first post and a question about wested

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

first post and a question about wested

Post by tucolino »

hi to all.impressive forum :o :o .beeing lurking arround for the last month,and then decided to become a member.
it´s funny but last month i didn´t have any indy gear,and right now i´m waiting for a fed 4 hat,and the bag

well, i also want to get a raiders jacket from wested, and i placed my order like 4 or 5 times,but somehow after the paypal cnfirmation is aproved,wested reject my order.
i send them emails,but no respose
has anyone of you got problems with your orders to wested??

thanks in advance
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

No, I didn't but I used a visa bank card,went through right away. what kind of jacket did you order and what was the hide type. welcome also.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: first post and a question about wested

Post by Indiana Strones »

tucolino wrote: it´s funny but last month i didn´t have any indy gear,and right now i´m waiting for a fed 4 hat,and the bag
Welcome in the madness!
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

missed that you said Raiders sorry about that.
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

yeah,pretty madness.i forgot to leave my credit card outside!

well i go for a rider jacket off the rack , size 40.
anyhow probably i will go for a cutom one, since i saw pictures of the Novapelle, and look absolute gorgeous!

thanks for the wellcome
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to do your research about getting a perfect fit, since the first Wested is a special experience, usually followed by "now what changes can I do to get a better fit..." :D

I'd probably call them up and find out directly. It would be kind of scary if there was a server glitch, and all 4 orders actually go through! ...Or not, I suppose... ;) Also gives you a chance to talk to the legend himself!
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

lol :D , no castor, i recived a mail from them telling me that my orders were all faliures.
yep,probably i will call them.after all it´s better the personal touch when it comes to custom clothes
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: first post and a question about wested

Post by Zombie Jones »

tucolino wrote:it´s funny but last month i didn´t have any indy gear,and right now i´m waiting for a fed 4 hat,and the bag
Welcome Tucolino!

That's how I started. I found this forum a couple of months ago after seeing Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and deciding to finally get the hat I wanted ever since I saw Raiders for the first time in 1981. Just the hat. Now I have an Akubra Fed IV, a Wested custom Raiders jacket, a Todd's Costumes Mk VII bag and strap (with a shirt, holster, and whip holster on order), two cheap S&W 1917 replicas, a pair of Wells Lamont gloves, and a gunbelt. :shock: The admiration of, and desire to obtain, Indy gear as demonstrated on this forum is contagious!
Doeindy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Essex, England (Ole U.K.) were the rain forever falls. 29 mins down the road from Wested leather!

Post by Doeindy »

I can see you live in Spain. Maybe a phone call call sort this problem out. The Time difference should not be to much of a problem and the cost of the call should be better than phoning from the States.

That is what I would do. Peter is a good guy and I am sure will will help you sort this out and have a bit of understanding of what has happened.

Paul.
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

sorry for not replying,but i went on vacation to france for a week and just arrived.

thanks for advice,i will call peter on monday,and try to solve it.

also, i got a notice from postal service,seems my hat just arrived last week,good news before going to work again after a beautifil week on hossegor doing nothing but surfing.

and yes!!!i can feel the indy gear fever on me,just ordered an A.B hat C.S style,my credit card is shaking lol
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

you'll love your wested, I love mone got to wear twice since I got it and just feels so right. I know what you mean about newbie and dropping some cash, I went from in June having nothing and now, a wested jacket,close ehough shirt,2 bags,2 hats,boots, sweater from the tv show,and making my own block for a fedora and bought a flange to make one too. I's just so addicting I love it.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Wested is a great choice - and you will now see how quickly your money will disappear in this crazy hobby. You've come for the gear, and stay for the people... :)