did Indy have a 1911???

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

did Indy have a 1911???

Post by Magnum Jones »

If you look at the scene on the Bantu Wind where Indy is cocking his
gun it looks like a model 1911 to me.
One very distinct feature between the 1911 and the high power is the trigger.
The trigger on the 1911 is solid in the back. The gun Indy has on the Bantu Wind looks like it has a solid trigger in back. Anyone have any pics of that scene?
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/browning_hp_1.jpg
browning high power
http://www.soldusa.com/uploaded/radD38B81373-1.jpg
1911 model 45. compare trigger to Indys gun on the Bantu Wind.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Browning it is. If you have any firearm questions you're best to direct them to Michaelson. Not a guy I'd want to get into a firefight with. :wink: He knows his gun stuff like you probably know your face in the mirror.
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

Seeing that picture I agree no doubt a high power. The hammer outline is very clear and looks like a high power too.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

One fast glimpse of that "stepped down" shape on the front of the slide reveals it is in fact a Browning Auto. NOT A COLT 1911 or derivative.
The step down further indicates a smaller bored barrel as in a .380 or 9mm which is certainly the case in the Browning HiPower.
One note to remember....The 1911 is a John Browning design consisting of the patented Browning barrel link pin.
Still one of the common denominators in most modern day pistols

"when the slide moves back the barrel link lowers the rear end of the barrel and unlocks it from the slide, allowing the extraction of the fired case and the feeding of a new cartridge".
Last edited by rbxb on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

agent5 wrote: If you have any firearm questions you're best to direct them to Michaelson. Not a guy I'd want to get into a firefight with. :wink: He knows his gun stuff like you probably know your face in the mirror.
Wow! :shock: Thank you very much, agent5! :oops: I know just enough to make me dangerous, that's all.....kinda, sorta..... :wink:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

rbxb wrote:One fast glimpse of that "stepped down" shape on the front of the slide reveals it is in fact a Browning Auto. NOT A COLT 1911 or derivative.
The step down further indicates a smaller bored barrel as in a .380 or 9mm which is certainly the case in the Browning HiPower.
One note to remember....The 1911 is a John Browning design consisting of the patented Browning barrel link pin.
Still one of the common denominators in most modern day pistols

"when the slide moves back the barrel link lowers the rear end of the barrel and unlocks it from the slide, allowing the extraction of the fired case and the feeding of a new cartridge".
I do agree it is a browning high power. But the 1911 was designed bt John Moses Browing as well. And it also has the stepped down slide, not as much as the browing though. Do to the larger caliber and higher power of the .45 automatic colt pistol(acp) round it has a larger guide pin and more powerful return spring. That also needs more room for the larger barrel bushing and barrel link.
Last edited by Magnum Jones on Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Browning was never totally satisfied with the 1911 design, and had offered the improved P35 design to the U. S. military first for consideration for replacement after WW1 had ended and he had continued to work on improvement of his design.

The U. S. military was more than happy with the 1911, as their primary interest was obtaining the .45 caliber round in a semi auto handgun....design came second. During those gun trials, even Luger entered a .45 cal. entry that Browning admitted was MUCH better toggle lock than his 1911. The only reason Luger didn't win was there were rumblings in Europe between Germany and her neighboring countries, and the U.S. didn't want to be in a position to not be able to obtain replacement parts if a war broke out (which it did). They also wanted to keep the gun supplier State side.

Browning was so aggrevated by the U. S. Military's attitude, he moved lock, stock and barrel to Belgium to make his firearms, and sold his P35 design to the Belgium army.

To this day the term 'Belgium Browning' adds a premium to the price of any Browning firearm, as the quality was never surpassed by what John Browning made in that factory during the time the guns were made there. His idea for the semi auto gun mechanism was perfected in the P35.

Regards! Michaelson
pigirondan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by pigirondan »

I just got around to watching the bonus DVD with the box set. I was very amused when the sound man said that a .30-.30 was used for the sound of Indy's revolver. (My Model 22 is rather tame in comparison.)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

It's amazing how many times a 30-30 sound bite IS used for gunshots, regardless of what is being depicted as being shot. :roll: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

Michaelson wrote:It's amazing how many times a 30-30 sound bite IS used for gunshots, regardless of what is being depicted as being shot. :roll: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
I would reckon, and please correct me if I am wrong, that much of this is due to precedent.

The public is used to hearing a 30-30 sound for a 'gun' noise; by and large people don't care what the gun is. So to use anything differently (which can be a drastic change) may not sound 'right' to the majority of viewers.

Pure supposition on my part, mind you!

Cheers
Craig
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I totally agree with you.

Heck, I grew up watching Westerns....and we KNEW when a rifle was fired by it's TV sound, and what a revolver sounded like, by it's TV sound.

You're talking to one surprised individual when I finally got to actually FIRE a single action revolver and a 30-30 Wninchester for the first time!
They didn't sound ANYTHING like what I had heard all my life watching TV or movie Westerns. It was just what I had been conditioned to accept as 'being' the 'correct' sound of those firearms. :shock:

One of those eyeopeners of life..... :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

yeah the sounds has always been something that bothered me about the raven bar fight scene. i mean here is indy shooting his high power and it sounds like a freakin cannon! :roll: ...granted yes it was indoors so that should amplify sound some, but having shot a 9mm indoors (at range) it sounds nothing like that. the first time i shot a 9mm i was surprised at how relatively quiet it was. up until then i was use to my 1911. however now if you want something that is loud and shoots flame out the barrel get a .22 magnum and short barrel :lol: . i literally had everyone in the range stop shooting and walk down to see what i was shooting. all they knew was it made a very loud crack and there were bright flashes of flame. 8)

now even a .45 doesn't make the "boom" we hear in the movies but it is much closer then the 9mm. the closest hand gun round i can think of that makes that kind of noise is a .44 magnum. :twisted:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

WELLLL, having been indoors in a small room when a .357 went off by accident, and not wearing hearing protection at the time.....let me tell you, I don't ever WANT to be around when a .44 or .45 caliber of ANYTHING goes off in that kind of surrounding!! :shock:

The best description I can think of is anything below .40 in caliber tends to 'crack'. Anything .40 and above 'booms'....so I never had a problem with the sound of Indy's revolver in the bar scene. The fact it never changed when he switched to the semi-auto did bother me a bit....but heck, who really cares? :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

yeah the sounds has always been something that bothered me about the raven bar fight scene. i mean here is indy shooting his high power and it sounds like a freakin cannon! ...granted yes it was indoors so that should amplify sound some, but having shot a 9mm indoors (at range) it sounds nothing like that.
You have to stick with the understanding that this is a movie and sound has alot to do with effect to the audience and their experience when they watch it. Of course they're going to amplify the experience to the limit, especially with an B-style film as Raiders is. It's a comic book come to life. Over the top. Spielberg said that sound is 1/3 of the entire filmgoing experience and that's why so many new sounds were made for the Indy trilogy, to make it an individual experience and to catapult you into a world unlike any other. Sound helps achieve that as much as the picture on the screen and the score to support it.

If they made the Raven Bar scene by using the actual gun sounds it wouldn't be anywhere near as threatening and dangerous to the audience. In fact, almost all movie sounds are added in in post-production.
pigirondan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by pigirondan »

Car scenes are always good for a laugh. Someone touches off a round and everyone is non-plused. Not a single flich or grimice.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Michaelson wrote:.

even Luger entered a .45 cal. entry that Browning admitted was MUCH better toggle lock than his 1911.
Regards! Michaelson
Possibly a better design on paper but not practicality.
I truth, the Luger was being replaced by the Walther P38 as an issued 9mm sidearm BECUASE of the Lugers unreliability. Thank GOD we didnt adopt the Luger to save the free world for that & the reasons you mentioned.

It's been 96 years & several wars & skirmishes. The .45 ACP in the 1911 Browning continues to play an important role.( Old Slab Sides). Yes , I'm aware the HK USP .45 is really envogue with special military units with their fluted firing pin & polymer frame (Tactical Tupperware). But they also employ the JMB action.....

Cheers,
Mike
Beretta 92F for duty
Colt .45 defender for "off-Duty"
Walther PPK .380 for deep conceal / backup

GUN safety is between the ears first!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

rbxb wrote: GUN safety is between the ears first!
Amen, Brother, and amen!!! :D

By the way, did you ever see what that prototype Lugar .45 was worth when it came out of 'hiding' a few years back? Let's say it was 6 figures at the time, and projected to be 7 figures in the near future. That was in the mid 80's, so it's probably at that 7 figure mark as we speak. :roll:

HIGH regard! Michaelson
Fatdutchman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fatdutchman »

I read an article several years ago about a guy that would take two regular Luger 9mm's cut them apart, and weld the two sides together making the frame larger, and then custom building .45 caliber Luger pistols....talk about money! No tellin' what he charged for one of these. Pretty sharp, though.

The Luger pistol is supposed to be pretty finicky about ammunition. No hollowpoints, no hot loads, no low power loads. Everything has to be just right. The exposed toggle link was well known for getting easily jammed up due to crud getting into it. The trigger pull really ***** too!!! They do "point" better for me than the standard .45 grip angle does.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Oddly enough, the .45 Luger held it's own against the Colt .45 in all tests, INCLUDING the toss in mud, shake off, then start shooting again. The Luger came up with no problems at all.

The generals involved in the test were leaning TOWARD the Luger, but cost (it was almost 3 times the Colt, even at THAT time!!), the tight tolarances of the mechanism concerned them in terms of difficulity in field stripping by a common soldier in a battle situation, the political situation in Europe, as well as a VERY strong Colt Firearms lobby that was pushing their companies cause swung the decision to Colt.

Luger had even offered a 10 inch Navy version for consideration, and there's supposedly a .45 cal. prototype out there somewhere, but it has never surfaced. The 9mm version has been seen many times, and was quite popular with the German Navy during WW1.

Regards! Michaelson
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Michaelson wrote:It's amazing how many times a 30-30 sound bite IS used for gunshots, regardless of what is being depicted as being shot. :roll: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
You, know whats funny is that my S&W .45 Colt Mountain Gun has a "bark" that isn't too far off from the "Indy 30-30" sound when using full power loads. 8) (also depends on the acoustics of where I'm shooting)

I've done quite a bit of shooting indoors and I've found a gunshot is more of a violent pop or bang than the base "thump" you get outdoors. It certainly doesn't have a "cool" factor that hollywood wants. The noise of 5 or 6 people all firing at random times can do a job on the nerves until you learn to tune it out. :wink: (good training though, IMO)

On a side note, a few months ago, a buddy of mine wanted to go shooting, so I happily agree. The night before we were set to go he got a bit carried away at a party and ended up with a bad hangover the next day. Apparently the smell of gunsmoke in the air and the constant drone 8 people firing in a confined area indoors isn't much of a hangover cure. He reported that even 9mm's sounded like howitzers! :lol:

Michaelson, I saw the .45 Luger on the History Channel a while back. It was on a show about million dollar guns. :shock:
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Speaking of high sound pressure levels of a firearm discharged indoors.....
That's prolly why Marion & Indy are yelling at each other after the bar scene. ( that doesnt account for Indy overhearing " shoot them, Shoot them both")
Ah...inconsistencies make the world go round.

BTW I did some cursory research & there's only 20 or so .45 cal Lugers in existence if that many.....
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

FYI
The Browning HiPower -AKA- the FN P-35
Didn't go into production until 1935 & was an unfinshed Browning design at the time of his death in 1926.
Look at the worn blueing on Indy's pistol at the top of this thread.
WOW! for a less than one year old pistol ( with Raiders taking place in 1936) That qualifies as true adventurers pistol! Youd have to drag it behind the truck for a few miles on a gravel road to beat one up that badly!
carebear
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by carebear »

Good observation.

It is pretty worn, but I can suspend disbelief.

I used to carry my little Taurus .38 when I was doing construction, a lot of dirtwork that season (sand everywhere). The thing was new at the beginning of summer and by the end looked like I had lined my holster with sandpaper.

Carrying around town and the office doesn't put the wear on a piece like a lot of time outdoors, that's for sure.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

J_Weaver wrote: Michaelson, I saw the .45 Luger on the History Channel a while back. It was on a show about million dollar guns. :shock:
Well, there you go then! :shock: Wow!

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

rbxb wrote: BTW I did some cursory research & there's only 20 or so .45 cal Lugers in existence if that many.....
True.....but only ONE prototype, original test gun. That's the one I've been talking about. :wink:

Regard! Michaelson
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

Didn't they make 2 of the lugars in .45acp and only one survives?
The other one may have just worn out from the testing. Don't think they know for sure what happened to the other one.
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Magnum Jones wrote:Didn't they make 2 of the lugars in .45acp and only one survives?
The other one may have just worn out from the testing. Don't think they know for sure what happened to the other one.
Yup, you're correct. As I recall, one was basically worn out/ destroyed by the testing, and the other is still around with a $1,000,000+ price tag.
pigirondan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by pigirondan »

Looks like Colt will be (re)introducing a 1911-A1 Government Model next month. (A non-Series 70, Series 80) Just a stripped down old war horse.
Fatdutchman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fatdutchman »

Is Colt back in business? They closed down years ago...only their military (M16) contracts were left going. I haven't been keeping up with modern guns the last few years.
pigirondan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by pigirondan »

Fatdutchman wrote:Is Colt back in business? They closed down years ago...only their military (M16) contracts were left going. I haven't been keeping up with modern guns the last few years.
Colt never went out of business. They retrenched, rebuilt and reloaded. Their entry level 1991-A1 is a sublime piece. (Although at $750+ that's not really entry level for most folks.)
carebear
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by carebear »

For a while in the '90's Colt effectively, though not officially, went out of the civilian handgun market. After the failure of the Colt AA2000 they weren't producing any pistols but 1911's. They stopped making DA revo's for a while as well.

Basically they were making rifles for the military. That's turned around a bit but they really don't have much new. They haven't done any real R&D for years. The Pony really wasn't a seller and they bought the Pocket Nine design and priced it out of reach.

Being owned by anti-gun types crippled their civilian market in concealable handguns.
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Colt going out of business had to have been the biggest urban legend of the 90's. They went through a tough time and made a lot of changes, but they are alive and well. Also, they stopped making DA revolvers around 2000. According to Colt reps, they are gone for good. The only revolver they currently make is the SA Peacemaker. Its a bloody dang shame too. Their revolvers were works of art.
Fatdutchman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fatdutchman »

Colt handguns were utterly unavailable for some time (I THINK the "custom shop" was still open, making Pythons and SAA's and such..., but the custom shop was always pretty much a different entity from the standard Colt production line.) The only thing Colt firearms was making was Government contract M16's. I don't know how long this situation lasted.

Colt hasn't been "alive and well" in many decades...They declare bankruptcy and shut down every so often, only to be bought by someone else and revived...and then declare bankruptcy again! Prior to the civilian gun "shut down" in the 90's, I remember they closed up shop sometime in the '80's as well...long about the time they started making the King Cobra, which at the time (in high school), I really wanted... (now, I can't stand heavy barreled, underlugged revolvers).

One of Colt's problems since probably the '70's has been that the Colt guns people really wanted were only available from the custom shop...at custom shop prices, and their standard offerings suffered from lack of spit and polish.

Wow, I just went to www.coltsmfg.com to Colt's civilian firearm offerings...it's a pretty limited line up to say the least. SAA's, .45 autos, and AR15's...that's it.

Hopefully Colt will be able to keep up and stay in production now. At least their handgun offerings are mostly "traditional" and in classic form! They even have a reproduction 1911 (not A1), that would probably be pretty sharp.

Speaking of classic style...S&W seems to have heard enough bitc4ing from their fans about their lack of classic style firearms, and they are now listing several blued steel, tapered barrel large frame revolvers on their website. I still need to get me a model 22...

www.smith-wesson.com They even show blued, nickel, and "case hardened" frames available! These are recent additions to the website too, not old stuff. Limited distributors, of course...but they are available somewhere.
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

Colts are over rated and over priced!! 11lb trigger pull out of the box??
You pay such a high price for the Colt name then another few hundred if your lucky on machine work and upgrades. I have never owned a Colt that is a take out of the box gun and shoot. You can get alot more "bang for the buck" buying something else such as glock,Springfield, S&W, or sig sauer in my opinon. The sales price may be a buck or two more on some expensive sigs but take away the extras like machine work you're still money ahead.
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by 007 »

Sheesh, look at the size of Pat Roach's hands in those pics. I wouldn't have wanted to let him get a hold of me. :shock:
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Magnum Jones wrote:Colts are over rated and over priced!! 11lb trigger pull out of the box??
You pay such a high price for the Colt name then another few hundred if your lucky on machine work and upgrades. I have never owned a Colt that is a take out of the box gun and shoot. You can get alot more "bang for the buck" buying something else such as glock,Springfield, S&W, or sig sauer in my opinon. The sales price may be a buck or two more on some expensive sigs but take away the extras like machine work you're still money ahead.
What gun was this? My dad has a late 90's production Anaconda that has the smoothest action of any revolver I've layed hands on.

Fatdutchman, I do agree that Colt hasn't really been "alive and well" in years. I should have used a better choice of words in my above post.
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

I have had a colt double eagle in 10mm and colt a gold cup series 70 in .45acp not saying they are not fine firearms just not wrth the price.
Fatdutchman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fatdutchman »

I got a 1911 Colt years ago just before the civilian shut-down. It was the basic parkerized model. I wasn't impressed with it. It functioned well enough, though I had to work on the slide a bit, as the front lower "scooped out" section was scrubbing the frame "dust cover". The trigger was plastic too. This was the bare bones basic gun, though.

I have read Army reports on the 1917 revolvers and how they greatly preferred the Smith and Wesson versions over the Colts, which they considered inferior in quality, fit and finish. Ah, there's nothing like a S&W...an older one, anyway....
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

I've owned several S&W revolvers. They are very reliable spartan. hard trigger pull etc.
I've also owned Colt revolvers. Diamondback, Python. Sweetest action of any I have any experience.
It's apples & oranges --both will hit bullseyes in capable hands, both are equally reliable.. To me, the fit, finish & FEEL of the Colt is worth the somewhat higher cost..

Gun Safety starts between the ears!
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I have to say that I love both Colt and S&W revolvers. Both a fire guns and part of American History!

I have to agree that Colts are a bit over priced. No doubt your paying for the name.
Indy45
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Browning Hi Power

Post by Indy45 »

Thanks to Agent5 for the screen captures.

Notice on the Raven Bar scene the Browning doesn't show a barrel tip? And the weathering that RBXB noted looks to me like a plastic cast or rubber prop fake gun that's been painted as weathered! It would make sense for a closeup fight scene to not use real firing prop (all they'd need is to chip one of Harrison's teeth with a metal gun..)

The Bantu Wind shot looks like a genuine P-35. I wonder who has that original now...

Regards,
Indy45
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

I am surprised no one has ever brought this up yet, but here goes: in the Raven Bar fight Indy looses his automatic. Right after we see Thot burn his hand and run out the window, we can see Indy and the thug wrestling near the fireplace. You can clearly see Indy forces the gun out of the thug's hand and it drops into the fire. Immediatley after, the thug's arm is on fire and he tries to use that to his advantage. I highly doubt that in the midst of all this excitment, Indy went back into the burning bar for his gun. My theory is this: Indy enters the Raven (the second time) with his revolver drawn, along with his whip (BTW: Whatever happened to that whip?); fired his six shots; went for the Browning; gets caught and fights the thug. Indy then looses his Browning in the fire and later aquires another one possibly lying around in Katanga's cabin on the Bantu Wind. That's how I think it happened, in terms of the story that is. My point being that it could be quite possible that Indiana Jones had two Brownings. Just my two cents...

:wink:
Mystique
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

HOW INDY GOT HIS GUN

Post by Mystique »

Director yelled cut!, props man ran in and got the Browning back....The magic of movie making... :lol:
IndyParise
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyParise »

Indiana Neri wrote: My point being that it could be quite possible that Indiana Jones had two Brownings. Just my two cents...

:wink:
just like he had two revolvers and two hats, one grey, one brown.
(starts to run like ####.)
carebear
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by carebear »

Two hats...

Two guns...

Two........ Indys? :shock:

Indiana Jones IV: Search for the Evil Twin
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

don't forget 2 jackets...one is an inch longer then the other *nods*...oh wait i guess it would be 3 jackets... :lol:
IndyFlyer
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyFlyer »

They are very reliable spartan. hard trigger pull
They may not show much engraving, but fit and finish was always high and assembled by hand in the day (you wanna talk spartan, look at the Colt 1917) and understand 'hard trigger' when applied firing double action. However, a double action SW with the hammer pulled back to single action is among the most crisp action to put your trigger finger on. I've experienced decent shooters, including myself on slight occasion, light a round off with surprise with a 60-70's era piece. Including the modern Model-22.
The single action trigger pull is typical S&W glass-rod-breaking crisp...nothing like it.

From Fatdutchman's Model 22 thread. Indeed--'Nothing like it'!
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

IndyFlyer wrote:
The single action trigger pull is typical S&W glass-rod-breaking crisp...nothing like it.

Except for a Colt! :P
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

rbxb wrote:Speaking of high sound pressure levels of a firearm discharged indoors.....
That's prolly why Marion & Indy are yelling at each other after the bar scene. ( that doesnt account for Indy overhearing " shoot them, Shoot them both")
Ah...inconsistencies make the world go round.

BTW I did some cursory research & there's only 20 or so .45 cal Lugers in existence if that many.....
For that matter, how did a German and Mongol understand English??? Did not know too many Germans were bilingual let alone a local native :!:
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

J_Weaver wrote:
IndyFlyer wrote:

Except for a Colt! :P
Go to your local gun shop.
Grab a "garden variety" S & W model 19 ( .357 Mag)
Pull the hammer back from engaged to fully cocked. Nice, crisp, solid. maybe even clunky.

Now pick up a stock, Colt Python (.357 Mag) , repeat steps above. How about that action... huh?
Smooth as a babys behind ! Slicker than owl droppings!

again, they're both dependable, but its like a Camaro or a Corvette..respectively. Gimme the Vette