Keppler Fedora Photos

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Just received my Keppler! New pics - 3/27

Post by gabrielle »

gabrielle wrote:Anyone interested has to call Lee at 619.647.6744.

-Regards all
Here is the #, but again he's on Pacific (California) Time. His wait time is around 6-8 weeks and the hats are a blend, beaver/rabbit. They run true to size but it's better to give Lee your head size in inches. I prefer the long oval too which doesn't dent my forehead.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

After softening and sitting on it, here it is:

Piker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Piker »

Great lid!
M1917
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

I spoke with Lee yesterday...

Post by M1917 »

...what a nice guy he is! We talked for about an hour. I ordered a fedora, a gunbelt and a bag strap. He says I'll have them in time for the opening. Lee also put me in touch with the folks who make the jacket! An all-around great guy! Thanks for posting his number!
R/S
Fritz
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

M1917, you can also have Lee bash the hat to look a specific scene. I had originally asked for a Streets of Cairo bash but decided to go with the Idol Grab instead. I will probably get a SOC bash for my next AB and beat the living daylights out of it. Congrats on ordering your Keppler.

Dave
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

I bought a whole costume from Lee back when he was still importing HJ's and Westeds. It's nice to see more of his fedoras showing up here.

Jack
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

Hey Jack!
If your last name starts with "K", do you still have your Leather Concessonair's jacket??
Best, Lee 619-647-6744
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Lee Keppler wrote:Hey Jack!
If your last name starts with "K", do you still have your Leather Concessonair's jacket??
Best, Lee 619-647-6744
Hi Lee,

Yeah, I must plead guilty to being the Jack you're thinking of. No, I don't have that jacket-- if you remember, I traded it back to you for a new Wested, which you were kind enough to do so I wouldn't have a long wait. I wish I still had it-- it would be a great collector's item now.

I'm glad to see you're still kicking, you were probably the Founding Father of this hobby. I may just give you a call some day when my wallet gets a little fatter-- I really like your Keppler fedora!

All the Best,
Jack
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

Call anyhow. I'd love to hear from you. 619-647-6744
Picker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Picker »

I just ordered a Raider's "Idol Grab" brown fedora from Lee. I phoned him last night, sent the money and description today, and called again just now to discuss the tweaking of the turn. What a nice guy to talk to: patient, interested, and genuine. There are some fine people on this forum: members and vendors alike.

I now await my hat. Maybe when it arrives I will have learned how to post pics.

Picker
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Good choice with the Idol Grab bash. Thats what I went with. What wait time did Lee quote you?

Dave
Picker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Picker »

Sorry for the delay; I've been off-line for a while Lee quoted 6 to 8 weeks.
Picker
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: In the Dark Den of a school Cafateria, Niagara Falls, Canada

Post by indiana lurch »

Wow 6 to 8 weeks...you're lucky, I've been waiting 7 months for mine. I ordered a 7 3/8 in September hoping to get it for Halloween because he said 6 to 8 weeks. I've had frequent emails to and from him, since calling California from Canada is just expensive for me, and I'm starting to think he's forgotten about me. So far I've had to resend my info 4 times, he's told me that there has been an order delay, factory was closed for Christmas, flood in his office and he's told me numerous occasions that I should have it soon or by the end of the week. I hate to rag on this issue and I'm sure he is a great guy that produces great products but he's had my money since september and I still don't have a hat that he said would be done in 6 to 8 weeks :evil: :evil: Well I feel a little better now that I've vented. Sorry for the rant but I needed to

IL
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Yep, that's a good looking lid.

Cheers!

Dan
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

indiana lurch wrote:Wow 6 to 8 weeks...you're lucky, I've been waiting 7 months for mine. I ordered a 7 3/8 in September hoping to get it for Halloween because he said 6 to 8 weeks. I've had frequent emails to and from him, since calling California from Canada is just expensive for me, and I'm starting to think he's forgotten about me. So far I've had to resend my info 4 times, he's told me that there has been an order delay, factory was closed for Christmas, flood in his office and he's told me numerous occasions that I should have it soon or by the end of the week. I hate to rag on this issue and I'm sure he is a great guy that produces great products but he's had my money since september and I still don't have a hat that he said would be done in 6 to 8 weeks :evil: :evil: Well I feel a little better now that I've vented. Sorry for the rant but I needed to

IL
Sorry to hear that Lurch. I know Lee usually gets his stuff out in that 6-8 week time frame, but sometimes it's longer if he can't get the hat body when he gets an order. Why don't you call and see if he has 7 1/4 or 7 1/2 available? You could make those fit maybe without the wait.

I like your avatar BTW!!! :)
Haplo81
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Haplo81 »

Talked to Lee today.
He just got my hat in and just needs to bash it before he sends it hopefully in the next few days. I am excited about getting it but have to calm down till it arrives. He is also sending me the pistol belt. It's my 1st Fedora and I'm glad for the good reviews that made me decide to go with Lee!
:lol:
Haplo81
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Haplo81 »

How do you get the little hats in the left hand colum by your name?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

They come with time and your activity on site.

Regards! Michaelson
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I spoke to Lee today as well. It is going to be another six weeks till I recieve my fed because I had to make an amendment to the size. Long story short I am going to be recieving one of his new feds with new felt and ribbons. The price went up to $175 but I know it is going to be well worth it. I may even be able to have it in time for the premier. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Dave
Last edited by DR Ulloa on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Anyone else get a Keppler in yet that can post pics? Would love to see them and compare the bash.

If you get 1 and can't post pics let me know and I'll walk you through it.
Vindy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Vindy »

I spoke to Lee a little over a week ago, and he was thinking my hat was in, so I'm expecting it any day now. I will post pics as soon as I get it in! :D
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I think you will really like it. I softened it per Lee's video and now it's just right.

I also bought Scout to make it water repellent, but Shepler's sent me the cleaner for dark hats by mistake, so I have to exchange it. I'm disappointed they messed up such a small order, 1 item, but what can ya do...

BTW I've gotten some compliments already on the hat from people that have come up to me in the mall or out walking, they love it.
Iowa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Iowa »

DR Ulloa wrote:I spoke to Lee today as well. It is going to be another six weeks till I recieve my fed because I had to make an amendment to the size. Long story short I am going to be recieving one of his new feds with new felt and ribbons. The price went up to $175 but I know it is going to be well worth it. I may even be able to have it in time for the premier. I'll keep my gingers crossed.

Dave
This is my story as well - I spoke to him and he told me about the new hats (better felt, more SA ribbon), so that's what I went with. He told me that it should come in time for the premiere. I asked for a Raven Bar bash, including the turn, and was surprised to hear Lee tell me that he has never had anyone buy a turned hat from him!
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

He told me that his specialty is the SOC bash, which I guess would be the most popular bash, so I am surprised no one has ever asked for a turn. We should be recieving our feds around the same time as we will both be getting that first batch of new hats. Post when you recieve it Iowa.

Dave
Last edited by DR Ulloa on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iowa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Iowa »

DR Ulloa wrote:Post when you recieve it Iowa.
Absolutely. I'm sure lots of people will be curious to see how the new felt and ribbon look. I know I am!
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Yes sir! I am very excited. I love the way Gabrielle's Keppler looks and if Lee himself if saying these new feds are going to be better then we should be getting a very high quality, SA fedora. I can't wait, but unfortuantely I have to.

Dave
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: In the Dark Den of a school Cafateria, Niagara Falls, Canada

Post by indiana lurch »

hey gabrielle

Thanks, that was my first hedgehog, Charlie. He was a cute little guy. BTW the hat looks great..I just hope I get mine before the premiere, then I'll be happy.

IL