Camptown conundrum: I could really use some help

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Camptown conundrum: I could really use some help

Post by Hollowpond »

I like it! I have considered a hat of this ilk ever since someone (I think kokopelli) posted a pic of an AB with a butchered brim. Not Jones but smooth nonetheless! :clap:

Travis
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

What exactly is the conundrum?
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Venkman »

The conundrum was well documented in the first post, Bink. You are witnessing the solution to the conundrum here. The hat that I had ordered from Camptown was the wrong size from the get go, even thought Ken had insisted he changed the size. I was un-convinced because of a few statements he made, however every time I asked I got the same un-answer every time. Communication with him was horrible and it was really a major stress and frustration to me at the time. He just wasn't listening. Sooooo, when it came time to deal with the hat once it was in my hands I thought it would be easier for me to deal with getting it to fit on my own with out dealing with Ken. He just simply was not in a position to make me happy and I knew it. That was the conundrum.

Enter BendingOak. . Due to a few factors, including a hack job brim trim by yours truly, there was no way to salvage an Indiana Jones hat from this mess so we went with a Rorschach style. And it turned out beautifully. I am happy, but still want a Raiders hat. One thing is for sure, Oak proved I knew what I was talking about as far as my head measurements were and Ken just wasn't listening.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Sorry, when I opened the thread, I hit page two without realizing there was a page one! All I saw was the post at the top of the page! :oops: :[ Carry on. ;)
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

LOL, no worries. :lol:
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Indiana Venkman wrote:Well, I got my Camptown back from BendingOak. I am one happy customer. Perfect fit. Sure it's no longer an Indy hat, but it is one I can at least wear, and with pride. Seeing this hat on my head has made me even more hungry for one of his Beaver Raiders lids. Oak is a man who knows his stuff. Thank you, sir, for helping me out.

With out further adieu I proudly present the "Penman/Camptown - Rorschach/Legend"

Better pictures to come.
Venk, I'd have to say that the shape of that hat really fit your proportions very well. Can't wait to see to follow-up pictures. Have you seen the shots of my reblocked Metropolitan? It is now dubbed the Fellow Traveler. I knew John was the best man to do the right job.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40606

Cheers!

Dan
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Awesome end to a "difficult" situation.

Venkman, you are just going to have to become a "hat man" with that beautiful lid in your possession. With your camera in hand you just need a "Press" card tucked into the ribbon.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

John really saved that hat. It looks great and suits you, which is most important. Congrats, Venkman.

Dave
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

i always liked rorshach's hat....it's unique.
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. What can I say, John is magic. He most certainly saved this hat. I have been wearing it pretty much non stop for the last few days.

I have noticed lately that there are many many more fedoras showing up out on the streets, however they all seem to be the same (roughly in shape, not necessarily colour) styles of stingy brim feds. You know the summer-y ones or the Dean Martin type lids.

This puppy stands out, the tall front is opposite what I see on the other hats and I get lots of head turns. Yes, it is unique and I love it for that. May just make a hat man of me yet!