Shirt for taller folks?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Maelstrom
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Shirt for taller folks?

Post by Maelstrom »

Hey all:

I've done quite a bit of research, I really wanted a Todd's shirt, but the one major gripe I've read in previous threads about them is how they are short for the taller folks out there. Seems this leads to frustrating instances of the shirt becoming untucked through everyday use. I'd say a shirt that fits me better is more important than a SA one, for me anyway. I'm 6'2" and have an athletic build, and I'll happily shell out more money for a longer shirt. Which option would be the best for us taller people out there?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

If you don't mind spending a bit more than Todd's, I would recommend a custom Magnoli shirt or a Wested. My Magnoli shirt fits perfect for me. As for my Wested, I am 6'0" and weigh 190 lbs and have a size L and it is a little long on me (but you can't tell because it is tucked in). Hope that helps

NIBS
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

I'd second the vote for Magnoli's shirt, since you can specify exactly how long you want the shirt, and have a lot more control over the color, too.

Todd's shirt is too short for taller folks, and I didn't own the Wested shirt for long enough to get a feel for how long it was, but the color is way too light.
Maelstrom
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Maelstrom »

How about the AB? I've noticed that one is a pretty good color and seems to be a bit longer than Todd's.

Any idea what the wait time / price is on AB shirts?
Montresor
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Montresor »

Third vote for Magnoli. I order a lot of custom sized shirts. It's not that I'm especially tall or broad I just notice that shirts that fit me in the shoulder are very wide in the waist and often just a bit too short in the sleeve. My magnoli shirt fits incredibly well, in fact it's the best fitting shirt I've got.
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

I'm quite tall too at 6.2 average build and the Noel Howard xl shirt fits me perfectly and it is the most SA shirt you can get, so if you're lucky email wested they might have a few still....
Maelstrom
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Maelstrom »

Thanks for all your input guys. I am going to go with the NH shirt. I'll let you know how it all fits. Thanks again!
tunic
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tunic »

I have a Todd's shirt in XXL and I consider myself tall . I'm 6'3" I'm big in the shoulders . My Todd's shirt fits fine. Plus I have long arms and the shirt fits great even after washing it. I'm the same way about buying shirts without trying them on first. I also have a Magnoli's Adventures shirt. I really like Todd's better more SA then the Magnoli's in my opinion. The price of the Todd's shirt is reasonable also. Just my opinion
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

The Todds are nice but the cut is what bothers me. I usually wear an XL but I ordered an XXL Todds. The Waist is fine but the chest across is tight. I am going to go with Magnoli. Ordered a pair of adventure pants, they simply rock!!! :)