TN Brown Mutt Jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

sukebe
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

TN Brown Mutt Jacket?

Post by sukebe »

I am thinking about getting a brown leather Mutt jaket. here is a mock up of what I think it may look like.

I like the way it looks. The brown leather takes away the biker look (for me)

I would like to know what you all think.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Honestly, I think it looks like a brown biker jacket. :lol: Either way, I think it could be potentially cool in brown. It might have a bit of a barnstormer feel in something other than black.
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

I tend to prefer brown leather jackets over black but this type of jacket really should be black.

HOWEVER, I would LOVE to see a Mutt jacket made from the same distress cow leather that Indiana G's Indy I was made. It would look very barnstormer/Howard Hughes!
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

you know......i had that exact idea in my head.....after i jokingly told orb to get his mutt jacket made out of shrunken lamb.

i hope you get one.......i think it would look awesome. i wish i could pull that look off.....i could of 10 years ago. now i'd just look too much like a street thug.......which is what i was 10 years ago :lol:
2-1B
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by 2-1B »

I think the variety in color is great.

I have biker jacketsin both black and brown. The brown ones are the ones that always get the compliments for me oddly enough. I think they're just good eye catchers and out of the norm.

Black bikers are a bit too much of the norm for me...
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

Brown goat with brass hardware and no zipper pulls, no name on the front. That is what you need.
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

I think those zipper tassles lend themselves quite nicely to an Easy Rider look in brown.

But what I want to know is - who´s for red?
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

No problem. Cost $125.
Last edited by PETER on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Sukebe, You mean one of these?

I had Tony make this for me way back last August with some 'special materials', more specifically, a leather that Tony showed off to me and a friend while we were at his studio. My friend was really taken with the leather, and so naturally I *had* to have one made. For understandable reasons, it took close to four months before I had the finished product in my hands, and boy is it worth the wait, and then some!

It really has become an invaluable jacket for me for personal reasons, and has become something of a travel jacket for me. And I don't think ANY jacket, Indy or otherwise, has gotten me quite so many compliments!

P.s. those ARE Tony's 'Indy' canvas bags, or should I say pillows? And yes, the jacket *does* have a name stitched on it, but in that photo the lapel is just pulled over it.
orb
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Austria (He doesn't know any of those guys. - Tony Nowak)

Post by orb »

Waaah Castor! Any other secrets you keep hiding from us? :lol:
Love that dark brown tone of the leather!
Is there your name or nick stitched on the left side?

Regards

orb
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

Castor Dioscuri wrote:Sukebe, You mean one of these?

I had Tony make this for me way back last August with some 'special materials', more specifically, a leather that Tony showed off to me and a friend while we were at his studio. My friend was really taken with the leather, and so naturally I *had* to have one made. For understandable reasons, it took close to four months before I had the finished product in my hands, and boy is it worth the wait, and then some!

It really has become an invaluable jacket for me for personal reasons, and has become something of a travel jacket for me. And I don't think ANY jacket, Indy or otherwise, has gotten me quite so many compliments!
Castor, that is a BEAUTIFUL jacket! I can only imagine how much better it looks in person.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Castor, you had "bink" stitched in it, didn't you? You shouldn't have! I'll expect it in the mail next week. ;-)
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

Castor, do you have photos of you wearing that beauty ??
I really like the hide!!
I wouldn't mind if I find it in my mail too....

:)
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

beautiful jacket castor!...so is it the CS cowhide and the exact Mutt pattern or did you tweak the design some more?

it looks great buddy!

....can i have it? :P
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I'm not a huge fan of biker jackets (basically because I don't think I can pull it off) but that is truly a thing of beauty. That leather is simply beautiful!
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

It's a jacket style I've always liked, but not for me. Your's Castor really looks fantastic. Is the hide as thick as it appears in the photo?
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

The jacket's style really isn't for me either but I can appreciate a beautifully made jacket.

It's pretty much what I was thinking in my first post but with a lighter colored distressed leather. The darker color is great.

Now I wonder what an Indy I looks like in that darker distressed leather. :lol:
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

I really like the plaid lining... excellent alternative to all red and very vintage feel. Excellent! :notworthy:
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Browncoat wrote:The jacket's style really isn't for me either but I can appreciate a beautifully made jacket.

It's pretty much what I was thinking in my first post but with a lighter colored distressed leather. The darker color is great.

Now I wonder what an Indy I looks like in that darker distressed leather. :lol:
Take a look at Indy G's in the "no dino hide thread"..........looks VERY good.......
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

Well if you look at my post above I mentioned that I would like to see the Mutt jacket made in Indiana G's Indy I leather aka the "no dino hide" before Castor posted a pic of his jacket.

Now I would like to see an Indy I jacket made from Castor's Mutt jacket leather. :lol:

I think it just might be the excellent balance of dark color and distressing that the Indy I should be without the excessive graining of the shrucken lamb.