Optimo durability

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Optimo durability

Post by Han Jones »

How would the Optimo owners describe its durablity and ability to hold it shape when exposed to the elements. I bought one throught the cario bazaren and am exited to recieve it. I have handled one once before and been to Optimo but I don't know more about them than that.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

The Optimos generally have little to no stiffner in them so the lightweight felts tend to curl up when the wind is blowing pretty good. You can add some stiffner that would probably take care of that, though. If the brim moves around a bit in the wind you can always fix it in a second too.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

agent5 wrote:The Optimos generally have little to no stiffner in them so the lightweight felts tend to curl up when the wind is blowing pretty good. You can add some stiffner that would probably take care of that, though. If the brim moves around a bit in the wind you can always fix it in a second too.
You might like a hat moves around like that. The Raiders hat did.

Weston
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I do remeber agent5's optimo was very light but will it take some abuse or is it strickly a dress hat?
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Here's my trip report from almost 5 years ago:
viewtopic.php?t=4729&highlight=optimo

Still going strong...