Wested 80's?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Wested 80's?

Post by Red Dust »

has anyone got an 80's fit wested and if so what are the biggest difference's between it and the wested of today.. im thinking about getting one.. i heard its a little tighter?? anyone got pics?

Regards

Red Dust
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

Hey Red, i just got an 80's fit Horsehide last week, i think it fits well, its a little snug in the shoulders, but i wouldnt call it tight. Its a size 38, and im about 5'7".
-Chris

Check out pics here:
viewtopic.php?t=27857
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

looks cool man!!!!

I'm gonna order a new wested coz with the first one i ordered the jacket almost like a suit were the shoulders fit perfectly to my own, but only realising after that indys jacket over hangs his shoulders by an inch or two.

You see there are parts of the jacket that i want to be big on me then theres parts that i want to be tight.. say like the arms? does an 80's jacket effect the cirfumference of the arms and body of the jacket.

what i guess im trying to say is if you had an 80's wested and a todays wested both hanging next to each other on a rack made to the same size what would the differentiation be between the two?... can anyone answer my question?

Regards

Red Dust
gladd96
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by gladd96 »

I purchased the ROTLA special offer jacket and I believe it is suppose to be an 80's cut or similar to the 80's cut.

I think the biggest difference is the armholes on the 80's cut are smaller so the sleeves are straiter. I went a size larger for length and it was a good thing I did because otherwise I think I would have had issues with the shoulders being too tight as I have fairly broad shoulders compaired to my chest size. Unless you have a slender build you will want to upsize a bit. I'm very pleased with the look and feel of my jacket and the 80's fit certainly cuts down on the baggy look associated with upsizing.
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

can i get a tailor made 80's cut or does that defeat the point of an 80's jacket?

Regards

Red Dust
MACHONE
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by MACHONE »

Red Dust wrote:can i get a tailor made 80's cut or does that defeat the point of an 80's jacket?

Regards

Red Dust
Red Dust,
I went with a custom 80's cut Horsehide and am very happy with the jacket. The body is more slender when compared to my older Wested regular Raiders jacket. While I always liked the chest size on my older one, the waist always seemed a bit too baggy. The sleeves while not as slim as a Todd's jacket are also more slender. As everyone is different you do have to know what you want in the jacket, but for my body shape I would not order anything but an 80's cut from Wested again. The custom jacket ensures you get the right shoulder width, sleeve length, and body length.
Ben