Kangaroo cull in Oz

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Kangaroo cull in Oz

Post by The_Edge »

Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Sounds to me like it is going to be a very humane way to dispatch them, not to mention no bullet holes in the skins. I guess the activists would rather see them starve to death because of over grazing, not to mention what the over grazing would do to the other animals that live and rely on the grass.
bernie47
Vendor
Location: In the workshop making whips.Western Creek Tasmania Australia

Post by bernie47 »

The great pity of it all is that the skins and meat will not be used and will not be allowed to be used for anything. Personally I think these activists need to get real and remove there heads from a dark place.
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

The great pity of it all is that the skins and meat will not be used and will not be allowed to be used for anything.
Well that really is a shame. Animals have been used for clothing, food, implements, etc for millennia. I hate to see any animal killed without being used for either food or in this case leather. I've hunted all my life and never killed anything that I didn't use (and wouldn't). A cull should be no different. There is no reason to let the roo rot.
bernie47
Vendor
Location: In the workshop making whips.Western Creek Tasmania Australia

Post by bernie47 »

This might be of some interest to you as well about the annual cull here in Australia. http://www.kangaroo-industry.asn.au/morinfo/BACKGR1.HTM
The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

Bernie,

That link is a great resource. Thank you!

It's a shame that those roos won't be used for anything. Definitely a waste.

—Kyle
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Thanks Bernie, that was very informative AND interesting.