Just Ordered 2 ToD's!!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Just Ordered 2 ToD's!!

Post by Tyrloch »

Well, being that these supposedly have a slimmer fit, I couldn't decide if I should order my regular size (40R), or one size up (42R) -- so I ordered both. I don't plan on keeping both, just the one that fits better. So someone here will be able to pick up a brand new jacket for a few dollars less than ordering it from the UK. The only requests I asked for were a little more room in the upper arms, and since the shortages on Auth. & washed goat, I aksed for dark brown goatskin. Gemma confirmed my order & said she'd let me know if there were any problems with my requests, so we'll see what happens...

~Jace
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

That's probably the best approach. Maybe you'll like them both
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

I hope not!! I only bought 2 to be able to pick the best fit & sell the other one...I can't affored to keep both...
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

Excuse me for the little OT: I read in this days many COW members order jackets and having reply from Wested.
I have sent three mails to Wested to ask some clarifications about a custom jacket with Holt's specs, pants and some other stuff I want to buy and...no one single word of reply was wrote to me! :(
By now my first mail was about six days ago...do you know if they have e-mail problems? I've send my mails to wested@wested.com: it's that right?
Without their answer to my question I can't proceed with my order... :(
Thanks and excuse me again for the OT...
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I'd make sure that their reply didn't get caught in my spam filter. Others have had this problem, myself included. If not, I'd try gemma@wested.com which is what I use and have always gotten a reply. If all else fails (and it has for other members here as well), go ahead and call.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

Thank you very much! ;)
I hope that mail work or I'm in trouble: my spoken english is even worse than my write english...and, with this, I say all... :P
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Yeah, try to email them again. I got an answer to all my email questions except one, which I had sent to them on a Sunday night. My reply probably got forgotten in the pile of Monday morning emails Gemma had to read...

~Jace
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

Yeah, it's a pretty slim fit. If you want it to fit like the film order your normal size. If you plan on wearing a sweater or hoodie, etc. I would size up.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

r.deckard wrote:Yeah, it's a pretty slim fit. If you want it to fit like the film order your normal size. If you plan on wearing a sweater or hoodie, etc. I would size up.
Do you have yours now?
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

The sizing problem is the reason I don't own a Wested. I want one, but I don't want to go through the hassles other have apparently had.
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

Do you have yours now?
Yes, I do. Came in the mail about four days ago.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Are you going to post a few pics? BTW, what size is it, and what are your body dimensions?

~Jace
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

Yeah, I'll try and get some up this week. I have a 42 chest and that is what I ordered. Fits great on me, just like the film. I have long arms so ordered 25 3/4" sleeves and they are just fine. Hope this helps.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

BazzanoJones wrote:Excuse me for the little OT: I read in this days many COW members order jackets and having reply from Wested.
I have sent three mails to Wested to ask some clarifications about a custom jacket with Holt's specs, pants and some other stuff I want to buy and...no one single word of reply was wrote to me! :(
By now my first mail was about six days ago...do you know if they have e-mail problems? I've send my mails to wested@wested.com: it's that right?
Well, I am with you on this one. 6 emails to wested@wested.com, two trying to contact them through their ebay auctions, two to gemma@wested.com....no response....well.... :roll:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

ReturningSon wrote:
BazzanoJones wrote:Excuse me for the little OT: I read in this days many COW members order jackets and having reply from Wested.
Well, I am with you on this one. 6 emails to wested@wested.com, two trying to contact them through their ebay auctions, two to gemma@wested.com....no response....well.... :roll:
Odd. I haven't had any problem getting a reply to my emails from Gemma. I did email Peter once though and did not get a reply.
BazzanoJones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by BazzanoJones »

RCSignals wrote:
ReturningSon wrote:
Odd. I haven't had any problem getting a reply to my emails from Gemma. I did email Peter once though and did not get a reply.
I don't understand if this problems was due to the busy Xmas time or Wested e-mail problems (problems they can temporary solve with a simple and free gmail account)...
I've also send a PM to Peter from this forum telling him of this problem.
Now I'll wait for an answer.