Show Your Indy MotB Cardigans!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

On colors, here is my color corrected (eyeball, no science here)version of the publicity photo:

original version for reference:
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Hey I was thinking about getting one of these too, I usually take a long but was considering getting this in regular length and just hand stretching the sleeves only so that I didn't have the problem of it hanging down below my jacket at the waist - So, would you guys that have the Landsend one say that it would stretch fairly well? Or perhaps there's not enough give?

Doug C
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Doug C wrote:Hey I was thinking about getting one of these too, I usually take a long but was considering getting this in regular length and just hand stretching the sleeves only so that I didn't have the problem of it hanging down below my jacket at the waist - So, would you guys that have the Landsend one say that it would stretch fairly well? Or perhaps there's not enough give?

Doug C
I think it will stretch BUT remember sometimes these things shrink when washed. So I don't know. Mine is also an XXL Tall so that may have an impact.
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

The Lands End cardigan is wool. Dry clean only.

TR
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

ANZAC_1915 wrote:
Any scarf tips?[/
quote]

Scarves are all over Feebay. Just search brown scarf.

TR
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

wow both look great.gongrats.
were can I find one of these?

Regards
Holt
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

I didn't realize until just now that the Landsend shawl collar cardigan is on sale for $49.95. That seemed to good to let get by - so I ordered one...spice brown.

Doug C
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Hey does anyone have any other screen caps from MoTB showing Ford wearing the gear, cardigan? There has to be more, right?

Doug C
Indiana Charles
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Charles »

The only one I know of is this one:

It appears to be different lighting and looks more like the colour corrected pic above.

I.C.
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Thanks Indiana Charles.. I do seem to remember a picture of Indy outside running in the snow :-k I think that was from MoTB, right?

Doug C
davyjones007
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by davyjones007 »

DougC, i think you are right. I remember Indy next to car and him holding on to the door or something.
Chevalier Krak
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chevalier Krak »

Anzac - Mine hangs down as well. Tuck the back into your belt, but let the front go. It will keep the sweater from hanging too low and nice and neat in front.
Incidently, mine was a little too large, so I took a risk and washed it in hot water and dried it in the dryer. I kept a constant check on it so it didn;t get to small. It fits much better now, and the knit is tighter making it more wind resistant. It also fits under my Wested now without bunching uncomfortably.
Mountaineer Lasher
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Finally back in the States, having taught North Korea a lesson with his bullwhip.

Post by Mountaineer Lasher »

dwardeden wrote:Anzac - Mine hangs down as well. Tuck the back into your belt, but let the front go. It will keep the sweater from hanging too low and nice and neat in front.
Incidently, mine was a little too large, so I took a risk and washed it in hot water and dried it in the dryer. I kept a constant check on it so it didn;t get to small. It fits much better now, and the knit is tighter making it more wind resistant. It also fits under my Wested now without bunching uncomfortably.
I'm gonna have to try this, dwardeden. Mine is pretty loose as well. I need to have one of my elbow pads fixed first, though. Some of the stitching has come off and the pad has about a 1.5" hole between the leather and wool where it's opened up. :x
Chevalier Krak
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chevalier Krak »

Ouch! Is there a hole in the wool, with the knitting staring to unravel, or just a separation between the elbow protector and the wool? The latter is much less dangerous.

Incidently, the wash and dry does not seem to have negatively affected either the buttons or the elbow protectars.
Mountaineer Lasher
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Finally back in the States, having taught North Korea a lesson with his bullwhip.

dwardeden wrote:Ouch! Is there a hole in the wool, with the knitting staring to unravel, or just a separation between the elbow protector and the wool? The latter is much less dangerous.

Incidently, the wash and dry does not seem to have negatively affected either the buttons or the elbow protectars.
Only the stitching that is holding the leather to the wool. There is no actual hole in the cardigan. Glad to hear the washing/drying didn't hurt anything.
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Spice brown seems to be not in stock again. GRRRR.

(edit) ok now they have them, in L only.

Lands End is a weird site, you should be able to order something and then have them ship it when it is ready. The fact stuff disappears and reappears is pretty weird.
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

ANZAC wrote :
Lands End is a weird site, you should be able to order something and then have them ship it when it is ready. The fact stuff disappears and reappears is pretty weird.
yea, the other day when I placed my order, I noticed the price was $49.95 for the cardigan, I cruised around the site a little and when I came back to order the sweater it was suddenly $59.95 - I thought "WTF?", so I logged off and back on...now it was $49.95 again. wierd!

Doug C
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Doug C wrote:ANZAC wrote :
yea, the other day when I placed my order, I noticed the price was $49.95 for the cardigan, I cruised around the site a little and when I came back to order the sweater it was suddenly $59.95 - I thought "WTF?", so I logged off and back on...now it was $49.95 again. wierd!

Doug C
That may have been if you chose the Tall, briefly, it is $10 more.
Chevalier Krak
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chevalier Krak »

That's it. They seem to be out of anything but L and XL now, and they're totally out of spice brown. COW must've cleaned them out!
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

ANZAC wrote :
Well I received the Large one I ordered and the funny thing is that it actually fits like a tall, but it's not apparently (going by my recollection and the invoice). Just so you guys know, the Large size has a tag that reads "L,42-44" and while I take a L in most shirts I'd go down one size if I was to order this cardigan again (for use under an Indy jacket). I believe a Medium would have fit under my Indy jacket better. Now this thing is nice enough to wear on it's own, very nicely cut and of great quality too. I may end up buying another if they ever get mediums in stock.

Doug C
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

For people in the UK, I noticed that Reiss have some Indy-style cardigans at the moment, and they're having a sale.
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Post by Indiana Bond »

Finally got it together to take a photo with the Cardigan. This one I got off ebay but it's a little small. I have a Land's End coming in the green color as they don't have the brown any more. Will post another photo when I get that one.

:P

IB

ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

nice!

Anyone REALLY desperate for spice brown donegal, look here (Lands End UK site, GBP 65!!!!!, only M and L sizes)

http://www1.landsend.co.uk/cgi-bin/ncom ... level=prod
Mountaineer Lasher
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Mountaineer Lasher wrote:
Chevalier Krak (formally dwardeden) wrote:Anzac - Mine hangs down as well. Tuck the back into your belt, but let the front go. It will keep the sweater from hanging too low and nice and neat in front.
I'm gonna have to try this, dwardeden. Mine is pretty loose as well. I need to have one of my elbow pads fixed first, though. Some of the stitching has come off and the pad has about a 1.5" hole between the leather and wool where it's opened up. :x
Well, finally got the elbow pad fixed today and came straight back to put it in the washer. Warm water, hand-wash setting, quick-wash setting for time. I think I'll dry it on low heat. Hope it doesn't get ruined! :shock:
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Post by Indiana Bond »

Now this looks classic!

IB

Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Dang, wished I gotten one when they were 50.00 here in the states. If I'm doing it right it would cost $142.54 to have it shipped. Oh well, I'll keep an eye them over there and see if the price goes down.

I like all the ones that people have shown here on this thread, makes me really want one.

Croft
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Indiana Croft wrote:
I like all the ones that people have shown here on this thread, makes me really want one.

Croft
All the ones that people have shown?! With over 75 posts, I have only seen three members post photos of themselves in their Cardigans!

Come on everyone let's see some pics! And don't forget your musical instrument!

IB
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Ya but I liked them. :lol:

Croft
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

The Lands End cardigan is on sale for $39.95 so if you want to pick one up now, the price is almost too good to pass up. I nearly swallowed my wallet for a $400 version over on Orivis.com. Sweater weather is nearly over in Phoenix, but I can put it away for next winter. Have the color options changed?

I'd like to get a scarf like Indy's. What material, color and length would be recommended? Are there any sources online if there are no knitters at home?

I'll post a photo once I get the cardigan and scarf, and I'll include one of my instruments. But it's not a woodwind.
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

Banana Republic also did a run of shawl-collared sweaters over the winter. I think they only came in cream and gray, though.
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

Here's my Land's End in Oxford Ivy Heather. Didn't have anyone to shoot my photo so this was the best I could do to show how the color works. I really like this Land's End. The color works for me and it fits perfect.

I would be interested in selling the brown Cardingan I show in my earlier post. It's a size small which is just a bit too tight for me. PM me if your interested.

IB

ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

I was speaking to a Lands End rep today and she claims that spice brown donnegal will NOT be back.

Booooooo!
Mountaineer Lasher
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

ANZAC_1915 wrote:I was speaking to a Lands End rep today and she claims that spice brown donnegal will NOT be back.

Booooooo!
WOW! :shock: I'm glad I got mine when I did, then, even if it is a little large. I'm gonna try to shrink it again before the weather turns cool this fall. The first run-through the washer/dryer didn't do much. :?
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Mountaineer Lasher wrote:
ANZAC_1915 wrote:I was speaking to a Lands End rep today and she claims that spice brown donnegal will NOT be back.

Booooooo!
WOW! :shock: I'm glad I got mine when I did, then, even if it is a little large. I'm gonna try to shrink it again before the weather turns cool this fall. The first run-through the washer/dryer didn't do much. :?
Yeah, I guess I should try that too. Who would have thought they'd run so big!

If you guys have been watching the YIJC Vol 3 thread, some nice screencaps there:

This one is good as a color reference because it is outside:
(note the knit is actually not as open as the Lands End wool cardigan:

(edit: pic missing)
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

The lighting isn't quite right in the pic, I tried to fix it but oh well, really should have used my SLR.

But anyway, no instrument (sue me):

sweater: Lands End
pants: Noel Howard
shirt: Todd's
tie: Noel Howard/Atkinsons
scarf: Harrods, wool
jacket: Wested authentic lamb Raiders (sorry no LC jacket...)
hat: Fed Dlx (bash looks funny in the pic, lighting is weird on it)
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

does ANYONE know where to get a SA MOTB sweater in the United States?

Nibs
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

I just received the same Land's End sweater that ANZAC posted for my birthday. I'll post up some pics in a few days, but it's basically the same and his "presentation" is nicer than mine will likely be. In any case, from all of the postings of all of the different cardigans, this still appears to be the most screen accurate to me as far as the size of the collar, color, and vertical "ribbing" is concerned. I live in Massachusetts and my parents in NY. Just because it's Land's End in the UK doesn't mean that you can't get it.

http://www1.landsend.co.uk/pp/StylePage ... _FULLPRICE

With the currency exchange and shipping, I think my mom said it was between $100-110. However, I think I saw the blue one in a Land's End store here, and it was $99, so it's not much of a difference. Now, it only comes in a large, so you big fellas might have to look elsewhere. I'm 6'2", 170 lbs and it fits perfectly.

Derek
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

The buttons are very SA too. Part of me thinks this is actually what they used, it isn't too far fetched.

You can also find it on the landsend.com site for $39.99, but Spice Brown Donnegal is still not available, only Deep Burgundy Heather. :(

http://www.landsend.com/pp/LambswoolSha ... gin=search
jedidentist
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jedidentist »

The buttons are just a little bit lighter and the knitting going down the front by the buttons is just a little bit narrower, but still the closest out there.
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

Found this yesterday

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... _810942_-1

Similar to the MOTB one and more brown than in the pic. I know as i jumped over to the store an picked one up.

But for £13.50 reduced form £45 you cant complain!

Scott
Russian Raider
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Russian Raider »

Heh, one more shop with no overseas shipping. :cry:
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

That ***** dude.

This seems to be a pretty standard style I've seen it in a few stores although not in brown, I'm sure you could find something in Russia.

Scott
Russian Raider
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Russian Raider »

Trust me i looked pretty much everywhere. Nothing similar in brown. Oh well, ill keep on searching. :whip:
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

tell me about it.

I kept finding that style in other colours but not brown. Found this one by accident ( was actually doing some christmas shopping).

have you seen this one?

viewtopic.php?t=35831

H&M may have a store in Russia? they do have an online shop.

Scott
GoldenHistorian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by GoldenHistorian »

Oh, Rover you have made my day!
Thanks!
Does it feel like wool?
Any logos?

P.S. Duffer also has great material for indy pants its a shame they cover
it with logos and stitching.
Last edited by GoldenHistorian on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Russian Raider
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Russian Raider »

rover smith wrote: H&M may have a store in Russia? they do have an online shop.
Yeah, i like that one the best. We will have H&M shop in may. Right now we have only dull site with information about company and all. I keep on searching Evilbay but with no results so far.

Found this one!
http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... &langId=-1
Looks just like H&M but in black only. Ok, i can live with that, since Topman has stores in Russia. This weekend will give it a try.
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyGeek78 »

Hey Rover great find. Have you got any pics of yours just to show how brown it is as this might be something I will invest in just to annoy my girlfriend I think ;-) and because I need this for my outfit :)
rover smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by rover smith »

Looks just like H&M but in black only. Ok, i can live with that, since Topman has stores in Russia. This weekend will give it a try.
Topman is one place i didnt look actually, Some of those other cardigans are pretty decent looking too.
Oh, Rover you have made my day!
Thanks!
Does it feel like wool?
Any logos?
Glad I could help ;-) Its 80% lambs wool so yeah, pretty wooly. Maybe not as heavy as that H&M one, but still cosy. No logos, just the usual labels on the inside.

Hey Rover great find. Have you got any pics of yours just to show how brown it is
Will get some pics up soon, I'm currently trying to shrink it, They only had medium and upwards. The medium did fit me fine but I like a bit of a snugger fit on my clothes. It is quite brown though, deffinatly more in line with the colour of the MOTB cardigan.

Scott
GoldenHistorian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by GoldenHistorian »

WOWW, lambswool?
On the site it said 100% cotton i am even happier!
IndyGeek78
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyGeek78 »

Darn it Debenhams are out of stock. :x