AB order

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

AB order

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

I have a simple question. Anyone get their AB from Steve who ordered theirs after Sept 16, 2007?

I just want to check mine hasn't got lost in the order pile somewhere, and I'd rather not bother Steve and take time away from his hat-making.

The last time I looked at the list before it was removed and the thread was locked, he was into the Sept 2007 orders, and that was a couple months ago.

Mods, not trying to create another list thread. Really.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: AB order

Post by DR Ulloa »

Kyrptonian1 was the last guy to receive an AB which was about a month ago. Maybe he can tell you when he ordered to give you a ballpark as to when you should be expecting yours.

Dave
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I'm curious about this as well, since mine is a December 2007 order. As I recall, the usual turnaround is roughly a year and a half, so those of us with late 2007 orders are nearly due. But I hate to pester the man with yet another 'When will my hat be finished?' inquiry in the hundreds of e-mails that me must incessantly put up with. Artists need time to create their masterpieces, and I don't wish to interrupt Steve.
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

I'm a month before that and still nothing. I offered to moderate the list, but to no avail. I was just going to post a thread with names and dates only...any comments would be deleted. So...I think I'd still just wait. As soon as I get mine, I will definitely let everyone know.
And should anyone wish to contact Steve, I wouldn't mention a "list" or "I was told the wait was going to be ____ months". From what I know, nobody after August 2007 has received anything, so if you're after that, I wouldn't bother.
thatguyno1
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by thatguyno1 »

I ordered my hat from Steve in the last part of July 2007. I received an email from him on Friday that he was putting my hat in the mail on Saturday. I should get it by Tuesday this week.

Paul
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

thatguyno1 wrote:I ordered my hat from Steve in the last part of July 2007. I received an email from him on Friday that he was putting my hat in the mail on Saturday. I should get it by Tuesday this week.

Paul
I think this PM say's it all.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

We can't look at one hat and assume that it is indicative of the general turn around time, but if we do, then the we are currently looking at a one year and seven month wait time. I'd suggest that if you ordered after July or August then stop worrying about whether or not Steve has gotten to or forgotten about your order. He'll get to it when he gets to it. If you ordered after September of '07 then you knew we were going to wait a while. I ordered an AB in March of '08 and knew it was going to be close to a year before I saw it. Just be patient, gentlemen.

Dave
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Ok, I'll be clear here. The point I was trying to make is he sent a e-mail when the hat was ready to ship. Another good point is what david stated. We all have an idea of his turn around time. To save Steve some time I would contact him until all that time has passed. That will cut down on some of his e-mails.
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

DR Ulloa wrote:We can't look at one hat and assume that it is indicative of the general turn around time, but if we do, then the we are currently looking at a one year and seven month wait time. I'd suggest that if you ordered after July or August then stop worrying about whether or not Steve has gotten to or forgotten about your order. He'll get to it when he gets to it. If you ordered after September of '07 then you knew we were going to wait a while. I ordered an AB in March of '08 and knew it was going to be close to a year before I saw it. Just be patient, gentlemen.

Dave
I ordered mine before the KOTCS news broke.

Anyway, if anyone can answer my original question, just PM me. My recollection was he was well into the July/August hats a month or so ago. I assume the flood of orders was in late September onwards.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Even if you ordered your hat before the new broke for Indy 4, the time frame could change. 2 things changed it. 1, the movie hats bumped everyone. 2, the new incoming orders takes time to deal with. Slows down his hat working time. He also had a big wait time even before the movie news broke.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Another factor that must have changed things is the fact his prices went up. I ordered my hat in Oct '08 at the higher price so who knows when I might get it. I'm sure the amount of orders have dropped off because of that.
What month did the AB hat go to the higher prices by the way?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I believe the prices when up May 22nd, the day CS came out.

Regard! Michaelson
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Mr. Michaelson would be correct there. Steve's prices did rise to their current levels on May 22. :M:
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38235

Additional proof that only July orders have been going out...just continue to be patient.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

lantzn wrote:Another factor that must have changed things is the fact his prices went up. I ordered my hat in Oct '08 at the higher price so who knows when I might get it. I'm sure the amount of orders have dropped off because of that.
What month did the AB hat go to the higher prices by the way?

You would think his price increase slowed things down but I don't think it change all that much.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Well I don't think it helped that the price increase was only applied to new customers - us members of COW who already have one can still get one for close to the old price. -M
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Indiana wrote:Mr. Michaelson would be correct there. Steve's prices did rise to their current levels on May 22. :M:
cha ching.. cha ching.. cha ching..

:-

Randy
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

Even with the higher pricing, Adventurebilt is so much more well known now....Gosh, I can't wait for mine! [-o<
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Keep in mind the biggest reasons his prices went up is so he wouldn't get twice as flooded with hat orders!
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

It may have caused some folks to take pause at first, but once you catch the bug.......
It didn't stop me, anyway!
I still have the bug! I need a 'gear' antidote.
I know: more gear.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Mulceber wrote:Well I don't think it helped that the price increase was only applied to new customers - us members of COW who already have one can still get one for close to the old price. -M
I spoke to Steve a few months ago about this and he confirmed that. He told me that the price for those of us on COW who bought a hat prior to the release of CS can have his hats at a discounted price. I don't want to say what that was just in case that price ahs changed. Contacting Steve directly would be a good idea.

Dave