Even Sphinxes Like AB's

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Even Sphinxes Like AB's

Post by Indiana »

Thought I would share a picture of my AB on a Sphinx at Karnak while I was in Egypt in June 2008. I received the AB in late May 08.

Are you salivating yet? ;)
viper80134
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Even Sphinxes Like AB's

Post by viper80134 »

Wow thats cool can't wait till i have my ABDeluxe, I've all ways wanted to go and see Egypt with my AB. So you went recently how was it over there? Did you have to stay with a certin group, isn't it dangerus over there right now? Any deails about your tip would be great to hear about, was wonting to do a honey moon there but was unsure of the area right now.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Even Sphinxes Like AB's

Post by Indiana »

Hi! I was there in June 2008 and it was a fantastic trip. The people are incredibly friendly. While many of them do not agree with American politics or religion, they are more than friendly to the tourists as they know they are there simply to visit their country and not to talk politics, etc. I was in a private tour group with my family. I did not feel in danger at all (well, except maybe the one time I wandered away and got lost down a back alley in Cairo... talk about an experience, but even then I didn't feel as if I was in that much danger). I spent about 3 weeks over there and went to nearly all parts of the country. There was an explosion in Cairo yesterday (I was in the same place it happened), but that was the first attack in Cairo in a few years. We did have an armed guard with us for parts of the trip when we were driving through LONNNNNNG stretches of open desert, but even then I didn't feel like I was in danger.

If you have any questions about visiting Egypt, shoot me a PM and I can help you out.