The Penman post 'em up Pages....The Adventure Continues...

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

The Penman post 'em up Pages....The Adventure Continues...

Post by Texan Scott »

Post 'em up, ladies and gentlemen!
Last edited by Texan Scott on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:23 posts and not a single picture! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should change the thread title to "Dreaming of my Penman" and start from scratch when they start rolling in. Just a thought. :-

I agree.

I have to throw one of these in here.

;0

Ok, Here a grey non-Indy that I made for myself from one of my test hats. I put a bit more curl using one of my new flanges, that I hope to order more of and cut the brim down just a bit. I did this as to have one of my hats to wear and not take anyones time. Some where down the road I need to make myself an fedora starting with all new parts and not from re-worked parts.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0233.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0234.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0235.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0236.jpg
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Here's another sahara non Indy that i just finished and will be going in the mail in the morning.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0247.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0244.jpg
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

here's some pics of the color felt I can get.

1-Grey ( the grey I use for the Indy grey. Raiders and CS.

2-Natural

3-Steal Grey

4-Black

5-Sahara

6- Pecan

7-Dark Grey

Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luke Warmwater »

BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Luke warmwater, thats a great shot.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Which hat is that in the photo, Oak? hat-miester!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Thats a Indy Brown ( with raiders specs) of Luke warmwater and he bashed it himself. I just love the look of his baby. I assume it's his baby. The hat looks great if I do say so myself. Great shot.
Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luke Warmwater »

BendingOak wrote:Thats a Indy Brown ( with raiders specs) of Luke warmwater and he bashed it himself. I just love the look of his baby. I assume it's his baby. The hat looks great if I do say so myself. Great shot.
That's my son and his sister in the background. I get many fine compliments on my hat. An extra 3-4 days is well worth the wait.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I thought I would help out this thread a bit until people start posting their lids.

This is the first ever hat that I made with some really cheap rabbit felt. I changed the ribbon on it and put one of my liners in it. I also changed the brim curl. I think i will keep it this way.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0272.jpg

This is the same felt that I used to make my first high quality rabbit felt as a test. I re-blocked it to fit my 8 year old son. Gave it a CS look to it and now he's running around with it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0274.jpg

My first beaver hat that I made using the felt maker that I currently use is gone.I took it apart for an experiment. This is before getting a real hat ribbon.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0299.jpg

This is the first grey hat that I made as a test. I trimmed the brim down and flanged it with a lot more of a curl to it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0273.jpg

Here's my latest hat for a customer a LC style hat.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0275.jpg
CairoIndy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CairoIndy »

great hats Oak! 8) ,do you use the same block for Raiders and LC hats?
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Production is going well. The past month i have done 3 hats a week. One week I did 4 and another 2. the average would make it 3 a week. I'm always trying to do things in a new order to make things go better. I think I like what I have going on now. I try and work when my wife is at work and my kid is at school. this way i have some time off for the family and still can pace myself and not to task my back.

I have only one set of blocks, so the answer to the question is yes. Both the Raiders and LC came off the same block as well as the couple of CS hats.

I hope to add more in the future but this one set is keeping me busy right now. They also are not cheap.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

To be completely honest with everyone here. I give most of the Raiders hat a over all Raiders look to them and then tweak them slightly.

I do like the first pic you posted. The hat looks great ( if I do say so myself).
They are getting better with everyone that I make.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I just updated my web-site to show the different styles of Indy hats. This way you can see all the pics in one place.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Well I finally have some time to post that my Penman arrived. I was a little unsure as I looked at the box because cool as it was, the Post Office had managed to squash it, and I didn't know what I'd find inside.

No worries!!! Inside the box was a perfect fedora turned with an Idol Grab bash. The color is so rich, the felt butter soft, the fit perfect. I will never sell this hat, which means just like my Marc Kitter HJ, I consider it a true work of art and it's home to stay. Everything about this hat is rugged and abuse proof and it looks fine too!!! The bash had relaxed a bit in shipping, but a few tweaks and it looks just the way I wanted it.

I love it John, thanks so much for making me the perfect hat. Your work is impeccable and I will no doubt be ordering again.

Photos to follow as soon as I get the chance... :) :notworthy: :whip:
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Here's my Penman. I'm still tweaking a bit because the bash relaxed during shipping, but I'm getting it to where I want. The marks on it are just getting it dirty outside while breaking it in...This is a nice boxy Idol Grab with deep dents in brown. I'm working on getting the center dent a little deeper and the brim flip on the right.

Last edited by gabrielle on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Hello Beautiful...

(Great job - AGAIN - Oak!)

gabrielle, I know you're gonna keep tweakin' it until you get it where you WANT it - I mean, any TRULY great hat DESERVES that kinda love and attention - so, when you DO get it "there" (be it a few days from now or a couple of weeks), be sure to update us with another photo or two...

So far? GORGEOUS.

Mitch
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Here's a side shot in a Raiders grey. It at least will give you an idea of the shape and ribbon until I can dig up one in brown.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/jpenman/photo.jpg
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

here's the Indy raiders brown side shot

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0312.jpg

And if you wanted to look at the ribbon work.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0322.jpg
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Let me just stick my nose in here just a bit. There is no close when it comes to the ribbon of Steve and Marc. It's the exact ribbon used on the Raiders hat. The photo's used are all in different lighting so you can't go by them for the color.

For construction of the bow then Pics will tell the story but not all of it form one shot. I think Steve and Marc nailed the Raiders look very well. There a reason I look to them for guidance when doing the Raider hat ( or any other hat for that matter). That got it down, period.

The things that I look for is not only the over all look but how puffy the bow is. Does it have any space from the felt. It should be as if it was pasted onto the felt almost You should see any space between the felt and the bow. May a tad at the top of the not.

The other thing you have to consider is the photo pf the screen used is not a new hat. I think if it was new it would look even more close than what comes out of the Adventurebilt line.

Those guys are good at taking on a ribbon. They get the over all look and hide their stitches very well. There are stitches there than you don't even know are there.

If you guys and gals were in front of me I could show you some things about the AB hats of Steve and Marc and you would never look at a hat the same.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

One more thing. Now that I have that nice close up shot. Wait until my next hat.

I would love to have pics of a TOD and LC bow like this one. I would like to change the way the bow looks according to what each movie had. To be more screen accurate. I like the Raiders V the best but would like to make it more SA.

Thanks to anyone who can post these pics for me.
KY Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

It's here! My Penman has arrived.

Post by KY Jones »

About a month sooner than I expected and way too cool for words. (First time in my life having a big head has paid off.) Here's some quick shots. Just had to share.

Thanks, John. It's the finest hat I've ever owned.

I'm not sure if I have shaped properly yet. How in the world the post office can crush a box that sturdy, I'll ever understand.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Are you sure you haven't owned that hat for years, and are trying to fool us, KY? :?

That thing is BEAUTIFUL!!! Don't change a thing!!! :clap:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

KY, that hat suits you perfectly! You wear it very well and with much style. :tup: :)
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Like they said, KY... looks great (and great ON you!)

LOVIN' the way you wear it with a bit of a tilt...
That's what you call "Havin' a bit of a swagger even when you're standing still..."

VERY nice!
Mitch
Last edited by Mitch LaRue on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I really love these Penmans and am saving for my 2nd. Here is a shot after tweaking a bit, but I still want a few more adjustments...

KY Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KY Jones »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really love this hat! My wife got amused the other night because I was sitting in my chair watching TV with the hat on. Gee, I even hate to take it off for bed. Great workmanship!

Now, if my Wested HH wil just get here.

Best,
KY
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Typically, when you make a hat, you get the felt wet, then it drys on the block, correct? When it does dry is there any shrinkage in the diameter of the felt, especially around the hat band?
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Texan Scott wrote:Typically, when you make a hat, you get the felt wet, then it drys on the block, correct? When it does dry is there any shrinkage in the diameter of the felt, especially around the hat band?

Thats the idea of it drying on the block. To form to the block shape. When its dry and goes though a few more steps before coming off the block. The sweatband is cut to size and then sewn in.. There is no more shrinking after the body comes off the block.

I know what you are thinking but thats not the case. In this case the customer had a bad tape measure and gave me the wrong measurements. I'm just trying to help him sell this hat. It's brand new and never been worn.

Try not to read anything into this.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I have had a couple of people give me their head measurements based off of hat sizing charts. This has caused a problem with those people getting hats that don't fit. Even when they sent me a measurement in inches it really was from a hat size chart and not really taken from their own head.

My hats are custom fitted and not mad to fit off the rack. My blocks are custom made for the sizes I wanted. They are not standard size. I'm trying to make everyone happy but I can't remake hats for people when they make a mistake like this.

If you normally wear a size 7 3/8 and know that I want sizes in inches don't go to a web site and to some size chart and look up 7 3/8 and get that in inches and give it to me. It wont work. I need a true measurement from your own head.

I hope this is clear. I'm sorry for the rant.

I have a open crown Raiders brown brand new with the head measurement of 22 3/4. If you would like to buy this hat contact me. No wait time at all.

thanks again
John
KY Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

hat size

Post by KY Jones »

Before I ordered I measured my dome twice wth two different tapes, just to be sure (what's the old saying about measuring twice, cut once?). I measured where the bottom of my hat normally sits on my head and sent that to John. It fit like a custom hat should. No play, no excess, no having to tug it down to fit. "Hat sizes" vary from chart to chart, manufacturer to manufacturer, and even within the same company. I've worn Stetsons for years and have NEVER been able to buy one without trying it on. I have Stetson's varying in size from 7 1/4 to 7 1/2, and they ALL fit. Just depends on the hat, the block used and where it was made (Stetson used to have more than one factory.) For a custom hat, measurement is always requested, not "hat size" (my Penman wasn't my first custom hat). If you've measured correctly and the hat doesn't fit when you get it, take it up with the hatter. If you goofed on the measuring, then you've got a nice tight custom hat. At least that's the rule for the custom hatters I've known. I can't speak for John, I've not seen his policy but I wouldn't bet it's any different. Not picking on anyone or trying to explain Penman's company policy, just giving you the benefit of many years experience.
Best,
KY
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: hat size

Post by BendingOak »

KY Jones wrote:Before I ordered I measured my dome twice wth two different tapes, just to be sure (what's the old saying about measuring twice, cut once?). I measured where the bottom of my hat normally sits on my head and sent that to John. It fit like a custom hat should. No play, no excess, no having to tug it down to fit. "Hat sizes" vary from chart to chart, manufacturer to manufacturer, and even within the same company. I've worn Stetsons for years and have NEVER been able to buy one without trying it on. I have Stetson's varying in size from 7 1/4 to 7 1/2, and they ALL fit. Just depends on the hat, the block used and where it was made (Stetson used to have more than one factory.) For a custom hat, measurement is always requested, not "hat size" (my Penman wasn't my first custom hat). If you've measured correctly and the hat doesn't fit when you get it, take it up with the hatter. If you goofed on the measuring, then you've got a nice tight custom hat. At least that's the rule for the custom hatters I've known. I can't speak for John, I've not seen his policy but I wouldn't bet it's any different. Not picking on anyone or trying to explain Penman's company policy, just giving you the benefit of many years experience.
Best,
KY
You are correct sir that is how all the hatters that I know run their company when it comes to orders.

I posted here and my site how and why I want head measurements. I also stated that my blocks are made to my specs not to normal specs. I told everyone ( and it's just a couple) that I would not cut and run but I would work with them to find out how it went wrong and to make sure everyone was happy in the end. I thought it would save a little in shipping if we tried and sell the hat here first and I would make a new one but still wanted to be fare to people waiting in line for the block that might be needed.

I will have both hats up for sell at a low price of 200 dollars ( not including shipping ) and the reason I'm doing this is because I have been signing the sweatbands and writing the persons name inside. I will eat the loss myself on these two hats. I will no longer write anyone name inside the hats. I wouldn't feel right sending off a hat as if it was brand new with someone else name in it.

Anyone has a 22 3/4 inch head and would like a brown Raiders fedora please contact me.
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

Alright guys...I'll post pics later, because it's really late at night, but I just want to say that I got my Penman on Saturday, which I wasn't expecting until November or something. Seriously, it came so unexpectedly that I was almost late for work because of it. I open the door to go drive to work, then BAM! I see a big white box with the Penman logo sitting on my doorstep.

So what's the first thing I think? "Oh no...John must've made a mistake and sent me a hat on accident" because it shouldn't be done now, let alone shipped. Second thing, "Looks like I'm going to be late for work." Hehe. :lol:

So I spent about 5-10 minutes debating on opening the box now or after work. I decided for after (hurrah responsibilities). After work, I opened the box carefully and inspected the hat. I was really surprised at how both stiff and soft the hat is. Everyone here was making it out to be like super floppy or something, but it's much stiffer than I expected, and yet it's very soft as well. This is only my second hat and is definitely not as stiff as an Akubra. I actually asked for an open crown hat, and it was shipped to me in a Raiders bash. Another reason why I thought maybe it wasn't supposed to be mine. Then I checked the inside of the sweat band...with my name on it. :)

After actually putting it on, it didn't matter that the hat came pre-bashed. It looked amazing. And to be perfectly honest, the bash was set in a way better fashion than I'll ever be able to do. It was a little snug at first, but not overly tight that I'd have a headache after wearing it for so long. And it's definitely not as loose as my Fed IV, so no worries about it blowing off on a windy day. Also, between getting the hat and today, I've actually gotten a haircut and have been wearing it everyday since, so it fits even better now. Well, I think I've rambled on enough. I just love my new hat.

tl;dr* version: Amazing hat. I am one very happy customer and look forward to ordering another in the future. Pics to follow shortly.

*Note: tl;dr is short for "too long; didn't read," which is then followed by a much smaller paraphrasing of my message
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

As promised, here are pics:

And a pic of the bow, because it's the "it" thing to do right now:

Loving the hat, especially since I now have a lid to wear with non-earth tone colors (I have a lot of blue/gray in my wardrobe). Also, I have some red polos with gray stripes. :) Gonna wear the hat as much as I can today, and begin to give it some character.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I call it my Indy grey but it's granite.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Here's the most recent hat that i just finished. It's a grey CS hat. Piker this is your hat.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/j ... G_0374.jpg
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Uh oh...someone's in trouble!

And in other news, here is my Penman aboard the Disney Wonder this past Halloween Weekend:

Customs took my whip from my suitcase so I am missing my whip...I got it back, though. Please, excuse the bad angles of the hat, but these were not taken to accent the hat.

Dave
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

*BUMP* (But with good reason!)

Well...
:)
What can I say? The first thing I want to do is just keep grinning like an idiot...
:) :) :) :) :)
My Penman Raiders Grey Clipper arrived on Tuesday (in the middle of an unexpected blizzard, no less...I think the guy who delivered it instinctively new that my noggin' needed it's lid and he was ready to brave the snow to get it to me!)

John, I don't think I can say much more than what others in this thread have said already... You're making beautiful, BEAUTIFUL hats, my friend!
The felt... the look and the feel of it... the ribbon and that gorgeous, meticulously PERFECT bow!

The fit?
PERFECT.
When it went on my head, I swear I think I hear a perfect "shooomp" sound.

I'm in AWE, sir.
:notworthy:
(And I already saving up for my NEXT Penman Hat...)

Now, before anyone asks about the pictures... I AM taking a bunch this weekend (AND posting them) but my wife and I just purchased a new camera LAST weekend and I haven't even had a chance to load the new software onto the pc and even see how this new camera works yet... so I need a little time.

Meanwhile, I'd like to take this opportunity to extend the invitation to the other lucky new Penman Hat owners whose lids were shipped to them the same time My hat was:
masman
ssvs04
ethyva
montage

You've ALL (I hope) just gotten your gorgeous new Penman lids!
Show how proud you are by posting some nice (maybe, just maybe NON-"bathroom mirror reflection") photos!
;-)
BendingOaks fine work deserves to be shown off more than it already is... Let's help him out!

I know I'M going to...
All the Best,
Mitch
Masman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Masman »

Yes, as Mitch pointed out, I received my Penman hats as well. These hats are simply amazing and I can't tell you how pleased I am with them. The felt is amazing, the bash is wonderful and the fit was as if John held the tape measure himself. I got a Raiders brown and Raiders seaplane. Guilty confession is that I've already ordered my third since a family member (ahem..wife) has summarily taken possession of my brown hat. But that's ok, she looks much better in it anyway!

Thanks again John, your hat is truly on par with any hat available to Indy fans, even those that cost twice as much!

Wearing my Seaplane hat daily & proudly, while awaiting my next brown hat......
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

:shock: :shock:
wow.recived mine yesterday.what can i say???

i´m just amazed about the quality of this incredible lid

i´m a proud owner of two federation,grey and brown, and a cristy.well the penman is on another leage.can´t compare to the ab (mine is not coming till next summer)but just when unpacked from the box you can tell the difference.
don´t get me wrong.love my brown akubra.we been trough a lot together.but this hat is another thing.

congrats to john for making a trully piece of art, congrats to all lucky owners of a penman´s hat,and of course congrats to me for owning one of the most beautiful hats in the world.

thanks john.been looking for the perfect riders hat for long time and you made it for me
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Ahhhh... FINALLY!
Well, here's 6 photos from me to pay a little tribute to the AMAZING work of BendingOak (a.k.a. John Penman of Penman Hats)...
...Or at least, 6 photos in THIS thread (I've posted 6 different ones over in the Vendor Announcements Section in the "Penman Hats Update 10/25/08 Customers Please Read" thread as well!)
;-)
John, this Raiders Grey Clipper is, at least in MY mind, PERFECT!
Thank you so much for all your hard work and for having such a strong drive to produce such EXCELLENT quality.
This may have been the FIRST hat I've ordered from you... but my friend, it is FAR from being the last!
All the BEST (Especially if you're ordering a hat from Mr. Penman!)
Mitch

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey020.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey014.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey018.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey019.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey017.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey021.jpg
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

congrats mitch! that hat is gorgeous and i love the bow work :)

now having said that, it still needs to be able to compliment the owner's head/face.....and i must say......it looks like you were born to wear that hat :tup:.

mr. penman........ :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

you've done it again sir ;-)
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Great work John! You know, when I get one of my early hats back for a reblock, I am somewhat embarrassed by my work, in those early days. I can tell from looking at your work, that you are better than I was, when I first started. A natural!

You really refined your bowwork very fast, compared to me!!! Heck, it took me 5 years to make a decent bow. I ain't kiddin' either.

Being a cabinet maker, I was better at making the wood blocks for hats, than actually making the hat itself.

I wanted to wait a bit before I chimed in John. Proud of you my friend, and glad to call you a friend as well. Fedora
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Has anyone seen my socks. . :)

What can I say Steve, thats the best complement I could ever get and coming from someone I respect so much as a hat maker and person.

Thanks for the kind words.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

[quote="Mitch LaRue"]Ahhhh... FINALLY!
Well, here's 6 photos from me to pay a little tribute to the AMAZING work of BendingOak (a.k.a. John Penman of Penman Hats)...
...Or at least, 6 photos in THIS thread (I've posted 6 different ones over in the Vendor Announcements Section in the "Penman Hats Update 10/25/08 Customers Please Read" thread as well!)
;-)
John, this Raiders Grey Clipper is, at least in MY mind, PERFECT!
Thank you so much for all your hard work and for having such a strong drive to produce such EXCELLENT quality.
This may have been the FIRST hat I've ordered from you... but my friend, it is FAR from being the last!
All the BEST (Especially if you're ordering a hat from Mr. Penman!)
Mitch

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey020.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey014.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey018.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey019.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... rey017.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/M ... .jpg/quote]

thanks agin mitch (or should I thank your wife ) for taking these great photo's. they are all fantastic pics.

Now, if I can only get everyone else to take shots like these. :twisted:
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

It's here!!

Post by The Librarian »

Got it today. Was nervous opening up but once out of the box I caressed the smooth felt. Oh man. And what a classy liner.
It's stiffer than I expected. No taking it off by the pinch for now. Great fit. Snug but comfortable. Wore it around the library and got several compliments. Even gave out one of John's business cards.
Thanks, John for your hard work and eye for quality.

Marty
P.S. I know I promised pics taken by someone else instead of mirror or arm-length shots, but I handed my digital camera to one of the ladies working with me. You'd think I'd asked her to land the Space Shuttle. She took a shot and here it is. I'll have more soon.
Last edited by The Librarian on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

When it comes to the CS grey and LC. I have been adding a little stiffener to them to hold there shape better. If you just handle the hat it will soften up a great deal.
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by The Librarian »

The great communication and respect for the customer shown by John thoughout has always made me comfortable having ordered my hat from him. And wearing and showing off this beautiful work of art has made the wait worthwhile. I'm thinking about another one sometime after the New Year. Perhaps a Sierra for the summer.
And as promised, here are some more pics.

Nice side shot to show off the swoop!

Dignified!

Just try and take my hat! I dare you!