$9 walmart Indy shirt.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

$9 walmart Indy shirt.

Post by Magnum Jones »

I was at walmart today and found a close enough shirt on clearance for $9. I think they just marked them down and had quite a few.

Nowhere SA but it has the Indy image and another shirt that goes good with my fedora. :)

DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

my walmart has them too, but not that color. did they have any XL at your store?
hankey01
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hankey01 »

What make are they??

Wonder if they have them in Canada?
Switch625
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Switch625 »

Hi there, new guy here. I picked that shirt up about a month ago. It's not bad at all for the price. Then I learned about, and upgraded to, the Cabela's shirt, but this one fits me better. It's a good shirt.
hankey01
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hankey01 »

Dang..nothing like that at my wal mart. :(
Thousand Truths
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Thousand Truths »

Switch625 wrote:Hi there, new guy here. I picked that shirt up about a month ago. It's not bad at all for the price. Then I learned about, and upgraded to, the Cabela's shirt, but this one fits me better. It's a good shirt.
hey could you link to the cabela's shirt?
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

You can get a nice Gunbelt at Walmart as well. About $12 you just need to swap the buckles from a black belt as the one on the brown is a brass color. Looks great with my Webley holster and Molarom whips holder.

Mike
Switch625
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Switch625 »

Thousand Truths wrote:
Switch625 wrote:Hi there, new guy here. I picked that shirt up about a month ago. It's not bad at all for the price. Then I learned about, and upgraded to, the Cabela's shirt, but this one fits me better. It's a good shirt.
hey could you link to the cabela's shirt?
Sure thing, no problem. You'll want the stone color.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/
standard-item.jsp?id=0018649902474a&navCount=1&podId
=0018649902474&parentId=cat601705&masterpathid=&navAction
=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21082-cat601705&catalogCode=IJ&rid=
&parentType=index&indexId=cat601705&hasJS=true
Thousand Truths
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Thousand Truths »

Nice I'm gonna order this one so I can get it before the premiere as my Wested stuff probably won't get here in time.
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

I have one of these too, they are made by Old Glory i believe, and it is a nice Indy style shirt for $9.
hankey01
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hankey01 »

Darn my walmart!!!

They sell this shirt in canada??
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

I bought one, loved it for the price, and went and bought another.
Wore one to a semi-formal dinner the other day... with a tie. 8)
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

I was just back in there yesterday and they only had 3 left of that color.
hankey01
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hankey01 »

Anyone feel like grabbing me one?? I'll paypal of course!!!

I guess they arent available here in Canada. :(
John Falcon
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by John Falcon »

I'm going to check out my Wal-mart tonight.

I tried their website (I have a Christmas gift card to burn), but you get the phone book searching for Faded Glory.

The closest I found was this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=8007201 but I have no clue if that's supposed to be khaki or peach.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

That's the shirt.

My color is either 'cement' or 'sidewalk', one of those two, can't remember...
John Falcon
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by John Falcon »

My local store had the shirt, only in small though.

They had another that was very similar (and under $10) except it had weird buttons on the pockets. They didn't match the others on the shirt and had what almost looked like a ribbon threading through them...(it's hard to explain.)

I may pick it up tomorrow anyway and try to switch out the buttons.
IndianaSVT
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaSVT »

I got the shirt with the ribbon threw the pocket buttons. It's a comfortable shirt.
Super Sleuth
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Super Sleuth »

I have one to although mine is short sleeve it should work.
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

Super Sleuth wrote:I have one to although mine is short sleeve it should work.
Wear it under your jacket and no one will ever know.
AnalogReigns
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by AnalogReigns »

Yeah, nice shirt. My local Walmart had some at $7...so I got 2! No, not SA, but, it looks like something Indy could have worn.

Warning though, as my usual size is XL tall, but, in this shirt it was a 3XL... So try it on before you buy...
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

I got one of those a couple years ago. Well, two actually. A large which is my size and a small that was used for the fabric and extra buttons in order to add the pleats and epaulets. Turned out great.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

If anyone can buy two in XL I'd gladly pay you extra
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

Just fyi, there is a certain company on ebay selling this exact shirt as the: Indiana Jones SAFARI Expedition Costume Shirt

For $40 =;

Don't fall for it guys, it's exactly the same as my $9 walmart shirt.

(Oh and incidentally, these shirts look quite good ironed and under a jacket with a black tie, I even wore it on a date...)
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

It's funny how some of you guys buy a $700 Tony Nowak jacket (or a $400 AB fedora) and struggle to find a $9 Wal-mart Indy shirt... :D
John Falcon
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by John Falcon »

Indy's all about the hat and jacket.
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

PSBIndy wrote:It's funny how some of you guys buy a $700 Tony Nowak jacket (or a $400 AB fedora) and struggle to find a $9 Wal-mart Indy shirt... :D
I wish I could find a close enough David Morgan for $9 even $10 :? :lol:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

IndyMo wrote:You can get a nice Gunbelt at Walmart as well. About $12 you just need to swap the buckles from a black belt as the one on the brown is a brass color. Looks great with my Webley holster and Molarom whips holder.

Mike

OMG I saw the belts you were referring to the other day at my Walmart and thought the same thing and then noticed several of the black belts were missing the buckles completely. Are there that many dishonest Indy fans out there? I considered purchasing both belts and exchanging the buckles but that doesn't feel right to me either. I also don't care for the prominent white stitching on the belt.
ij1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Lost in the Temple of Doom 'cause I went right instead of left!!!

Post by ij1936 »

nammann wrote:I have one of these too, they are made by Old Glory i believe, and it is a nice Indy style shirt for $9.
It's Faded Glory and I have several in various colors. It is a heavy weight shirt though; not too comfortable in the summer.
Terrasolo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: $9 walmart Indy shirt.

Post by Terrasolo »

Magnum Jones wrote:I was at walmart today and found a close enough shirt on clearance for $9. I think they just marked them down and had quite a few.

Nowhere SA but it has the Indy image and another shirt that goes good with my fedora. :)

good find, you know if you got another shirt (for the material) and know a good tailor, they could make the additions of the shoulder straps and front design for a good price (mine does anyway) and then it would look even closer.
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

looks like i'm making a trip to walmart
Stinky Dragon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Stinky Dragon »

I just got a couple of these in blue and green (the short sleeved ones) to have some more shirts to wear with my hat. They're surprisingly nice. I wouldn't have expected this quality out of such an inexpensive shirt. If you can find some in the khaki color I'd say go for it.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

there was a member here whose wife made a limited-run of Indy shirts based on these. She bought 2, and used the material from one to add epaulettes, the strips/pleats on the front and square pockets.

I have 2, and they are BY FAR (!!!) my favorite every-day Indy shirts! I wore one so much that it wore holes around the pockets!
saecrow
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by saecrow »

scot2525 wrote:
IndyMo wrote:You can get a nice Gunbelt at Walmart as well. About $12 you just need to swap the buckles from a black belt as the one on the brown is a brass color. Looks great with my Webley holster and Molarom whips holder.

Mike

OMG I saw the belts you were referring to the other day at my Walmart and thought the same thing and then noticed several of the black belts were missing the buckles completely. Are there that many dishonest Indy fans out there? I considered purchasing both belts and exchanging the buckles but that doesn't feel right to me either. I also don't care for the prominent white stitching on the belt.
I brought both belts to a clerk on the floor and pointed out that they were exactly the same price and asked if I might be able to switch out the buckles. . . she said "I don't see why not" and then proceeded to swap them for me :D (i didn't feel right about doing it without asking, or buying both and then returning one either. . . now I can rest easy!)
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I grabbed a shirt the other day. I got a large first and then found an XL. If anybody needs a large but can't find one. I'd send you mine (I've not made it back to return it yet) at cost plus shipping.
d_jedi1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by d_jedi1 »

I bought one today... I'm SERIOUSLY considering picking up another one to make it more accurate. Great tip :D
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

saecrow wrote:
scot2525 wrote:

Mike

I brought both belts to a clerk on the floor and pointed out that they were exactly the same price and asked if I might be able to switch out the buckles. . . she said "I don't see why not" and then proceeded to swap them for me :D (i didn't feel right about doing it without asking, or buying both and then returning one either. . . now I can rest easy!)
I took your advice and and spoke with the department manager on duty and initially she said I couldn't because it was stitched together. I showed her it just unsnapped and she said go right ahead. Funny thing she let me switch the buckles and while I am doing so I here security page out twice for a manager to come to the security station ASAP. After I finished the swap I took them back over to her to inspect what I had done and she told me security thought I was trying to switch price tags on a product but she cleared up the confusion.
saecrow
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by saecrow »

scot2525 wrote:
saecrow wrote:
scot2525 wrote:

Mike

I took your advice and and spoke with the department manager on duty and initially she said I couldn't because it was stitched together. I showed her it just unsnapped and she said go right ahead. Funny thing she let me switch the buckles and while I am doing so I here security page out twice for a manager to come to the security station ASAP. After I finished the swap I took them back over to her to inspect what I had done and she told me security thought I was trying to switch price tags on a product but she cleared up the confusion.
glad it worked out for you. . . . now you know what would have happened had you not asked permission :shock: that would have been fun to explain :lol: