another Webley question

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

another Webley question

Post by Indiana_Alex »

Hey guys. I was wondering what you guys thought the best Webley holster is. The new WPG holster, the IMA holster or would I be better off trying to find a real one off of Ebay. If anybody has a pic of the IMA holster, I'd really like to see that.Thanks.
Cheers, Alex
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

Find a real one. In good condition, the real thing is way better in terms of quality construction. However, they can be prohibitively expensive. We are, after all, not the only ones who collect these things. There are legions of rabid reenactors out there. IMA is good in a pinch.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Chamorro wrote:Find a real one. In good condition, the real thing is way better in terms of quality construction.
I read somewhere that some of the holsters were made out of canvas or a material similar to the bags. That got me thinking, sure you could obtain a vintage holster but it wouldn't be similar to Indy's Has anybody else heard of this?
Illinois Troy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Illinois Troy »

Yes, some of the Webley holsters were canvas. I believe that these were the ones made during the second world war. I've seen a couple Webleys up for sale w/ their WWII webbing belt and canvas holsters as well. So if you're looking for the Indy holster look for a WWI leather Webley holster.

- Illinois
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Indeed, find an original WWI leather Webley holster. Don't waste your money on a reproduction.