Todds Indy shirt(PICS ADDED)

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

RobocopIndy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RobocopIndy »

My shirt, web belt, & gloves were originally scheduled for 7/11, but now re-scheduled for 7/14. At least it's on the way! :D
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

My shirt was rescheduled as well. Supposed to arrive Friday, now coming Monday. No worries, I'm just glad it's almost here. :)
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

finally got a shipping notice. suppose to arrive monday but its in town today, maybe ill get luck and they'll deliver it early [-o<
Best Regards,
Joe
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

Tron7960 wrote:I received my Small shirt from Todd today and it's fantastic.

Unfortunately, Small is way too small for me. I went with S as my Medium Wested is huge. So...I will be ordering a Medium from Todd, and my Wife just got her first piece of Indy Gear!
Okay, so my small came a few days ago. Looks like an excellent shirt. But, although I usually find small shirts way too baggy, Todd's small is quite tight. He is going to replace the shirt, and at the present, I am contemplating large...
I could barely get mine buttoned. Now, here's the nice part, even though it would barely button, I noticed that it was a consistent shape all the way down. (i.e. if it barely buttoned at the chest, it was the same at the waist, so I am very happy to find it is a nice contour.

Anyway, I guess that I'm in for another wait, but I am certainly impressed with what I've seen.
Can't wait to get the correct size, and try it out on an adventure.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I'll get my shirt tomorrow. I got a small I just hope it isn't too small.
Best Regards,
Joe
Scott63
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Scott63 »

Tennessee R wrote:
Tron7960 wrote:I received my Small shirt from Todd today and it's fantastic.

Unfortunately, Small is way too small for me. I went with S as my Medium Wested is huge. So...I will be ordering a Medium from Todd, and my Wife just got her first piece of Indy Gear!
Okay, so my small came a few days ago. Looks like an excellent shirt. But, although I usually find small shirts way too baggy, Todd's small is quite tight. He is going to replace the shirt, and at the present, I am contemplating large...
I could barely get mine buttoned. Now, here's the nice part, even though it would barely button, I noticed that it was a consistent shape all the way down. (i.e. if it barely buttoned at the chest, it was the same at the waist, so I am very happy to find it is a nice contour.

Anyway, I guess that I'm in for another wait, but I am certainly impressed with what I've seen.
Can't wait to get the correct size, and try it out on an adventure.
Wow, it doesn't seem like Todd's size small shirt should fit that much tighter than other size small shirts. I'm a 42 Reg with a 36 inch waist and typically wear a size large shirt (XL in some brands). I have a Todd's large and it fits just right. Since the shirt is cut to give a trim appearance, it's certainly not baggy but I still have plenty of room around my chest and mid-section. I'd have to go with an XL if I wanted it to fit like most large shirts, but it's interesting that you may have to go up two sizes to get one to fit.

Scott
gi_canuck
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by gi_canuck »

I got mine in a couple days ago... I'll get some pics posted as soon as I get my new camera!!
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mannie Bothans »

WinstonWolf359 wrote:My shirt was rescheduled as well. Supposed to arrive Friday, now coming Monday. No worries, I'm just glad it's almost here. :)
Ditto. Rescheduled to Monday and happy.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Scott63 wrote:I'm a 42 Reg with a 36 inch waist and typically wear a size large shirt (XL in some brands). I have a Todd's large and it fits just right. Since the shirt is cut to give a trim appearance, it's certainly not baggy but I still have plenty of room around my chest and mid-section. I'd have to go with an XL if I wanted it to fit like most large shirts, but it's interesting that you may have to go up two sizes to get one to fit.

Scott
Hmmm...I'm a 44 Long with a 34 inch waist, and I just ordered an XL from Todd's. I'll have to wait a while, but I hope it fits. Image
RobocopIndy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RobocopIndy »

I got my shirt, belt and gloves today. Everything's great, but I'll have to be careful with the shirt. It's XXL, but fits like an XL, which is fine, but I'd hate for it to shrink to a L size.
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

Hoo boy, no kidding! I just received my XXL today too, and yes, these DO run pretty small.

In my case the XXL fits like a very small XL, and the length in the body isn't very proportional to the length of the sleeves. There's plenty of sleeve length, but the body barely makes it to my waist. It'll tuck in (barely), but I doubt it'll stay that way if I lift my arms...

I'm afraid to get this shirt wet, let alone wash it. What a disappointment.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

WinstonWolf359 wrote:Hoo boy, no kidding! I just received my XXL today too, and yes, these DO run pretty small.

In my case the XXL fits like a very small XL, and the length in the body isn't very proportional to the length of the sleeves. There's plenty of sleeve length, but the body barely makes it to my waist. It'll tuck in (barely), but I doubt it'll stay that way if I lift my arms...

Winston. How tall are you ? I wear a xl to XXl depending on manufacture. I changed to a XXL and am hoping it will fit me? I am 6-2" with long arms. [-o<
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

Cowboy wrote:
WinstonWolf359 wrote:Hoo boy, no kidding! I just received my XXL today too, and yes, these DO run pretty small.

Winston. How tall are you ? I wear a xl to XXl depending on manufacture. I changed to a XXL and am hoping it will fit me? I am 6-2" with long arms. [-o<
This has always been a problem for me, as I am 6'2" with very long arms, but not only that, I am an athletic build, so to get the correct torso size typically means that the sleeves will not fit. I have to get my shirts custom-tailored to get my sleeves to fit, but it shouldn't be a problem with the Indy shirt, because I typically roll them up anyways.

But, it appears that some have had the same discovery as me, the shirts are about 1 to 1 1/2 sizes smaller than their posted size.

I am definitely going to try the large.
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

I'm 6'2, but my arm length runs more toward a regular than a long. I'd say you long armed guys will probably like the sleeve length, but the body length is a bit lacking. Unless you can get your pants up to Crystal Skull heights, anyway... :lol:
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

WinstonWolf359 wrote:I'm 6'2, but my arm length runs more toward a regular than a long. I'd say you long armed guys will probably like the sleeve length, but the body length is a bit lacking. Unless you can get your pants up to Crystal Skull heights, anyway... :lol:
Sleeve length is fine....body, a tad on the short side. I will throw her into the wash and then wait to see.

Todd, looks like you are off to a great start. Great materials and look. Please consider a Tall sizes for those of us who are big-boys. Other than that, thanks for getting this done and at a fair price. :clap:
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Got my small shirt.It fits like a dream. Ill post some pics after I get it out of the wash.I also got my distressed gloves, see my other post, and my bag strap for my magnoli bag.
Best Regards,
Joe
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

Williams, do be sure to post a photo as soon as you get it washed.
I'm anxious to see as many as possible after they have been washed, to get the full effect.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I dont have a photo of it at the moment but I will say atleast in my case if you wash it on the delicate settings it wont shrink.Ill get some photos up tomorrow.
Best Regards,
Joe
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

XL too short on me too

Post by JC1972 »

I just got my XL after waiting 2 months and its kinda small but doable. I'm 6'3, 200 lbs. I may order a XXL. I would've went with the WPG shirt but was told to stay away due to their irregularities.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Im having trouble getting pics up but when I can Ill post them. I will however give my review of the shirt. The only thing I have to compare it to is my cabelas stone safari.First off comparing the two is like comparing a BMW to a honda civic. its like night and day. the fit is great. the cabelas tended to balloon out at the waist while the todds has a more tapered cut. the color is darker but from watching raiders id say it is the color. as far as it shrinking from washing, what i did was wash it on delicate. doing so resulted in no shrinkage. Im expecting a wested shirt when that arrives Ill be able to give a better comparison. Ill get those pics up ASAP.
Best Regards,
Joe
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: XL too short on me too

Post by Henry Jones III »

JC1972 wrote:I just got my XL after waiting 2 months and its kinda small but doable. I'm 6'3, 200 lbs. I may order a XXL.
Odd, I have an XL and I'm 6' and over 200lbs and it almost feels too large.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Henry Jones III wrote:
JC1972 wrote:I just got my XL after waiting 2 months and its kinda small but doable. I'm 6'3, 200 lbs. I may order a XXL.
Odd, I have an XL and I'm 6' and over 200lbs and it almost feels too large.
I guess that shows how irregular theirs are too. Most reviews I see is that the sizes run small. Mine is snug and kinda short but leaves no room for shrinkage. Sleeves are fine though.
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Playmount »

I just received my UPS shipping notice for my medium shirt and I should have it tomorrow. I can hardly believe it! Very excited to finally see this thing. I just rewarded Todd by ordering another $80 worth of gear... a holster and belt, my final pieces for the costume.

Thanks Todd!
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

[quote="JC1972 Mine is snug and kinda short but leaves no room for shrinkage. Sleeves are fine though.[/quote]

Agreed. While the body is not near as short as some I have experienced, it needs to be continulay tucked in, which I hate. I will wash it tonight and see if anything changes. Todd, I like the shirt. It looks great. I have been getting quite a few extra glances. (Hope it's not my ugliness lol ) Will you be making these in longs next go around?
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I recieved a shipping notice yesterday from Todd's and another one today which can only meen I thing, My Todd's med. shirt has finally shipped. I currently have two orders with Todd, the med. shirt ordered May 14, and a new large brown web belt and deluxe gun belt ordered over the weekend. Once I recieve these items the only peice of ROTLA gear that I will not have at least one of is the pocket knife. Granted I already have a replacement bull whip on order from purewhips.com and a replacement jacket on order from Wested in the Novapelle hide.
SankaraRaider
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by SankaraRaider »

Finally! My Medium shipped out yesterday! : D
I'm so excited to see it and try it on, been waiting soo long for this shirt! Along with a bag strap and web belt..

Too bad the holster I ordered is out of stock : /
Stinky Dragon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Stinky Dragon »

I got a shipping notice for my Medium as well! Yippee!!!
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Will you be making these in longs next go around?
Actually, yeah, looking at it (the XL) untucked, it could do with being a little longer.

The epaulettes could also do with being shorter. That's basically the only thing that bugs me about the shirt.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Henry Jones III wrote:
Will you be making these in longs next go around?
Actually, yeah, looking at it (the XL) untucked, it could do with being a little longer.

The epaulettes could also do with being shorter. That's basically the only thing that bugs me about the shirt.
I wondered if they were SA or not. Agreed that they look about 1/3 longer than expected, but is it SA?
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Cowboy wrote:I wondered if they were SA or not. Agreed that they look about 1/3 longer than expected, but is it SA?
I'm fairly certain that The Last Crusade and Crystal Skull ones are very short, with the button being on the pleats. The Raiders ones are longer. I think relative to the shirt, they are Raiders 'length' in that the start and end in the right place, but the bit inbetween is too long IMO. I'm considering getting them shortened to Crystal Skull length and stitched to the main body of the short to prevent them looping when you raise an arm.
Rambler
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

I have to agree

Post by Rambler »

:( Unfortunately, I must agree.
I too just received my Todd's order containing, among other things, a XXL shirt.
Typically, this size in an ordinary shirt, is big in the waist for me. But, the Todd's shirt is very narrow in the waist for a XXL as well as being just barely big enough in the shoulders and chest.
You can always take in by tailoring a too big in the waist shirt. But, you cannot let one out to a bigger size since the fabric simply is not there to do it. This seems to be a common trend of late in overseas vendors. The size they are patterning to seems to be the numerical size (or the converted equivalent from general sizes such as S M L XL) EXACTLY, without adding any extra for ease of fit. in other words, if you wear a size 42 for example, it is up to you to figure out what ACTUAL measured chest size of a garment that fits you is and order that. (which for this example might be anywhere from 44 to 48 or M through XL depending upon the vendor).
For this shirt, the letter size is between 1 and 2 sizes too small depending upon your build.
I would say if you are slim, order one size bigger and if you are thicker and or muscular or proportionately wider in the shoulders, go 2 sizes up if you intend to wear it for general use.

Also, as stated before, the length is really quite short; if you are over say the 5'10" to 5'11" range in height, the body length will be too short to stay tucked in.

I am curious if after all of the time it took to get the sewing contractor and pattern subcontractor on line if it is even worth trying to fix this in future production runs. How many of us really need the longer and or bigger sizes and are we better off just getting them individually tailored :?:
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

At this point I'm unfortunately left with Magnoli as my only option, as the Wested shirts ran small and I don't care for the color, and now Todd's shirts are also too small, even though the color and style are great.

I know I could stand to lose a few pounds, but man, I didn't realize I was THAT big...
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

WinstonWolf359 wrote:Todd's shirts are also too small, even though the color and style are great.
I was hoping it would be a wee bit lighter.

After I've had the epaulettes altered, I'm considering dying it.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

why are you altering the epualettes?

they are raiders length...or are you gonna make a LC/CS out of it?

Holt
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Indiana Holt wrote:why are you altering the epualettes?

they are raiders length...or are you gonna make a LC/CS out of it?
Yeah, because the shoulders are too broad (for me) the epaulettes start and end in the right place as but the actual length is uncomfortably long and draw attention to themselves.

I also prefer the shorter ones from Last Crusade anyway.
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Aeris_Canon wrote:Henry, Rambler, Winston, let's see some pics of the shirt being worn in order to see the problem areas of "the shirt".

I'm sure they'll be very helpful for anyone who might share the same body types.

Holt, aren't you 6'1? Does the shirt tuck in?
I'm 6' and I have no problems with tucking in. It is a wee bit short, but it stays tucked in for me.

Epaulettes:

I do have a size smaller on the way, which is why I'm okay with messing about with the one pictured.
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

Here's a couple pics of the shirt right out of the bag. You can see how much the sleeves bunch up on me because I don't have super long arms.

I didn't take any pics after I wet the shirt and hung it up to dry, because after that it had shrunk enough to make the buttons strain to close. Not a pretty sight... :lol:
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

I'm not complaining about the sleeves, I was simply pointing them out. The problem is I'm sucking in my gut as much as possible in these pics and the shirt is still awfully snug through my midsection.

Once I had soaked the shirt in cold water and hung it dry the shirt it would barely button up at all. I don't mind a close to the body fit, but not one that creates a possibility of me shooting a button across the room... :)
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

This seems to be a common trend of late in overseas vendors. The size they are patterning to seems to be the numerical size (or the converted equivalent from general sizes such as S M L XL) EXACTLY, without adding any extra for ease of fit.
These were patterned, graded, and manufactured in the USA by established companies. The measurements fall within standard size ranges, although on the smaller end of the size range. Mass-market manufacturers generally choose oversize, roomy cuts.

I'm sorry for you whom the shirts don't fit well. For years, members complained that no one offered a trim-fitting shirt. My, how things change.

I did not intentionally make the shirt snug - I re-created a shirt that was custom cut for Harrison Ford when he was 40ish and in great shape. I did this with the aid of one of his actual shirts. I copied the dimensions literally because I wanted to make as screen-accurate a Raiders shirt as I could, whether it turned out to be baggy or tight or inbetween.

Oh, and as to the short tails - now you know why Ford's shirt was often untucked!

I'm sorry for you who are disappointed with the fit. There's no way one cut will fit every shape and look like a Raiders shirt. It's not just a matter of size, it's the CUT. Please don't be mad at me. That's just the way it is.

Perhaps down the road I can offer a variety of cuts - wide, long, etc, but I kind of doubt it - not in the small quantities I sell.

I just wanted to explain.

Todd
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

Hi Todd,

I'm certainly not mad at all. I understand you needed to make choices on how your shirts would fit and you did it. It's much better that you came up with a plan and made it happen instead of allowing yourself to get bogged down in endless debate and discussion and never actually make anything.

In spite of all of the factory issues you had you set out to make a great Indy shirt and I think you succeeded very well. Of course I'm disappointed that your shirt isn't for me, but I kinda had a sinking feeling even before it arrived these weren't for the big and tall crowd. I'm glad you didn't go the What Price Glory route and make khaki pup tents.

So I'm sad one of your shirts isn't part of my gear, but I still give you 100% support for being a stand up guy that makes great products, gives great customer service, and is always trying harder to make an admittedly tough crowd happy.
Cavalcade
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Cavalcade »

Henry Jones III wrote: Epaulettes:

I do have a size smaller on the way, which is why I'm okay with messing about with the one pictured.
This very artistic photo is exactly how I hope my medium will look on me when it arrives. I wouldn't change them at all.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Cavalcade I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Todd's Med shirt tomorrow as well.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Puppetboy wrote: I'm sorry for you whom the shirts don't fit well. For years, members complained that no one offered a trim-fitting shirt. My, how things change.

I did not intentionally make the shirt snug - I re-created a shirt that was custom cut for Harrison Ford when he was 40ish and in great shape. I did this with the aid of one of his actual shirts. I copied the dimensions literally because I wanted to make as screen-accurate a Raiders shirt as I could, whether it turned out to be baggy or tight or inbetween.

Oh, and as to the short tails - now you know why Ford's shirt was often untucked!

I'm sorry for you who are disappointed with the fit. There's no way one cut will fit every shape and look like a Raiders shirt. It's not just a matter of size, it's the CUT. Please don't be mad at me. That's just the way it is.

Todd
Todd, I hear where you are coming from. But with that said, is it not obvious that the MAJORITY of folks who are NOT Ford's size (i.e. Bigger/fatter I am both) will not fit into a "trimmer cut" and as such accomodate accordingly? Your website even eluded to that fact for the XL and XXL sizes. We know we are big and can't look like Ford. Some of us just like an acurate looking shirt. You did a great job me thinks. My XXL fits great except for the length of the tails. which is too short! The sleeves are perfect. If you were to make the next batch XXL with 2" longer tails, I would but again in a heart beat! Don't get too discouraged fella!
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Todd's make great stuff...no doubt about it.....great value for the money........but Thank God for Magnoli who can make a custom Indy shirt that will fit ANYBODY. I just LOVE mine! :D
Scott63
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Scott63 »

Todd, I couldn’t be happier with the fit of my shirt. You made it clear on your website that the shirt is cut to provide a trim fit, so I certainly didn’t expect it to fit otherwise. Obviously the pattern isn’t for everyone, but there are other shirts that offer a more traditional cut. For me your shirt fits just right. Thanks for bringing it to the market.

Scott
Cavalcade
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Cavalcade »

Anyone received their medium shirt yet, and care to comment on the fit?

Still waiting for mine - the tracker says it was shipped on the 16th and last scanned in LA on the 18th - not too worried yet as I'm in the UK, but can anyone testify as to how long items can take to arrive ?

cheers
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

This is my new shirt.

I PM'd Indy Falco to get his comments after owning for a while...

It seems like he and I are very close in size to one another, so after a wash, what happens?

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

To Todd: EXCELLENT SHIRT!!! I am grateful you took the original and duplicated it exactly. Look out for my order here in a few days/weks (pending Indy Falco's reply to me).

Thanks to everyone else for posting your pictures. This looks great!
indyfyfe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by indyfyfe »

WinstonWolf359 wrote: Image
Hey Winston Wolf,
What is the LAPD badge and ID on your table? Looks like a dragent badge, but can't tell. Any shots of that?

Brad
Dr. Banzai
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

It finally came!

Post by Dr. Banzai »

Just got my Medium shirt today. Wow it looks great! All I can say is almost everybody should probably go up a size. I am 5'10", 160 lbs and it barely fits my 39 reg chest and 32 waist. But the look is awesome! Very happy, now I just have to make sure my wife doesn't wash it, if it shrinks at all, it'll be done.
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

I spoke with IndyFalco today via PM and it sounds like the Large will fit me perfectly.

Also, I spoke with Todd (today, on the phone) and he indicated the new batch of shirts are coming from a new maker, with new material, that (according to his words) is "double washed" to reduce shrinkage.

I will be ordering a Large for myself here shortly. If it doesn't shrink, it will be perfect. BUT, I HAVE to wash it! I will be sweating in it regularly, so this is a concern.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they didn't already... :wink: