New Forum

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

New Forum

Post by Shagbd »

a Buddy of mine is taking a computer class now, and they have to have a class project.....
we where discussing starting up a new forum......

He has no real desire to start one, so is basically letting me design it, and im fronting all the costs etc, so basically itll be "my" forum...... but I am wanting to start a forum, something simple, but just something that includes all the things that interest me; namely custom knives, swords, guns and whips.

Itll probably be a few weeks before it goes live, as we still have ALOT of leg work to do on it, but i was just wondering what folks would like to see in a forum like that?

I know some forums dont like people talking about OTHER forums on THEIR forum, but since this really doesnt exist yet, i hope, the mods dont mind........ in fact, I invite everyone INCLUDING the mods to come over!

bullwhipborton, and any of your other mods...... consider yourself qualified for any mod positions we create..... the offer stands :-)

Often times, i see forums get defensive about talking about other forums, thinking it will take traffic away from their site........ personally, i dont see it that way....... i mean........ here I am on Indygear...... in a second ill go to RPF, then Swordforum, then USN.... then Candlepowerforum..... then....

see what i mean? Most "forum surfers" have a multitude of forums they frequent..... im not trying to take anything away from any other forum.... just offer another place to come chat......

Id love to hear any input from you guys!
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hi,

there is one problem with forum about everything. In time it's going to be so big, that it should be chopp on couple autonomus forums.

For ex. We gotted one forum knives.pl. It was about knives, ancient knives and swords, torches, whips(a bit), any other hand weapon, tactic gear. And not so long ago knives.pl was choppes on 4 forums. Knives.pl has more information about knives. New, torch.pl is about torchs ;) tactical.pl is about tactical gear, survival and so on. And of course whips.pl about whips.

I think it will happen with every forum witch going to be "about everything". And you will still surf at many forums.

Regards,
Karol
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

I'm always up for another forum :o

I'll put it in a folder and check it daily like I do this one and all the many others I belong to 8)

Tony 8)
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

Kiscien wrote:Hi,

there is one problem with forum about everything. In time it's going to be so big, that it should be chopp on couple autonomus forums.

For ex. We gotted one forum knives.pl. It was about knives, ancient knives and swords, torches, whips(a bit), any other hand weapon, tactic gear. And not so long ago knives.pl was choppes on 4 forums. Knives.pl has more information about knives. New, torch.pl is about torchs ;) tactical.pl is about tactical gear, survival and so on. And of course whips.pl about whips.

I think it will happen with every forum witch going to be "about everything". And you will still surf at many forums.

Regards,
Karol

I happen to frequent one forum on the net, that is HUGE.... thousands of members....
it has probably over 100 subforums in it, and it is still growing and going strong.

my forum, will start off rather small.. just about a dozen subforums...... then as it grows branch out as it sees fit.

I was once a member of an online forum about swords, when it started it was great....... VERY active member base, alot of sword makers, and "important" people on there.... then it became way too heavily moderated, many silly "dramatic" issues came up and the "important" crowd started to vanish....... now it is a ghost town..... no one is there anymore......

so im going to take the lessons i learned thru watching that and try not to do that to my forum......
but we will see i guess.

I love Indygear, and i come here to talk about indy stuff, as eveyrone else does..........
so what im offering will be a WHIP forum...... to talk about whips primarily.... movie stuff later
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

This sounds like quite a good idea I think, I know a couple of guys here that write to me in email are more here to pick up whip making tips than because they are Indy fans.....so on those grounds there is definately a market place for whips and whip making.... 8)

I don't see that it'll dilute this board at all it'd more be an alternative I think....I know I'd still come here no matter how busy the new site got.... :lol:

Hopefully it'll take off big style and replace some of the old yahoo and Msn groups that used to be dedicated to whips and whipmaking a few years back....

They all seem to of gone by the wayside now mostly down to spam and lack of moderation which was a shame lots of great whipmakers posted and gave good solid information.....

I'll watch this space shall I? :roll:

Tony
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hi,

So I have to understand you bad. I thought that you want to create one big forum about everything, not about whips primarily and film stuff a bit.

If you will create that i think i will be there, and few peoples from here(Poland).

Regards,
Karol
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

"if you build it , they will come!"

and so i shall!!!

yeh, its going to be about knives, swords, guns and whips... but each forum will be equally as large as the next....
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

i just wanted to make a little announcement that we will be officially launching the forum tonight.

I appreciate Bullwhipborton allowing me to talk about this forum here, IN fact he will be aboard as well!

if anyone would like to be included in the announcement email, please PM me your email address! thank you!
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Looking forward to it Shagbd. PM sent.
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

:) Moi :)
Magno
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Magno »

Righto, I'm up for this.
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

everyone so far that has PMed me their email addy has been added to the mail out list...

we were planning a launch last night but want to give it a few more test phases to make sure everything runs smoothly...

I appreciate everyones patience on this, it WILL be worth the wait!
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

The Forum has Officially Launched!!!!

come one, come all!!!

http://cuttingedgeforum.com/

PLEASE OBSERVE THE RULES BEFORE REGISTERING
SPECIFICALLY THE REAL NAME POLICY

(there will still be people that dont read um...)
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

Looks really good over there :)
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

Glad to have you bud!
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

i just wanted to take an opportunity to thank everyone who has joined.

the forum is still in its early stages but we already have a really strong start out member base, and some really GREAT VIP makers over there.

we have alot of changes and improvements planned for the future, so stick around
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

we have a new banner logo and a few new forums added!

Come check us out!
Our community is growing!
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

REAL NAME POLICY abolished!

thats right, we have done away with the real name policy, apparently that was keeping alot of folks out.
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

The forum is back up

we had some issues, thank you for your patience
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

:shock: :shock: It's still off line :shock: :shock:
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

IndyWhips wrote::shock: :shock: It's still off line :shock: :shock:

ummmmm viewtopic.php?t=36338
IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyWhips »

Shagbd wrote:
IndyWhips wrote::shock: :shock: It's still off line :shock: :shock:

ummmmm viewtopic.php?t=36338
Stop picking on me you know I'm a technophobe :o
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

hahahah I know

Im sorry for this downtime on the forum..

prehaps with all the free time you have since your not on cuttingedgeforum.com you can pick up a new hobby? like..... needle point?
hahahahhaa!

Just kidding of course........ we'll be back!