My Tony Nowak vs. Wested Novapelle Pics..

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

My Tony Nowak vs. Wested Novapelle Pics..

Post by PSBIndy »

Just got my TN today! I gotta admit, as outstanding as my Novapelle is, TN is just an awesome jacket....very well put together.....a different style altogether compared to the Wested.....a bit more "casual" looking compared to the Novapalle due to the lighter color of the leather and more distressing. I would say the TN looks great w/jeans! One more thing, even though both are size 44, the TN is slightly more snug on me than the Novapelle, which is more roomier.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhoto ... 9823337513
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Both look great pardner. While the TN leather looks nice, the collar and pockets look way better on the Wested IMO. THe Wested looks like it fits you better. (DID YOU SEE THAT PETER? A COMPLIMENT.....TAKE NOTES!)

I would be happy with either of them though. :wink:

GO FLIGHT SUITS!!!
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

Looks great, is it really heavy and what type of liner does he use. I'm jealous, so where does this one stand,the novapelle was your favoite before this one. Will the Tony Nowak be an everyday jacket. take care and enjoy.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

That Nowak looks fantastic.
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Owning a TN myself, I Honestly think they both look great. Based on looks, I give a slight nod to the TN mostly because the Wested looks so much like the other offerings I have seen pictured on COW.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Actually, the TN is about the same weight as the Novapelle.....maybe just very slightly heavier. The lining is a nice black satin or nylon (I'm not really sure exactly). I plan to split equal time with the TN and Novapelle when the weather gets colder. (My other Indy jacket--washed goat-- is thin enough to get me through at least until October). The Novapelle is the dressier jacket of the two and looks best with khakis or chinos or even with a shirt and tie. The Nowak, which is more distressed, is the more "casual" jacket and looks great with jeans. I gotta say, though, the feel and smell of the Nowak leather is something I have yet to experience on any Wested jacket.
Demaroth
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Demaroth »

PSBIndy wrote:I gotta say, though, the feel and smell of the Nowak leather is something I have yet to experience on any Wested jacket.
Agreed. I'd never had a leather jacket before my Westeds, but when I opened the Indy IV bag with my TN in it, and the smell of the leather hit me, I think I was just in love with it instantly. It smelled better than my baseball glove. I still can't get over it, two weeks later.

- John
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Demaroth wrote:
PSBIndy wrote:I gotta say, though, the feel and smell of the Nowak leather is something I have yet to experience on any Wested jacket.
Agreed. I'd never had a leather jacket before my Westeds, but when I opened the Indy IV bag with my TN in it, and the smell of the leather hit me, I think I was just in love with it instantly. It smelled better than my baseball glove. I still can't get over it, two weeks later.

- John
Tony needs to bottle-up that leather fragrance and sell it to women as a perfume or aphrodisiac! :lol:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

will you guys just stop talking about it!!! :?

you make me wanna pick up one of these :lol:

Holt
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

You guys are right, the Nowak does look great with jeans. And the smell . . . *sniffs* ahhhhhh.