Holster Mystery

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

CarolinaQuirk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Holster Mystery

Post by CarolinaQuirk »

Hi Guys!

When my brother and I went to MGM Studios last week (see post in Scrapbook for more on that) I noticed a familiar looking holster in the Indy Stunt Show gift shop behind the register. I got the girl working there to let me take some pics, so I was wondering if anyone knows if this might be a movie used holster (i.e. TOD or LC?). My knowlege only extends to ROTLA.

McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

If that's one from any movie, I'm thinking it's ToD. It doesn't have a little strap to hold the flap closed, does it?

In Christ,
Shane
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i was under the notion that all 3 were modelled after the british webley holster, tod and lc being actual webley holsters and the raiders a special order for his shorter barrelled s&w.

that looks like a well beat up webley holster for a 6" barrelled creature but it is lacking the flap cover strap. these are widely available so it would be anyone's guess. the belt is definitely not indy's.
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

I higly doubt that this holster has been used in any of the movies - at least not by Indy. It is, as stated above, definitly not a ROTLA holster - and I have seen pics of the original ToD holster, it looks nothing like this. That leaves out LC - but the LC holster was, at the time of filming, in much better shape than this one.

/Jakob
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

As I recall, Minnesota Jones HAS the actual screen-used holster from ToD. :wink:
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

binkmeisterRick wrote:As I recall, Minnesota Jones HAS the actual screen-used holster from ToD. :wink:
Indeed. Check it out on MJ's website. Scroll down for the holster.
CarolinaQuirk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CarolinaQuirk »

Ah interesting. Well considering how MGM Studios has a habit of leaving props out in the open (They have the stunt pack and helmet from the Rocketeer just haning out at a concession stand) it didn't seem too far out to think they might have nailed an Indy relic to the proverbal wall!