Me and my gear * UPDATED PIC* FRONT VIEW*

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

Those images are so begging for a fake, Indy-style background.
NatiJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by NatiJones »

jacksdad wrote:you said you love history are you a teacher?

Not yet.. just graduated in May taking a little break before getting into the real world sorta say!

Run down:

Shirt:Magnoli
Pants: Wested
Boots: Aldens
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

First of all, young lady, go put a nice cardigan on... [-X

And the rest of you try throttling back the hormones a touch.
There are kids on this forum... :roll:
Last edited by Dalexs on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I personally don't see what the big fuss is about Nati's gear. I mean, it's not like she is in risque poses or in her underwear. It just looks as if she created a more feminine outfit.

NIBS
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

After seeing those pics of Nati, my image of Indy will somehow never be the same :)
moviematt1989
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by moviematt1989 »

lol boy oh boy is she getting the attention, lol. Dalexs, I like the cardigan comment. not a jacket or a sweater but a cardigan, i dunno, it's just....awesome. I like.

Best,

Matt
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

Dalexs has a point, guys. Just think about what happened to all those poor 80s kids after they first saw Marion in that torn wedding dress and then Willie Scott baring her midriff. Then spare a thought for those unfortunate souls who also bore witness to Princess Leia's slave girl outfit. That's right, most of them grew up to be freaks like us. We owe it to future generations to protect them from the same fate. Therefore, I suggest that from now on only old guys, preferably with prominent nasal and aural hair, be allowed to wear Indy gear on this forum.

;-)
Fink
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fink »

Satipo wrote:Dalexs has a point, guys. Just think about what happened to all those poor 80s kids after they first saw Marion in that torn wedding dress and then Willie Scott baring her midriff. Then spare a thought for those unfortunate souls who also bore witness to Princess Leia's slave girl outfit. That's right, most of them grew up to be freaks like us. We owe it to future generations to protect them from the same fate. Therefore, I suggest that from now on only old guys, preferably with prominent nasal and aural hair, be allowed to wear Indy gear on this forum.

;-)

...touché! Words of wisdom, boys! :rolling:
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

Satipo wrote:Those images are so begging for a fake, Indy-style background.
Even more they are begging for a real Indy-style background! ;)
CairoIndy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CairoIndy »

EDITED.

EDITED by Mod.
Last edited by CairoIndy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Ahh....NOW I understand why this was a labeled a hot topic on the general gear
listing. Dang, if I hadn't spent so much money on gear this year, I'd move to Texas!
Seriously though, great job on the gear, NatiJones - liked how you made the look
your own. Well done! Image
Cavalcade
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Cavalcade »

well, that sketch isn't appropriate.

MOD-Edit: indeed.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Nati's pics are just showing a navel. How can that be inappropriate ( the cartoon on the other hand is stretching it a bit).

I can't believe it's OK for some men to show parts of their flabby chest for all to see :?: but nati's navel is a big no, no.

Please tell me that was a joke.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

It's mostly a matter of how most seem to revert to "Neanderthal mode" anytime one of our female members shows a picture of herself, naval or not. This thread is teetering on the inappropriate based solely on the responses and reactions found in this thread. Yes, most of us are adults, but the fact is that we strive to keep this a family oriented site so ANYONE can feel free to visit and stay a while. So while the pictures themselves may be passable, it's the reactions to them which put this thread at risk of being shut down.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

That would be a shame: NatiJones' outfit is an exelent example of someone making the gear your own. She took the gear and was able to give it a bit of her own style. :tup: Not to mention that it is also in style for portraying tough females in the serials Indy was based on.

Regards, Geert
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

And I didn't say don't post the images of her outfit.
I never said the outfit was inappropriate.
(But thank you for noticing the humor in the cardigan remark!)

I just know how immature you guys all get with the comments when these things get posted.
It happens everytime.
And then things like the sketch do get posted and we hear from angry parents.
Believe me, this is how it goes everytime...
Last edited by Dalexs on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

gwyddion wrote:That would be a shame: NatiJones' outfit is an exelent example of someone making the gear your own. She took the gear and was able to give it a bit of her own style. :tup: Not to mention that it is also in style for portraying tough females in the serials Indy was based on.

Regards, Geert
And that, gwyddion, is an example of an intelligent post in this kind of thread. ;-)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Dalexs wrote:And I didn't say don't post the images of her outfit.
I never said the outfit was inappropriate.
(But thank you for noticing the humor in the cardigan remark!)

I just know how immature you guys all get with the comments when these things get posted.
It happens everytime.
And then things like the sketch do get posted and we hear from angry parents.
Believe me, this is how it goes everytime...
The cardigan comment didn't seem like a joke. Thats why a posted. It would be a shame to scare off one of the few female members.

IMHO, it would have been better not to comment on her and address the comments on the ones making the inappropriate comments.
NatiJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by NatiJones »

In all honesty I did not IN ANYWAY think this was going to get out of hand. I took SA gear, although I did not quite wear the shirt like Indy, and showed it like how I saw would best suit a female Indy fan. I did not disrespect Indy by going out and buying some cheap costume cutting it up and wear 2 inches of clothing. I'm not here to upset anyone, children,families, or admins. I honestly can not help the responses that I received from my photos and that was NOT MY INTENTION AT ALL! I've always seen everyone else dressed up and proud of their gear and was happy that I was now able to show my gear too. I'm sorry for those who feel offended by post. In all honesty, I thought this was a forum where I could come in and show my appreciation for Indy as a female fan but I'll just refrain from posting photos of myself and instead use a non gendered mannequin in order to prevent further comments from offending others. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement in response to my gear. ALL of the post showed I had done a good job in getting the correct gear it was just the side remarks ( which I took to good heart) which seemed to be bothersome. I'm not sure if this is the right place for me anymore since I being a woman have to sensor myself in a male oriented hobby.. maybe we are still in Indy's time back in 1957 where women wear cardigans and bake cookies... Strange how I've never seen Indy nor Marion wear a cardigan... hmmm

~Nati
darth_ming
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by darth_ming »

Dear NatiJones,

I think you are beautiful, you look great with the Indiana Jones attire.
Also I'm completely agree with you it seems that you have very SA garments and accesories.
Don't worry about the bitter people who says negative things about your photos.
Believe me, if I would single, you will be my dream girl.
Imagine, is not easy to find Indyfans ladies!!!!!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Nati, we are not complaining about your photos and are not faulting you here. (However, Dalexs' father-like cardigan joke seemed to go over like a lead balloon, though he never commented that you should not have posted the pictures nor that the outfit was inappropriate.)

The point was that it's the responses from other members that often get out of hand if not careful. There have been plenty of perfectly fine replies in this thread, but some have been a little bit overboard, hence the edited posts. Yes, it's a male-dominated hobby. Yes, we like to see as many women around these parts as possible. And yes, the guys sometimes get out of hand. We try to nip problems in the bud where we see them.

Nati, this IS a forum where you can come in and show your appreciation for Indy as a female fan. We have a number of ladies around these parts who contribute frequently.

The staff at IndyGear and Club Obi Wan do a tough and usually thankless job by volunteering their time to run this place. We try hard to keep this forum family friendly, meaning if a parent saw their 13 year old kid reading this site, there wouldn't be anything flat-out offensive on the screen, be it foul language, political or religious debate, hate speech, or lewd subject matter. (And I am in no way referring to your pictures as lewd.) By signing up to be a member, you agree to abide by the rules that state as such. Do we always get it right around here? No. But we've received complaints from angry parents before. More importantly, we've received countless compliments for this being one of the best run forums anywhere.

We are not in 1957, but we are in an age where slander and inappropriate comments from members has lead to near legal action against members, and occasionally even threatened the very existence of this site. Most of it is never seen by the majority of folks around here because of the work we do behind the scenes.

If you choose to wear cardigans and bake cookies, that is your choice and yours alone. But as for Indy wearing a cardigan, he (Harrison) did wear one in the Mystery of the Blues episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Yep, I just got my geek on. :lol: ;-)

I hope you understand the staff's comments were not aimed directly at you. Hopefully this clear things up a bit. The staff is pretty approachable, honestly, so if you have any questions or concerns, you can post them in the Feedback section or PM any one of us directly.

Regards,

bink
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Well said, bink. Well said. Image
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

binkmeisterRick wrote:
If you choose to wear cardigans and bake cookies, that is your choice and yours alone. But as for Indy wearing a cardigan, he (Harrison) did wear one in the Mystery of the Blues episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Yep, I just got my geek on. :lol: ;-)

Regards,

bink
I knew someone was going to try and pull this. That isn't a cardigan he is wearing in MOTB. It is just a button down coat like a sports coat underneath his jacket.

NIBS
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

First of all, I don't want y'all to think that I am trying to cause arguments, and i DO think the mods do a great job. BUT, when he says "go put on a cardigan young lady," that IS directed only to her. I think we should all just drop the entire topic and move on to what we came to discuss when we joined COW... INDY!

NIBS
Last edited by knibs7 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Cardigan, not a sports coat:

I have a cardigan from the '20s that looks almost exactly like that (same type of collar and weave) except it's black. ;-)

Image Image
Last edited by binkmeisterRick on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

knibs7 wrote:I knew someone was going to try and pull this. That isn't a cardigan he is wearing in MOTB. It is just a button down coat like a sports coat underneath his jacket.
With a shawl collar? I think you're treading on dodgy ground with this one ...
CairoIndy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CairoIndy »

Nati,I want to apologise for the drawing I posted.It was thoughtless of me and if I'd actually stopped to think for one second, I would have seen that it was not appropriate for COW(and actually not even funny).I hope I haven't offended you and that you post lots more pics because your gear looks fantastic.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Satipo wrote:
knibs7 wrote:I knew someone was going to try and pull this. That isn't a cardigan he is wearing in MOTB. It is just a button down coat like a sports coat underneath his jacket.
With a shawl collar? I think you're treading on dodgy ground with this one ...
Come to think of it, it you take away the neck, it kinda looks like a letterman's sweater

NIBS
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

knibs7 wrote:Come to think of it, it you take away the neck, it kinda looks like a letterman's sweater

NIBS
A.K.A. a cardigan! ;-)
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Venkman »

Nati, Great gear! You wear it well. I hope that you do not feel discouraged by the lack of self control displayed by some of the guys on this board.

I've seen it happen on EVERY single prop forum I am a member of and it is the one that gets under my skin the most. Guys, get your hormones in check and grow up already. I'm dead serious. Do you think Indy would behave this way? This is Club Obi Wan, were are supposed to carry ourselves with class and decorum. If we want to dress like a gentlemen in fine clothes and a fedora, then we should act like gentleman, too. These women deserve your respect and admiration for being intelligent, creative,and for taking the hobby seriously and participating. And are attractive to boot. So please, pay them the respect they so rightly deserve.

Nati, and all the other amazing women of COW, I tip my hat to you and say thank you for gracing us with your fine company.
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

Nice pics. What fedora is that ? ;-)
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

i just wouldn't think that Indy would be wearing a 30+ year old sweater or coat. sorry, CARDIGAN

NIBS
naW ibO bulC
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by naW ibO bulC »

Indiana Venkman wrote:Nati, Great gear! You wear it well. I hope that you do not feel discouraged by the lack of self control displayed by some of the guys on this board.

I've seen it happen on EVERY single prop forum I am a member of and it is the one that gets under my skin the most. Guys, get your hormones in check and grow up already. I'm dead serious. Do you think Indy would behave this way? This is Club Obi Wan, were are supposed to carry ourselves with class and decorum. If we want to dress like a gentlemen in fine clothes and a fedora, then we should act like gentleman, too. These women deserve your respect and admiration for being intelligent, creative,and for taking the hobby seriously and participating. And are attractive to boot. So please, pay them the respect they so rightly deserve.

Nati, and all the other amazing women of COW, I tip my hat to you and say thank you for gracing us with your fine company.
Very well said and I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for saying what needed to be said.
Cheers, Jeff
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

knibs7 wrote:First of all, I don't want y'all to think that I am trying to cause arguments, and i DO think the mods do a great job. BUT, when he says "go put on a cardigan young lady," that IS directed only to her. I think we should all just drop the entire topic and move on to what we came to discuss when we joined COW... INDY!

NIBS
Well, when he said "put on a cardigan" he was trying to make a joke. He wasn't trying to put the thread to an end by saying she needs to cover up because it's inappropriate, he was trying to be sarcastic by saying she needs to cover up because, well, it'd be funny. Kinda like when Michaelson invites people to hang out under his plymouth, he doesn't really want us hanging around under his car waiting for him to come talk to us :lol:.

And it's not so much just the subject matter of the comments, I think, but rather the fact that such subject matter is being directed towards a fellow member. When someone makes similar comments about willie scott or marion ravenwood, it's not that big a deal (provided it doesn't go too far) because that's partially the reaction that was intended for us to give. But on the other hand, such reactions to a member (even if they don't go too far) is giving such reactions to a real person, which suggests this is how we talk to each other, which could lead to angry parents. Or in other words, Mom and Dad might not have a problem with their child visiting a forum where people openly admit that they think Willie Scott looked darn good in Temple of Doom, but they might not want them on a forum where people openly admit that they think eachother look darn good, as that could potentially be applied to their child.

But the point is, none of the mods seem to think (or at least those who've responded, and the others don't seem to intend to interfere) that there's a problem with the Topic of the thread, or the content of the original post. They just want the responses that make up the majority of the thread to be made with a little more self control. So NatiJones, please don't leave, it's always great to have another female around here who actually cares about screen accurate gear. If that truly describes part of you, then this is definatley the kind of place for you to express that interest :D

-KB 8)
moviematt1989
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by moviematt1989 »

Come on guys and girls,

This is all kinda funny if you can step back from the whole 'ordeal' and see the ridiculousness of it all. It's funny. It's TBS funny.

There's no reason anybody should be running away in tears or w/e, it just got out of hand. Delete the thread or something and just laugh at ourselves.

It's not very often you get much humor on COW either.

Matt
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

moviematt1989 wrote: It's not very often you get much humor on COW either.
Realy? I think you should read more of Bink's posts ;-) :BD:

Regards, Geert
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I resent that. In no way am I funny or do I joke. Ev-er. :P
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

binkmeisterRick wrote:I resent that. In no way am I funny or do I joke. Ev-er. :P
Need another coffee Bink?
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Hey, Nati. Do you remember where you got your MK VII? That particular make (and others similar) seem to be the most SA across the four films. Cheers.
NatiJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by NatiJones »

******** Clarification********

1) I'm not mad/upset at the comments nor did I think it was geared towards me but I felt responsible b/c I posted the photos that caused the comments.
2) I'm not leaving COW b/c then I'd have to talk to the birds about Indy and well then I’d be locked up in a padded room
3) I understood the humor in the cardigan but as a woman you can't help but take it the wrong way at first
4) Thank you for the comments on the gear!
5) THANK YOU ADMINISTRATORS!!! For the work that y'all do !!!

******Finally*******

The fedora is AB :) :) :) :) :)

NATI
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Thanks again for sharing your gear with us. That is what COW is all about. As a man I'd like to apologize for all the knuckle draggers in here that can't behave themselves in the presense of a woman.
Keep up the good work.
Last edited by TheMechanic on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

TheMechanic wrote:Thanks agin for sharing your gear with us. That is what COW is all about. As a man I'd like to apologize for all the knuckle draggers in here that can't behave themselves in the presense of a woman.
Keep up the good work.
Same. I'm embarassed.
NatiJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by NatiJones »

conceited_ape wrote:
TheMechanic wrote:Thanks agin for sharing your gear with us. That is what COW is all about. As a man I'd like to apologize for all the knuckle draggers in here that can't behave themselves in the presense of a woman.
Keep up the good work.
Same. I'm embarassed.

NO! NO! Don't be embarrassed just from now on keep it rated PG!?! I totally enjoyed reading the comments and they were no way offensive to me!
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Thanks for being a good sport about all of it. Some people probably would have run away by now!
Stick around and have some fun. This is a good bunch of folks.
It's good having you here.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Ya Nati, I would like to apologize on behalf of my gender. Thanks for sharing your gear with us :)

NIBS
NatiJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by NatiJones »

I. Wore a cardigan the other day.. I frightened people

so Natijones will not be replicated Jones as previously mentioned in the young Indiana Jones series.

Sorry to disapoint y'all :(
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa!!! WOW!!! :)
JTW.
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

Awesome outfit! I love the fem versions of these traditionally male characters. This one in particular is better than the old femtroopers you see over at the RPF. I can't see the idea as a two way street though (I shudder to think of a male version of the Marion dress....)
And great Mark VII bag too, thanks for the photo ref. I got a Magnoli bag the other day and thought the colour was a bit off until I saw your genuine one. Cheers
Alkali Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alkali Jones »

Hey all,

Does all this mean NatiJones, that you won't post a picture with the leather jacket, too?

Dan S
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Looks good to me,too :tup:
:whip: :notworthy: