Todds Indy shirt(PICS ADDED)

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Todds Indy shirt(PICS ADDED)

Post by Indiana Williams »

I just got off the phone with Todds and I was told the small and xxl shirts will be arriving at there shop tomorrow. just thought id pass along the word.
Best Regards,
Joe
Last edited by Indiana Williams on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Did he say anything about the Mediums?
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

The woman I spoke to only mentioned small and xxl.
rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbinko2001 »

I also emailed him the other day about the XL's, he said they should ship by the end of this week, or at the latest July 7th. I hope they don't get pushed back anymore....
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I just got a shipping notification for my size small from Todd!! It says it should be arriving tomorrow!!! :shock: :shock:

Shane
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

Hey Shane, when did you order yours?

I put in my order today for a small, and called him. He indicated he didn't have the small shirts yet, but would have them in a day or so.

Also, I'm taking a chance ordering small, but I didn't want to wait for medium.
Have you tried one of his before, and how do they fit?
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I ordered mine sometime last month. It's possible that he recieved the shirts after you called him - the email with the shipping notification is timestamped 5pm local time. He may have gotten them late in the afternoon, and rushed out to ship as many as he could. I don't think though that if you ordered today, you could get in on this run. If I'm not mistaken, he only has so many coming, and he's going to switch companies because these guys have been consistently late in delivering.

I haven't had one of his shirts before though, so I can't comment on that.

Although they do look freaking amazing...

Shane
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

I've got you,
So more than likely, he's getting a new shipment of them in a few days, and that will be the batch that I'll be getting.

I will have to agree about the photos looking excellent.
My biggest issue in buying his shirt, was:

#1 The best price of anyone I could find. (Keep it up, Todd)

#2 The website says that the shirts are cut a bit slimmer in the waist. (BIG issue for me on all my shirts)
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

I just got my shipping notification for my small shirt!!!! Well, the email was from 6 hours ago, but I just saw it!! This makes me happy.
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Playmount »

Todd, when you have a free moment during this shipping pandemonium :lol: : can you tell us what's going on with the mediums? Sounds like you're getting and shipping everything but mediums.

I'm happy for everyone who ordered a small, (or XXL) but aren't those still listed as pre-order? Didn't the mediums sell out a few weeks ago? I was under the impression that you were getting shipments from the factory as each size sold out and the order fulfilled.

Large: SOLD OUT - Shipped
Medium: SOLD OUT - Not Shipped? <--------
XLarge: SOLD OUT - Shipped*
Small: PRE-ORDER - Shipped
XXLarge: PRE-ORDER - Shipping Soon

*Edited to reflect gi_canuck's info.
Last edited by Playmount on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gi_canuck
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by gi_canuck »

Mines are XLs... and they just got shipped today!! Yippee!!
Dr. Banzai
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Mediums

Post by Dr. Banzai »

Got an e-mail from Todd today, gave me an ETA of mid-July for shipment of the Medium shirt I ordered. I can't wait from what everyone who has one says it should be great.
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Mid July for the Mediums? That's cool. I'm glad Todd is going to a new company. These people who made these shirts have their heads where the sun don't shine. :?

But from what I've seen, Todd has done a great job!
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Playmount »

So, another two weeks for the mediums, it seems. Well... like many others, I've waited two months, so what's another two weeks? I guess the next question is, will these be a 1.0 (made by the old factory) or a 2.0 shirt (the new)? If the consensus here is that the new fabric from the new factory is considered more Raiders screen accurate in color (like those shirts seen during the daylight Kairouan scenes), I would hope to benefit from the change in factories, especially considering the longer wait. At this point, I would rather just have the best fitting, most SA shirt possible... not the fastest shirt possible.

Whatever the case, thanks for making these great looking shirts, Todd... and at such a good price for those of us in the U.S. 8)
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Last edited by Cowboy on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Mississippi Jones wrote:These people who made these shirts have their heads where the sun don't shine. :?
...the Well of the Souls? :wink:

Shane
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

I ordered yesterday, and got my shipped confirmation today.
Can't wait. I've got to see about the size, as shirts fit me oddly, and I have really long arms (Though I usually keep my Indy shirts rolled up).

Anyway, anxiously awaiting it's arrival, along with a couple of web-belts.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I also received my anxiously awaited shipping notice! Small on the way!
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Well, mine was supposed to show up yesterday, but the delivery has been rescheduled to Monday - guess it started moving too late to get here on time. Oh well!! Maybe it'll show up with my AB?

Shane
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Mine is supposedly going to be here in 4 days. Let's see if that happens.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Still waiting on my shipping notice... :-
Rambler
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

still waiting

Post by Rambler »

I ordered a xxl plus several other items at the beginning of June. I hope the shipping notice appears Monday.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

I ordered a medium shirt on 18 May. Still waiting... :roll:
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Have they run out of Large for good?
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

PSBIndy wrote:Have they run out of Large for good?
According to the site, "Sizes "Large", "Medium" and "XLarge" are sold out and we won't have more until mid-summer."
elstevo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by elstevo »

Zombie Jones wrote: "until mid-summer."
....which is quickly approaching.....:hmm:
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

XL ordered on May 20 -- no word yet.

Post by Mannie Bothans »

Indiana Strones wrote:I ordered a medium shirt on 18 May. Still waiting... :roll:
I ordered an XL shirt, and a web belt, and a bag strap, and gun belt on May 20. I haven't received any word about any of these items so far, except one e-mail right after I ordered everything saying that the website was wrong and that the gun belt was actually out of stock and that I would need to be refunded the cost of the gun belt.

I still haven't received the refund, the web belt, the bag strap, or the shirt.
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: XL ordered on May 20 -- no word yet.

Post by Playmount »

Mannie Bothans wrote:
Indiana Strones wrote:I ordered a medium shirt on 18 May. Still waiting... :roll:
I ordered an XL shirt, and a web belt, and a bag strap, and gun belt on May 20. I haven't received any word about any of these items so far, except one e-mail right after I ordered everything saying that the website was wrong and that the gun belt was actually out of stock and that I would need to be refunded the cost of the gun belt.

I still haven't received the refund, the web belt, the bag strap, or the shirt.
I'm sorry to hear that, and I sympathize. Many of us are in the same boat as far as the shirt goes. I ordered a medium on April 29th! The irony is he offered me the chance of pre-pre-ordering a large shirt before he even listed them on his site and I turned him down. In retrospect I should have taken his offer. The shirt may have shrank enough to fit me well by now.

I've never needed a refund from Todd, so I can't speak to that... but as far as my other orders with him, over the course of the last 6-8 months I've ordered a jacket, web belt, budget gun belt, strap buckle and bullwhip. All of these items were fulfilled and delivered promptly. It is only this darn shirt that seems to have gone terribly wrong.

Due to my past dealings with him I'm inclined to believe him when he says the factory was the cause of the delays, since he seems to have no problem sending me stuff he has in stock. The only thing I can complain about is the fact that he's had my $63.57 for two months and counting and I've got bupkis. If there were some way to pre-order up front, then order through Paypal when he gets the shirts in... like sending us a link to pay in an email with our order number... that would have been better.

He obviously saw an opening to make a bunch of money before the new film came out without actually having a product in stock. To be fair, he delivered to those who ordered a large.

In retrospect, he probably should have allowed pre-orders for large only.
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

As I know Todd makes occasional appearances here - Todd, can you please update us on the status of the shirts? I see your last post was on June 27th when you mentioned that the next batch was due in on July 2, and you were pushing to get them out a few days later. Please let us know how things look. Thanks.

-Craig
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I just got my small about an hour ago! I threw it in the washer right away. :lol: I'll post a review in another thread, since this one seems more about when they're going out / coming in - not to mention it's not my thread. :wink:

Shane
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

McFly wrote:I just got my small about an hour ago! I threw it in the washer right away. :lol: I'll post a review in another thread, since this one seems more about when they're going out / coming in - not to mention it's not my thread. :wink:

Shane
Thanks, Shane. Good to know. Out of curiousity, when did you place your order? This may be a mute point as it seems the shipment depends on the sizes. I ordered a Medium on April 30th and am still awaiting my shipment, like Playmount. :-

-Craig
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I'm pretty sure I ordered sometime in May... :? Sorry to hear yours hasn't shipped!

Shane
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

McFly wrote:not to mention it's not my thread. :wink:

Shane
No worries buddy, Im glad you got your shirt. I look forward to getting mine.
Best Regards,
Joe
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I just didn't want to do any thread hi-jacking! :wink:

Shane
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Here's what happened:
Believe it or not, it was exactly one year ago today that I contacted the manufacturer about the shirt. We picked out fabric, I sent them a sample, they sent me a counter sample which wasn't quite right. I asked for a few changes, they sent me another counter sample which wasn't quite right. I decided I had to do the patterning myself, so I went back to square one, studied shirtmaking, studied the film, and began making prototypes. After five months of prototypes, I was finally finished with the pattern. As I mentioned, I also had some measurements from a screen-used shirt to help settle my mind that my proportions and details were right. This was March 1, 2008. March 20, 2008 I get a countersample from the manufacturer that was terrible. The manufacturer called in a third-party pattern maker to help set up the patterns for them. April 28, the factory tells me the shirts will be finished in three weeks.

I wasn't going to take pre-orders, but so many people asked me to pre-order the shirt that I gave in. I started taking order on April 29th or thereabouts. All of the shirts were supposed to be finished and delivered by the fourth week of May. The factory cuts the size larges first. The pattern maker goes to a convention, then a vacation. The patterns for the other sizes aren't even done until the last week of May! The factory bumps my job in favor of other, larger orders. Then they can't find buttons. Then they run out of labels. Their cutting machine goes down and they have to buy a new one. The new one doesn't work. The technicians work on the machine for a week (its a $140,000 machine). Here we are, July 7, and I'm still waiting for the size mediums to be delivered (they said they were shipping them last week, but I've learned not to believe a word they say).

I'm really sorry to all of you guys who have had to wait so long. I know you are anxious to get your shirts. Demand this year has been tremendous and we can't keep up, so long waits are the story this year. We've had long waits on everything... hats, bag straps, holsters, you name it.

The lesson in this is that I probably won't take pre-orders on ANYTHING anymore. Of course, the wait time for other stuff - Gladiator, Xena, are always in the four to six week range, sometimes much more, and those are always "pre-orders". I've had one poor guy waiting for a pair of boots for about four months now while I've been making bag straps.

For those of you who are waiting on shirts, all but the size "medium" are in and shipping as fast as we can. The mediums should be along any day now. Hopefully, in a few days everyone will be happy.

Todd
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Todd - thank you for your continued effort to aim for first class customer service and screen accuracy. Your dedication and excellent customer service is not unnoticed (at least by me, but I'm sure I speak for much more of us!) and I want you to know that I appreciate what you're doing, even if I already have my shirt - which by the way is absolutely stellar! :wink:

Thank you for your continued devotion!

Many thanks,
Shane
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Todd, I just sent you an e-mail regarding an eBay auction I stumbled upon this morning. The seller, costumebase, (listing their location as Singapore) are clearly using the photo of your "Adventure shirt" that's posted on your site. If you have not granted permission to them, I would certainly take action. It infuriates me to see someone's hard work ripped off with a simple right-click.

To all buyers, beware.

-Craig
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: XL ordered on May 20 -- no word yet.

Post by Mannie Bothans »

Playmount wrote:Over the course of the last 6-8 months I've ordered a jacket, web belt, budget gun belt, strap buckle and bullwhip. All of these items were fulfilled and delivered promptly. It is only this darn shirt that seems to have gone terribly wrong. Due to my past dealings with him I'm inclined to believe him when he says the factory was the cause of the delays.
I agree. I ordered a holster from him (in a separate order) and it was shipped SUPER expediently. I just wish I would have ordered the shirt seperately from the strap, web belt, and gun belt. When Todd first notified me in May that the gun belt was out of stock, I bought one from Gerry Deer. Today I got an email from Todd the the belt is now back in stock and it is shipping with my order.
Puppetboy wrote:For those of you who are waiting on shirts, all but the size "medium" are in and shipping as fast as we can. The mediums should be along any day now. Hopefully, in a few days everyone will be happy.
Thanks, Todd.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Still no sign of shipping notice from Todd.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I havent gotten my shipping notice yet but I recieved an email saying my shirt will be shipping tommorow. Maybe I'll have it by Friday.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Indiana Williams wrote:I havent gotten my shipping notice yet but I recieved an email saying my shirt will be shipping tommorow. Maybe I'll have it by Friday.
Yet another day and still.............................Nothing. I can not say that I am surprised. :cry:
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

I finally got it!
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Todd.........Just got this What on Earth???

Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 07/14/2008.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

No shipping notice for me either.
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

I'm confused, did he get in another batch of Large's and now they're backordered again? I hope I didn't miss out again.

I was told on the phone that I could not pre-order a shirt but not to worry they would be getting "plenty" of larges. This was about 1 1/2 months ago.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Mine came today. Very nice, well worth the wait. I am a true XL but after some of the posts here stating that they were running a bit tight, I changed mine to an XXL. Very good move on my part, It is just a bit loose but a warm water wash should take care of that.

Todd - thank you. I know the delays have really been frustrating for everyone but I can truely say it will be worth it.

Mike
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I received my Small shirt from Todd today and it's fantastic.

Unfortunately, Small is way too small for me. I went with S as my Medium Wested is huge. So...I will be ordering a Medium from Todd, and my Wife just got her first piece of Indy Gear!
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 07/14/2008.
Cowboy, you'll have to check with UPS on that one. They often "reschedule" deliveries.
I'm confused, did he get in another batch of Large's and now they're backordered again? I hope I didn't miss out again.
I'm going to give this a try: I will let people place items on backorder as long as they completely understand what that means. I wrote up a (I hope) comprehensive policy on backorders

http://www.toddscostumes.com/informatio ... ered_Items

Further, I will daily update the site and clearly mark what is in stock and what is backordered. In addition, there is a link to the policy page next to the order button on each backorder item. I hope this will make clear what to expect with backorders.

Daily updates should prevent the flood of e-mails we get daily. Just check the website to see if we're still on schedule or not.
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Thanks. Hope I can get a shirt before all the guys who already have a dozen buy even more.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

My shirt was supposed have shipped yesterday but still no notice....