Wested TOD arrived!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

Tyrloch wrote:Yeah Tron, I find it hard to believe that Wested only sent out one single jacket...
I've always received my Wested orders ridiculously fast. There may be some kind of worm hole connecting the Wested shop and my door.

There has to be some payoff to living in Winnipeg.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Mine arrived today. It's the same detail wise to Tron's, except mine is Authentic Brown lamb.
The authentic Brown Lamb really does match the underside of the NH jacket flap in texture, grain, and colour.

The first thing i noticed was how small and light the package was. Weight on the label is marked as '2' It felt like if could be 2lbs, but probably 2 Kg.

This is a slim fit. I'd call it a military fit. Interestingly the measured dimensions are not that far off from my TNCS, but the fit feel is different. The ToD has much tighter upper sleeve diameter, and this gives it a feeling of almost too snug. Feels a bit like a shirt. With a larger diameter upper sleeve it would be very close fit to the TNCS. BTW, my CS is HF size spec, and feels a perfect size.

My ToD has 25.5 inch sleeves, other than that it looks exactly like Tron's, same collar and vent detail.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

congrats!

what kind a size did you get?

and pics of course..want to see how it looks like in auth.brown ;-)
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Tron7960 wrote:I'm really surprised that so far I'm the only one to post receiving one of these.
I ordered on 10/30 but am awaiting the washed goat, as I think many other are. I imagine once those start shipping, there'll be many more jackets being posted here. BTW, your jacket looks great, Tron!!! I really like that low yoke, even though I'm used to seeing it higher up. Now I'm really anxious to get mine. Peter really nailed this one!

Kind regards,
Craig
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Indiana Holt wrote:congrats!

what kind a size did you get?

and pics of course..want to see how it looks like in auth.brown ;-)
I asked for a 40 duplicate of the NH jacket. I think that's what I got with the exception of the collar stand end and vent detail. The upper arm sleeve size from what I've read may be peculiar to Wested though I'm not sure.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Tron,

As long as we're scrutinizing, what's your bicep circumference? You wrote that you can fit a hoodie under your jacket, and RC claims that his jacket fits like a leather shirt. Of course, you probably have different builds, but I'm curious if I should specify my upper arm circ., or go a size up...

~Jace
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Tyrloch wrote:Tron,

As long as we're scrutinizing, what's your bicep circumference? You wrote that you can fit a hoodie under your jacket, and RC claims that his jacket fits like a leather shirt. Of course, you probably have different builds, but I'm curious if I should specify my upper arm circ., or go a size up...

~Jace
I couldn't wear this jacket over a hoodie. Not if the hoodie had sleeves anyway.

If you are a 40 I'd order a 40 and ask for larger diameter upper sleeves.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

RC,

How large are you upper arms?
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Tyrloch wrote:RC,

I wouldn't say they are that large. Average I'd guess. The diameter of the ToD upper arm is about 15". It's slightly loose, like a shirt. The TNCS jacket upper arm is `18.5".
The ToD should be larger diameter from the shoulder to the elbow.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Ah, sounds like the 40R 80's fit which I had to sell, since I could barely wear it with a t-shirt underneath. I suppose I will have to specify my upper arm size. I'll just send the measurement from my OTR washed goatskin -- that fits great everywhere except the waist -- could be a bit snugger there...

~Jace
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

~Jace
Since I've got the tape measure out anyway. Arm is 14". It's the torso that is more fitted than my Wested RotLA special offer. Not tight but more form fitting. The pattern as copied from the NH won't work for everyone.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

RCSignals wrote:

~Jace
I couldn't wear this jacket over a hoodie. Not if the hoodie had sleeves anyway.

If you are a 40 I'd order a 40 and ask for larger diameter upper sleeves.
I'm wearing a hoodie (a double layer dickies hoodie which is quite thick) in this pic. You can see it sticking out the collar.

Causes the jacket to sit higher but not restricting.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Tron7960 wrote:

~Jace
Since I've got the tape measure out anyway. Arm is 14". It's the torso that is more fitted than my Wested RotLA special offer. Not tight but more form fitting. The pattern as copied from the NH won't work for everyone.
Is that your Bicep or the jacket sleeve diameter?
If it isn't the jacket sleeve diameter what is the measurement of the jacket sleeve at that point?
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Tron,

That's 14" relaxed? I'm about 14" relaxed & 15" or so flexed. Is the sleeve tight if you flex your arm?
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

Arm is 14" flexed, but a natural flex.

Don't plan on doing a lot of work-outs in this jacket, so not pumped up, just the natural flexion and extension of arm.

Jacket is 15-1/2 at this point, but of course is itself flexible as the leather has give. So no, not tight to my standards.

Also the nylon lining makes for a real smooth movement inside jacket.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

looks great!

Nibs
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Some detail photos

Flap back. The Newey snap is an almost identical fitting. most would never tell the subtle difference

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... dflap3.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... dflap2.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... dflap1.jpg

the original snap from the other thread

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... ysnap3.jpg

Zipper. This Zipper is huge but appears to be an exact match to the NH jacket zip

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... odzip1.jpg

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... odzip2.jpg

Original zipper from other thread

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... 988zip.jpg
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yeah...now lets see it on..
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Your pocket flaps look far more scalloped than Tron's, RC, and therefore more like the product pictured on the Wested site. I'd hoped they would all be the same, but maybe they are and it's just hard to tell from pics.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

yeah lets see some full pics!!! :)
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

The heat's off me now!

Ya, let's see it on.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

It's hard to tell from the pics. remember too Tron soaked his which might alter the perception too?

The flap of the NH from the other thread

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... eysnap.jpg

and this but you can't tell much

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/galle ... rd_04g.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/177/4388 ... 34c2_o.jpg

My flap might have more of a point too.

The original flap was traced apparently
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Interesting. Tron's pocket flaps lookl more like the NH jacket, RC's look more like the prototype flaps. Either look good, I'm not complaining, I just thought Wested would be extra careful with the cutting of these to keep them alll as similar as possible.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Peter found an excellent buckle. The only difference between it and the original on the NH is the word 'Solide', and no one will see that.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Kevin Anderson wrote:Interesting. Tron's pocket flaps lookl more like the NH jacket, RC's look more like the prototype flaps. Either look good, I'm not complaining, I just thought Wested would be extra careful with the cutting of these to keep them alll as similar as possible.
The pocket flap shape will probably differ slightly based on who sews it. as long as they are the same side to side I guess.
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

As far as I can tell, the authentic brown looks like the color I wanted for the ToD. I know many see it dark but I always thought it looked lighter than the Raiders on film.

I am a little worried about the slim biceps; Wested makes the only jackets I know with this issue. However, on my order I did ask for a looser cut at the shoulders and biceps area. I'll find out when I get mine.

Anticipation bites when continuous. :lol:

Congrats guys...I'm jealous!
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

I ordered a 42R, and hope to see it soon.. I'll post pics as soon as possible, and I'll try to make sure they're good ones, since I've been picking on other's pics! :)
I'm expecting a fairly slim-fitting jacket. I've got biggish arms though..hope it's not too tight.
It's so cool to see pics of the hardware too guys, thanks. Can't believe Peter was able to source such accurate zips and studs and buckles. And again, I love the chunky zipper!
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

There should not be any differences as there is only one set of patterns and the same machinists making them although skin type and size can throw it off a little.
The 38,48 & 50 patterns are now made but the washed goat has been lost by the airline and they are trying to trace it.
We have also now run out of standard goatskin which is on order.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Peter, what's the status on the 44's?
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

PETER wrote: We have also now run out of standard goatskin which is on order.
Oh no! I'm never going to get this jacket. :x

Save me some original hardware! :lol:
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

good thing I ordered Dark Brown lambskin!!! :lol:
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Good thing I checked this thread. I suppose I'll really be waiting now! I put mine in on Nov 27th for standard goat. However, it was a Raiders jacket.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Peter,

Is there a specific reason why you offer this jacket in authentic and washed goat, but not dark brown goatskin? That was my first choice, but will go with washed goat if there's no possibility of the dark brown...

And is it possible to request a slightly larger upper arm (shoulder to elbow) on the sleeves when ordering a ToD jacket?

~Jace
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I love this picture. It's how I picture the TOD jacket in fit and drape. If it fits almost as a leather shirt, I suppose that's not far off from the look and fit I want, so for me, Peter and staff did a fine job.

Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Tron,

Looking at that photo, I suppose that is how it should fit for it to be SA. Maybe I should just order a size up (42) if I want a little breathing room...

~Jace
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

Here's the fit over a t-shirt.

MACHONE
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by MACHONE »

PETER wrote: ... the washed goat has been lost by the airline and they are trying to trace it.
Thanks for the update Peter. Please hold back some of that original hardware for the early orders.
-Ben
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

PETER wrote:There should not be any differences as there is only one set of patterns and the same machinists making them although skin type and size can throw it off a little.
The 38,48 & 50 patterns are now made but the washed goat has been lost by the airline and they are trying to trace it.
We have also now run out of standard goatskin which is on order.
I think about the flaps the photos are just deceiving, and if there is any slight difference it's because Tron washed his jacket.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

RCSignals wrote:
Tyrloch wrote:RC,

I wouldn't say they are that large. Average I'd guess. The diameter of the ToD upper arm is about 15". .
The ToD should be larger diameter from the shoulder to the elbow.
That upper arm is exactly the cut of my custom size 40R Novapelle KotCS jacket. The upper sleeves are 7.5" across, a little tight. My Todd's standard Large is 8" across.
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

Tron's jacket is pretty much how I am hoping my ToD will fit.

My Todd's Standard (XXL) is also 8 inches across at the bicep and I can pretty much wear anything but the very thickest lined hoodies and feel no restrictions. Yet it is still pretty form fitting even with a t-shirt.

It's pretty cool that the Todd's does that and makes it the first jacket I tend to grab.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

great looking fit, Tron. Hopefully mine will fit like that

Nibs
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Another week has gone by since the arrival of the first TOD jacket, and we have seen a grand total of..two.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one getting a little impatient here.
An update or some information would be much appreciated, as the prospect of many of us receiving our jackets by Christmas seems less and less likely...
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Wasn't it said that 20 went out? There should be more showing up this week.
From tracking US Customs took 3 or 4 days to release mine. Busy time of year for packages.
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Well, if my jacket was sent at the same time as Tron's, it should have arrived by now. Delivery from the UK to Oz is fairly fast, as witnessed by the speedy travel time of my last three jackets. No lengthy customs hold ups either.
I'm trying to rationalize; perhaps only 20 or so size 40's went out?
It's just getting a little frustrating; I'll try to be patient for a bit longer.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

This jacket has been mentioned elsewhere, I found this when searching for more ToD jacket photos. so the 20 won't have all gone to people here

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=22834

I don't know if who posted that is a member here. That mentions "This jacket has a special sewn-in inscription in satin sheen which states “Harrison Ford- Indian Jones Film 2 which was written on the inside of the original jacket” " My jacket has no such inscription.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

RCSignals wrote:This jacket has been mentioned elsewhere, I found this when searching for more ToD jacket photos. so the 20 won't have all gone to people here

http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=22834

I don't know if who posted that is a member here. That mentions "This jacket has a special sewn-in inscription in satin sheen which states “Harrison Ford- Indian Jones Film 2 which was written on the inside of the original jacket” " My jacket has no such inscription.
That was a bit of wishful thinking by one of us here. It was never part of the spec of this repro. :)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I figured it was that or someone speaking out of turn.
I wasn't worried about it.
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

OK washed goat located at Heathrow.
Picking it up this morning and straigh to the cutting room.
Cheers
Peter
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

PETER wrote:OK washed goat located at Heathrow.
Picking it up this morning and straigh to the cutting room.
Cheers
Peter
YES!!! :twisted:
Size 38 if you please, sir! :whip:
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Good news for those waiting on washed goat.
What about the other hides Peter? I ordered a 42R in authentic brown lamb. Was I correct in assuming you may have only sent out size 40's thus far, since they were the first to have patterns made up?
How are the other sizes going?