Chris Camp on America's Got Talent

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

BullWhipBorton

Chris Camp on America's Got Talent

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Long time Club Obi-Wan member and whip artist Chris Camp aka The Whip Guy was featured tonight on America's Got Talent .

Chris & his lovely wife put on a very entertaining whip show which recived a really great ovation from both the crowd and all three judges, earning him a spot on the next round in Las Vegas! Congratulations Chris!

This isn’t the first time he's has been on national TV though, appering with the Jay Leno Tonight Show a couple years back.

Hopefully the full episode should be online soon at
http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent
Ranger36
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Chris Camp on America's Got Talent

Post by Ranger36 »

Awesome! I don't watch that show but that is very cool news. :clap: :clap:
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/ ... id=1135841

His part starts right at 34:08. Just a hair before the last " white notch" on the video time line. Otherwise you have to wait a while and see continual commercials.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

:lol: I knew this would get posted! It's funny because my dad was watching it and called me in to show me the "guy with the whip," and when I saw him I said, "Is that Chris Camp???" and then the words popped up: "Christopher Camp" :lol: :whip: Then I said, "Well, this'll be on COW!"

Bravo, Chris!! Crack on!

Shane
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

Very cool... I'm not a whip guy, but that has inspired me to give it a shot.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

That's so awesome that they made it to Vegas! Too bad the outfits alone will probably turn America off!
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

I like the outfits myself. In that clip, Chris and Laura make one of the cutest whip cracking duos I've ever seen. I had heard that Chris was doing something with AGT, but I sort of assumed he'd do something solo. I think the two of them together makes for a much stronger act.

Now I think we wait and see if they're going to let Chris do fire whips!

-Adam
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

winrichwhips wrote:I like the outfits myself. In that clip, Chris and Laura make one of the cutest whip cracking duos I've ever seen. I had heard that Chris was doing something with AGT, but I sort of assumed he'd do something solo. I think the two of them together makes for a much stronger act.

Now I think we wait and see if they're going to let Chris do fire whips!

-Adam
Oh I like the outfits too, but I know that when it comes to public voting, most people are steered against anything country from a very young age.
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Canasta »

DAN, Thanks for posting that.
I didn't even know for sure that we were going to be on last night ... or at all for that matter.
I've been under strict guidelines as to what can be said about our experience thus far. Fines for disclosure start a $50,000 and go up from there so understand me keeping this close to the vest for now. When all is said and done I will give you an insight to the show and the experience (which I can say has been a lot of fun for us).
The clip is pretty short and looks good. We did a 90 second routine with lots packed into it. I will post the audition video that we sent to the producers which is exactly what we did on the show sometime soon. That way you can see the whole thing.
The thing that is missing too is the conversations prior and aft the performance. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes of chatting. Lots of comments at the end that you may find entertaining when the time comes.

Shane and all. Thanks for the kudos.

Imahomer. It was someone else that inspired me to give it a shot an now look. I'm completely unemployable and I've never been happier. You should try it out. OR just give yourself over to what you love and you'll never know where it can lead you.

Maboot. It's gonna be fun if we get to change the costumes up a bit. We do lot's of different themes and if we advance far enough, contestants get lots of stage production and I'm and idea man.

Adam.
thanks. That really was nice to say. And I agree. I love working with her. She is really coming into her own and beginning to really feel at home with the ad libs. She makes everything I do stronger. She's my secret weapon. I get a joy out of having her with me on these gigs. It's fun seeing her on t.v. too.
I really felt bad when you asked me about the show and I told you not much happened. We had signed a big stack of papers by that time. My parents didn't even know much.
Let's make plans for August. The fair is the 13 - 23rd.
We'll get together right?

Here is a link (and I'll paste a portion of the article too) to an interview with Nick Cannon from TV Guide Magazine.
Note that we have heard that there were between 35 an 70 thousand auditions between all the cities. (I'm not sure what the solid number is for sure although I'm checking)

LINK:
http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/americas ... -1479.html

EXERPT:

TVG What’s been the weirdest thing you’ve seen that was called “talent”?
N.C. There was this man in Chicago who was whipping his wife with a bullwhip. It’s strange when you hear “man whips wife.” But then when you see it, and he’s wrapping the whip around her…it was really cool.

Out of all the acts that he has seen, that he called us out ... That was really cool.

Thanks for watching.

C
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

WOW! Congrats, man!
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

Finally watched my DVRed copy last night. Very nice...albeit too short. I definitely would like to see the whole thing minus the editing.
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Canasta »

Does anyone know how to get this from the TV and make a high quality Quicktime Movie or .mov?
I would really like to get a copy of this for the old promo reel but all I could get so far was a low res copy from a Tivo'd recording.
Any advice would be great. I'm a mac boy by the way. But I'm a lot better with whips than technology.

C
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

I don't spend a lot of time in this section of the site, so here's a funny bit of coincidence -
Check out my first post on this thread:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41158
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Does anyone know when Chris will be on AGT again? I want to make sure that I don't miss it.

-Adam
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

He was this week. He didn't make it through.
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana County Jr. »

WhipDude wrote:He was this week. He didn't make it through.

That proves that the judges have no idea what "talent" is... Awesome as always Chris!

Crack On! :whip:
Allen
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Problem with the show is that you either have to have major shock value ie. super ugly but good at singing or you have to be extremely fast paced. Chris's show is awesome due to the interaction with the audience and how he puts people on the edge of their seat by drawing out the wait before doing a dangerous trick. Neither of those seem to work well on such a TV show. Besides, Chris doesn't need them to go big. He already has. ;)