Not quite the Indy jacket but...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

SonofJoker
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Not quite the Indy jacket but...

Post by SonofJoker »

Hey all, just wanted to post a picture of my jacket. It's not an actual Indy jacket, but it's the cheapest I could get at the time. I did find some leather that matches it pretty well and a friend of mine is going to sew pockets to the front of it like Indy's jacket though. So that's cool. But I dirtied it up today to get it ready for a comic convention this weekend.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... 0_1351.jpg

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... 0_1352.jpg

-Jesse
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Not quite the Indy jacket but...

Post by St. Dumas »

That's a pretty good facsimile. It reminds me of Rick O'Connell's "Mummy Returns" jacket. The vast, vast majority of people wouldn't notice a difference with the front pockets at all.

It wasn't long ago (pre-internet days) that most people couldn't get an Indy jacket, period. I bet many members here still have their pre-internet close-enough Indy jacket. Might make for an interesting thread in itself.

SD
Last edited by St. Dumas on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misfit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by misfit »

that is a super cool jacket :whip:
basilbakerst
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by basilbakerst »

SonofJoker

That's actually pretty cool that you found a jacket that is Indy-esque. We all try so hard to get an SA jacket, fedora, etc., but something that is slightly different gives gear its own character. Not that I am against going for an SA look mind you. I have a Todd's custom and a Fed IV deluxe that I tried modeling after the bash in RotLA. It's just neat to add a bit of variety a la the Clint Eastwood hat thread in the Fedora board. Cheers.

basilbakerst