I did it!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: I did it!

Post by gwyddion »

Wait times may vary jnicktem: there was this movie released between his ordering and when you ordered that had something to do with brown hats ;) But for safety, stick to expecting a year long wait time.

Regards, Geert
moviematt1989
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by moviematt1989 »

afrayedknot wrote:I received an update from Marc on my AB Deluxe:

I just finished pouncing your hat five minutes ago. We've been working hard to improve our pouncing technique furthermore over the last months. THIS one turned out PERFECT!!! It is so smooth, you'll almost need an magnifying glass to see it's actually felt!!! You can be happy that it's not my size LOL

I cannot wait until it arrives!!! I'm actually a bit nervous, though! I'm afraid that my expectations might be too high, or that I measured my head wrong, or it won't look good on my misshapen head . . . Has anyone else experienced these feelings?
Guy, calm down man. you'll drive yourself nuts over this thing, do yourself a favor and make yourself hate the hat now, so when you get it, your happily surprised. If i were you I'd probably try and stay away from all things indy for a long time.
moviematt1989
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by moviematt1989 »

moviematt1989 wrote:
afrayedknot wrote:I received an update from Marc on my AB Deluxe:

I just finished pouncing your hat five minutes ago. We've been working hard to improve our pouncing technique furthermore over the last months. THIS one turned out PERFECT!!! It is so smooth, you'll almost need an magnifying glass to see it's actually felt!!! You can be happy that it's not my size LOL

I cannot wait until it arrives!!! I'm actually a bit nervous, though! I'm afraid that my expectations might be too high, or that I measured my head wrong, or it won't look good on my misshapen head . . . Has anyone else experienced these feelings?
Guy, calm down man. you'll drive yourself nuts over this thing, do yourself a favor and make yourself hate the hat now, so when you get it, your happily surprised. If i were you I'd probably try and stay away from all things indy for a long time.
I just read that and it sounded harsh, I mean all best intentions. It's what I'd do if I were you
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I don't know how Marc ships his hats, so it may take longer, but I need to ask. Have you received it yet?

Dave
afrayedknot
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by afrayedknot »

Moviematt1989,

I didn't take it the wrong way. I knew what you meant.

Here's the latest email I received from Marc:

your hat is ready, creased and packed :-) The Flying V on yours is one of the best I ever made and as I told you, the pouncing came out really, really nice as well, so I hope you'll love the hat when you get it.

Can't wait!!!
afrayedknot
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by afrayedknot »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just received my AB Deluxe in the mail. And in the immortal words of Belloq, . . . "It's beautiful!!!"

I will post pics as soon as I can!!!
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Congrats! Don't delay on the pics. We all know that ;0 .

Dave