting time nowadays?

Thanks a lot guys, and sorry for being AFK for such a long time in a galaxy... well yaknow,

Regards,

LJ
Greatdane
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Estimated Waiting time on a wested??

Post by Greatdane »

I had to wait exactly one month from the day I ordered it. I think I was lucky though, I think the average waiting time is a bit longer, perhaps 2 months...
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

It really seems to vary.
I got my first Wested, an LC/CS Novapelle in two weeks. Each jacket after that took a little longer though.
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

When I ordered mine, it took them 4 months. And while I'm not looking to start a war, I would never buy from them again. Those 4 months were a pain because their customer service was poor. So order, and expect a potentially long wait and plenty of patience. ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I don't know, whipdude. LJ is located in Spain, so the turn around time with him being on the Continent may be a lot shorter than a jacket crossing 'the big water'.

Regards! Michaelson
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

I doubt distance had anything to do with an order taking four months. Unless it was sent on the same raft that Tom Hanks made in 'Castaway'.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

3 weeks at the most from ordered date to hit my door. I live in Norway.
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Michaelson wrote:I don't know, whipdude. LJ is located in Spain, so the turn around time with him being on the Continent may be a lot shorter than a jacket crossing 'the big water'.
True that it will deliver faster, but they were just slow on making my jacket. The jacket only took 4 days to arrive to Illinois (fast!) It took them a really long time until they started making my jacket. But I will say that if you get a custom jacket with one of their tougher leathers, you should be rather pleased. I got a Raiders Horsehide that turned out to be just like Holts (and have yet to post photos) and I'm very pleased.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

okay, then lets see the pictures. :D I really want to see if it is just like Holts becausu most of my specs are private so they dont use them.....so I am eager to see... :D
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

I took my jacket and did comparison shots next to yours and everything appears spot on. I did originally request Holt specs on the form so...unless I was just seeing things. I can PM you some links of photos. I'd be curious to see what you think. Don't want to derail the thread. :)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

pm me. ;)
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

Hey guys thx a lot for the ton of replies (nice to see ur still around knowing things Michaelson :P ) . I conclude then that I should expect around a month of wait for it, but thats ok.

Again thx a lot guys, regards from Spain,

LJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:lol: :M: :tup:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Maybe give Peter a call to find out. It IS summer plus Halloween hasn't crossed most peoples' minds yet, so you never know....
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

Kt Templar wrote:Maybe give Peter a call to find out. It IS summer plus Halloween hasn't crossed most peoples' minds yet, so you never know....
That would be a good idea I guess, Ill give it a go in a couple of days, thx m8.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Kt Templar wrote:Maybe give Peter a call to find out. It IS summer plus Halloween hasn't crossed most peoples' minds yet, so you never know....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Haven't you guys been paying any attention to the Lao Che section? :-s The Hallmark Christmas ornament is already out, and photos posted for NEXT years Christmas ornament, so we're skipping Halloween this year. :-k :[

Regards! Michaelson
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Hey Luis, how you doin'? I got my second custom Wested a few months ago and it took about two months. What are the exact specs you were thinking about?
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

well tbh I used to had some specs from agent 5 in my messages but I think due to some space problems in the server they deleted some mails :? (not sure though) and now Im all mixed up since I saw Holts LC Jacket, dunno no more if i want the ROLA or LC... Goooooooood... but Im doing fine thx m8, what about ya?(this can go further with pms would love to hear from ya)

regards from Spain,

LJ
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Not long ago we got a new server, so that may be the reason why your messages may be gone.

The agent5 specs are really good and most poeple do use his specs for making jackets. I recommend using Jasons standard ''agent5'' specs. I used some of his specs as a base for my ''Holt'' raiders specs. The agent5 specs is easy to find again..

Like I said in the pm. I have my LC specs somewere written down on a piece of paper, but I dont remember were that piece of paper is?.. might be at work.. might be at home.. I dunno....

I recommend searching alittle. take a few hours in front of the computer, get a snack and a good beverage and look around...its fun ;)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

What's that Holt? I thought you had all your LC specs locked away in a vault :lol:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

why do you think that? ;)