Todds bag

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Todds bag

Post by jacksdad »

hi all,
I orderd my Todds bag and still waiting, my question is has anyone gotten theirs yet and the one I'm talking about is the undersized one? How much of a difference was there and if anyone can post the measurements would be great
Thanks to all.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

UPS tracking says my bag will be here this Thursday.
saecrow
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by saecrow »

scot2525 wrote:UPS tracking says my bag will be here this Thursday.
when was yours ordered? did you get the deluxe strap with it? i placed mine on 6/2 but there was a back log on the bag straps, so mine hasn't shipped yet. . . just wondering.
thanks!
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I ordered it in late May and it was with the deluxe strap. I also ordered a hat brush and Fullers Earth with the order. I can't wait to beat this thing up. :)
Comic Sidekick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Comic Sidekick »

I have one of Todd's new bags and an original, unissued MK VII from WPG. My original measures approximately 10"x10.5"x3", and Todd's bag is 9"x10.5"x3". So Todd's is pretty close, being just about an inch shorter than my original. The material is good, though softer and more flexible than my 66-year-old MK VII (Hey! Almost as old as Harrison Ford!). The Todd's bag also lacks some of the internal dividers found in my original.

I have a well-distressed Todd's deluxe strap installed on my original. I'm still waiting for a second strap I've ordered to arrive. They must have had a run on them.

As an aside, I would advise caution to anyone who seeks to follow Todd's distressing instructions on his new bag. I tried the bleach and scouring powder mix on my Todd's bag and it removed all the olive drab color instantly! I rinsed the bleach mix out as quickly as possible, but in just a few seconds my entire bag had turned a ghastly banana yellow color! I decided to redye it with some RIT tan dye, and the result was rather pleasing. It came out looking like a well-used and somewhat mottled dark khaki; not at all SA, but rather nice nonetheless. Now my wife wants to steal it from me!

Hey, this is my first post. Thanks for having such a great forum here. I've learned a lot in the few weeks I've been lurking.

Michael
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

I ordered mine on June 5th and haven't heard anything other than the confirmation email. Any idea how long the backorder on the straps is?
Gunk
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gunk »

I ordered a bag and strap during first week of June, I e-mailed Todd asking why I hadn't received any shipping confirmation emails he said the straps are back logged and should ship out by end of June, so when straps are ready to go, I'll have the bag as well.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

i got my bag
i haven't gotten my strap yet tough
Piers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Piers »

I ordered a 65" strap and a belt on the 11th, got a shipping notice on the 12th.. odd about your orders, gunk and jeffb
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

I looked again at the recepit last night and it said shipping on 6/20 I ordered it 6/10 and have not gotten any ups notice either.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

the bag is so worth the money even though its shorter, not even by that much either
thanks Todd
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

I just got off the phone with someone at Todd's and they said they are waiting on buckles for the straps from the platers. They expected them in this week and back orders should be shipped out within a week or so.
Digger
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Digger »

And sometimes the boat gets held up by bad weather.
Indybantha Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indybantha Jones »

Make sure you all post some picks when they get here. :D
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

ordered mine the later part of april. I have not seen the bag, strap, or XL Shirt. Also ordered a usw kids indy and they keep moving out the ship date too. Seems like some of the vendors got caught with their pants down.....Never trust outsourcing from outside the USA IMO. The cost saving if any is just not worth it. Still looking forward to all these items as I know they will be of great quality.
Piers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Piers »

Piers wrote:I ordered a 65" strap and a belt on the 11th, got a shipping notice on the 12th.. odd about your orders, gunk and jeffb
Got my package yesterday.. very happy with the turnaround time on that..
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

Thats great, Piers. I still don't understand why yours was shipped and mine was backordered when I ordered a few days before you. I am glad yours arrived quickly.
Piers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Piers »

No idea.. did you order anything else that wasn't in stock? I just got the web belt and the Deluxe Strap
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

I ordered the bag, 65" strap and a hat stretcher. When I called a few days ago, the lady said the only thing holding up the order was the buckle for the strap.

I'll call again on Monday and check to see if it shipped.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I need to clarify an earlier post. I thought that my bag and bag strap were arriving today from Todd's, but it was my replacement Indy whip that arrived. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

Todd's is expecting buckles for the bag strap to arrive soon and then the bags and straps can ship out, hopefully before the end of June.