I think I found the ''X-box''

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Holt
Craftsman

I think I found the ''X-box''

Post by Holt »

guys..this is far from proof......I just really think this looks like the X-box.

I have been studying frame by frame finding nothing..only ''K stitches'' and all of a sudden I saw this....this really looks like a X on the pull strap to me.....

the thing that really makes me think that this is an X is that straps that had the K in them was only in the buckle strap on the back panel, and the box that was on the pulling strap was empty..

what do you guys think?

agent5? G? Chris?

Image Image
Last edited by Holt on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

X marks the spot! Yes, I can actually see the X! :o
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

glad that its not only me that sees it..

I have been looking after so many X's lately in the film...I think I'd soon had end up with ''X-ray vision''( I know..bad humor...)
Last edited by Holt on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

No doubt about it! That is a X ;-)
Inbanana
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Inbanana »

Indiana Holt wrote:glad that its not only me that sees it..

I have been looking after so many X's lately in the film...I think I'd soon had end up with ''X-ray vision''( I know..bad humor...)
I know what you mean... I've always been a little skeptical about the x-box, but I think I'm starting to see them too:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i see it eric......what scene is that from?

inbanana....i see it too on the strap side :-k thats the place that a5 and todd were arguing back in the day about K vs. no reinforcement.

dang this hi-def blue-ray dvd's!!!!

oh well.....time for another jacket i guess...... :shock: ;-) :lol:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I kinda see that one too..its a little blurry....but if the jacket in your pic had a K stitch anchoring? the box that you show in your picture should actually be empty..and not with a X or K or whatever... :-k

just like in mine..if it had a K stitch it should be in the buckle strap and not the pull strap that is anchored on the side on the jacket which would be ampty if the K was on the oposite strap....

G. the jacket in my pic s the ''nobody has come out of here alive...please!!..'''
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Indiana Holt wrote:I see that one too..and because of if the jacket in your pic inbanana had a K stitch anchoring? the box that you show in your picture should actually be empty..and not with a X or K or whatever...

just like in mine..if it had a K stitch it should be in the buckle strap and not the pull strap that is anchored on the side on the jacket which would be ampty if the K was on the oposite strap....

G. the jacket in my pic s the ''nobody has come out of here alive...please!!..'''
oh......there was no x-box in that scene........just a PS3.....brrrruum bop ba!!!!!!

:lol: ......i can do bad jokes too eric :lol:

more conclusive evidence that what TN had was the hawaii jacket. except the pockets and collar aren't the same. :-k
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

:lol: hahaha my fellow stitch nazi..good humor...

right..this x-box.hawaii jacket no x-box.K stitch.empty box.PS3. all of this confuses me...

but were does the Xbox on Tony's first jacket come from???????? that question haunts me...

Mike I need a vacation.. :lol:
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I've always thought that the frames in which it could be seen that it was an X.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

From everything that has been said about work needed to keep the jackets together, make repairs etc during filming, isn't it possible that the X stitch was made on site as better reinforcement after a few repairs? Hardware (buckles) seemed to have changed as well.
Jackets may not have started with the X stitch but may have ended that way. Same with the rectangular buckles. G mentioned that the original copied jacket apparently had signs of holes in the strap.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I see it too :) Thanks for pointing it out Holt!

NIBS
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

There is an X there Holt.
Please let us see the entire screen cap.
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Just to muddy the waters still further (it's driving me insane too Eric),

I spoke to Tony again on the phone last night. He categorically stated that the details I got on my strap (the "K" stitch etc) WAS the same as the original jacket. He was VERY vocal about this. He also went on to say that although slydini's jacket was numbered #001, it was NOT the first jacket Tony made. Apparently, quite a few were made before Slydini's and Tony said he was already making them with the "K" stitch.
He implied that some people ask for "X" and some people ask for something else. I'm STILL confused because I think I do see the "X" in your screengrab.

Chris
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

Chris, save that photo in your computer. Then load it and play a little with brightness and contrast and you will see it.

Use "Open With"/ Microsoft Office Picture Manager
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jakob Emiliussen »

Chris_King wrote:Just to muddy the waters still further (it's driving me insane too Eric),

I spoke to Tony again on the phone last night. He categorically stated that the details I got on my strap (the "K" stitch etc) WAS the same as the original jacket. He was VERY vocal about this. He also went on to say that although slydini's jacket was numbered #001, it was NOT the first jacket Tony made. Apparently, quite a few were made before Slydini's and Tony said he was already making them with the "K" stitch.
He implied that some people ask for "X" and some people ask for something else. I'm STILL confused because I think I do see the "X" in your screengrab.

Chris
If he said it, then it's K's!! I mean - why would he lie and why would he be wrong?

By the pictures I can see both K's and X's - it's a matter of "bias" in your(my) perception! If you(I) want it to be X's, then it is. If you want it to be K's, then it is!!

Just my opinion...
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Although probably not the same jacket as the one Holt posted, there is still an X here.
Last edited by agent5 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

agent5 wrote:Alhough probably not the same jacket as the one Holt posted, there is still an X here.
Sorry - I see a K...
Alkali Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alkali Jones »

Me too.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

K all the way!

a5, iirc, you and todd battled this one out pretty good. you saw an X, some saw a K, and todd just say it as the leather being pulled and thats why his front anchor stitches are just 1" x 1/2" rectangular boxes.

its small potatoes to some. i took my configuration from todd's jackets. whether its SA or not, i just think it looks more tidy than those clunky X-box, PS3, Wii, thingamajiggers.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yeah..I thought soo too at first..

but if the K was there it is on the wrong strap.that box should be empty if the K stitch was on the buckle strap..

but it seems that there is some sort of sticth there..it might be very well a X.

just came to think about it..what do we exactly know for sure about the other raiders jackets?..

I mean some jackets could come with a K on both buckle strap and pull strap :-k
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Didn't _ report that the Terry Leonard had "X" stitches on the straps? (Way back when he originally posted about the opportunity he had to examine the Terry Leonard jacket).

I wonder why Todd changed them if that's the case?

Chris
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

:-k

yeah..that might be true...if I remember correctley....
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Eric, what exactly is the "x-box" on the jacket? A decorative stitching?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

the straps are anchored with a pattern.a rectangular box and a X in it.

agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

The X is a reinforcement of the side strap.

I believe Todd made his a K based off of this one pic. I completely believe it to be an X that is being blocked by the strap. You can even see the lines continued to make the X but it's just blocked by the excess strap hanging off.

While I can't say anyone is wrong based soley on their preceptions, I just cannot see how you guys see a K in the b/w pic posted above. I see nothing but an X with the box around it.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I think because the strap box doesnt look like its 1'' big..looks more 1/2'' big...

but it just might aswell be an X there..because A) the angle might be of..so it could look like a K..

B) as I said above..if it has a pattern in the box on the pull strap it must be an X..because the straps that have the K is on the bukle strap and not on the pull strap..
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Indiana Holt wrote:the straps are anchored with a pattern.a rectangular box and a X in it.
Ah, now I see. thanks
Alkali Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alkali Jones »

Hey agent5

Ok, I think I see the "X" now, I get it! I never could see why anyone would use a "K", but who knows what some people will do?

Dan S
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

I absolutely see an X in the B/W photo above.

The Flying wing shot does not appear to show the entire box... That is why it looks like a "K"...

C3
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

The Flying wing shot does not appear to show the entire box... That is why it looks like a "K"...

yes that is what I thought too when screengrabbing..it might just aswell be a entire X--what do we know for sure? we only have blurry screengrabs :-k
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

Holt, what about my request my friend?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Here's the same pic Eric posted at the top of this thread, after it's been through Photoshop - increasing brightness and reducing contrast only. Clear as day here - definitely an "X" present.

Kind regards,

Craig

Holt edit:I compared this with the TN xbox

ImageImage
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Indiana Holt wrote:

yes that is what I thought too when screengrabbing..it might just aswell be a entire X--what do we know for sure? we only have blurry screengrabs :-k
Yes. blurry screen grabs have been the problem identifying details all along.
Tony had the actual jacket.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Yes, but we're also discussing different jackets as well, not just the jacket Tony had. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the jacket he had was only in the outdoor scenes in Hawaii and I believe but cannot be certain, of course, that it was used in Imam's house. Could the the same and could be different, but the storm flap is identical.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

agent5 wrote:Yes, but we're also discussing different jackets as well, not just the jacket Tony had. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the jacket he had was only in the outdoor scenes in Hawaii and I believe but cannot be certain, of course, that it was used in Imam's house. Could the the same and could be different, but the storm flap is identical.

right! I believe that they are the same jacket as well.the square stormflap corner is identical to the ''spider'' jacket.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Thanks, Holt. I meant to say squared off storm flap corner. Even the leather has some of the same characteristics, at least in the photos. may not be the exact same jacket, of course, but some of the similarities point to that possibility.
Last edited by agent5 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

right again.

I support this 100%
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

agent5 wrote:
While I can't say anyone is wrong based soley on their preceptions, I just cannot see how you guys see a K in the b/w pic posted above. I see nothing but an X with the box around it.
you answerd that question yourself! It's all about perception.
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

Hey Holt,
great job about the x-box
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

agent5 wrote:Yes, but we're also discussing different jackets as well, not just the jacket Tony had. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the jacket he had was only in the outdoor scenes in Hawaii and I believe but cannot be certain, of course, that it was used in Imam's house. Could the the same and could be different, but the storm flap is identical.
I wouldn't be surprised if it appears in other scenes as well, but we'll never know for sure.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I got a higher res cap. That back attachment does looks like a K box to me.

Kt

Last edited by Kt Templar on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jakob Emiliussen
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

I still only see a K - maybe half an X i.e. a K....
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Okay, now I see a K. You can even make out the stitch in front of the inner stitch of the box. I wish I had ny HD copy of Raiders here so thanks for posting, KT.

I still see nothing but an X in the b/w pic above, but again, we're looking at different scenes and most likely, different jackets.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

5, did I get my copy from you? I can't remember who was kind enough to get me a copy. It totally hammers my poor 1.25ghz laptop, need to put it on my quad core at work to watch it!
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Does yours have commercials in it? No, I'm not the one who sent it cuz' I don't have a burner of any kind. :-k
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

agent5 wrote:Does yours have commercials in it? No, I'm not the one who sent it cuz' I don't have a burner of any kind. :-k
Yes it does, lots of frankfurter ones! lol.
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

Personally, I am awaiting the photos that show the elusive "Q" stitch. Very difficult to master.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

It's probably proprietary. :-k :[

Regard! Michaelson