which jacket ?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Drhenryindianajones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

which jacket ?

Post by Drhenryindianajones »

ok im 6 foot 5 inch and weigh about 22 stone i have a 54" chest yep you guessed im a big guy !!!!
basically i want a jacket thats gonna be a comfy and loose fit im not one for the close fitting raiders look i want a loose perhapse more cs look anyone got any ideas where to get a large screen accurate jacket from in this sort of size wested was my first thought but i figured id ask you guys first
regards
TheChimp
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheChimp »

I would say given the different offering prices, if that's a determining factor for you, I'd go with a Wested Novapelle for a KotCS look, but it all depends on what's important to you.

If SA is your thing, I'd say
Nowak
Wested
US Wings CE (If you fit one of their sizes)

in that order.

If all 3 offerings are close enough to screen accurate for you, then I'd say based on price, it's
Wested
US Wings CE (again, if possible)
Nowak

Each jacket will have a slightly different look to it, so in the end, assuming you can get each in your size, which jacket do you like the design details best on? That's what it'll all boil down to. Personally I like the look of the USWings CE... and Sgt Hack is awesome to deal with. So that makes my personal list

US Wings CE
Wested
Nowak
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Go a G&B (or Nowak). Better quality product.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

It seems like the fit is most important to you. If USW has tall sizes, then you should be alright. They make pretty roomy jackets.

My main reservation (in your case) on a Wested is that they never seem to make the jackets long enough. I ordered mine with a "tall" length and it's still not long enough. And I don't wear a tall size!

The ultimate fit would be Magnoli, but his is a pricier option. Awesome jacket though. Made to you exact measurements.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I really don't think some of us really know about the current fashionable long vs. the period long lengths. I have seen many "Screen accurate" jackets people have ordered that are far too long if you were to compare with the length of the jackets in the films...it really comes down to personal taste.
Drhenryindianajones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Drhenryindianajones »

thanks for all the advice guys i think personally fit is the main thin im akward i want it to be screen accurate but with a longer leanth than the screen version i do like the look of some of the us wings jackets can anyone say if they have brought one are they roomy?
cheers guys n gals
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

If you are looking for extreme sizes, Tony Nowak offers them, but they would be more expensive than what US Wings offers.

Jack
Nebraska Brad
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Nebraska Brad »

In my experience US Wings runs a little large than other jackets. I bought a large a while back because that is what I should wear according to their sizing chart. It was too big so I returned it and bought a medium LE which fits great.

-Nebraska