My quest is over......

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

My quest is over......

Post by Williamson »

Just wanted to share with the rest of the gang about the newest addition to my gear. I received my Joe Strain yesterday and could not be more pleased. Like the jacket, this item was one that I have waited 20+ years to obtain. For any of you pondering about or considering the Indy-style whip he makes, the man is truly a craftsman. He nailed the "Raider" look that I was wanting and it cracks effortlessly. Thanks for letting me share my good news with you all. I know I don't get a chance to post too often but I am still out here for those of you who remember me! Regards, Williamson.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Congrats! Hope to see you at a Whip Enthusiasts meeting.

Pyro.
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Re: My quest is over......

Post by Sergei »

Williamson wrote:Just wanted to share with the rest of the gang about the newest addition to my gear. I received my Joe Strain yesterday and could not be more pleased. Like the jacket, this item was one that I have waited 20+ years to obtain. For any of you pondering about or considering the Indy-style whip he makes, the man is truly a craftsman. He nailed the "Raider" look that I was wanting and it cracks effortlessly. Thanks for letting me share my good news with you all. I know I don't get a chance to post too often but I am still out here for those of you who remember me! Regards, Williamson.
Bill congrats to you! I know it meant a lot to you. Glad to see Joe making whips again. He's a legend in his own time. Post some pics when you get a chance. I never get tired of looking at new acquisitions. :wink:

-Sergei
Last edited by Sergei on Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indydawg

Here, here!!!

Post by Indydawg »

Congratulations, Williamson!

I am very happy for you! Can't wait to see you in person to get a GOOD look at that whip of yours!

Later!
Indydawg
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

New Whip

Post by Indiana Philip »

Congratulations to you! I have an eight foot JS "Indy" and a 4' "Li'l Indy" (don't know who made the 4' one) and couldn't be happier with them. In fact, I gaze upon them now, in all of their radiant glory.
Indiana Philip
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

hey Congrads Bill, I have not seen you around in a long time, welcome back!
Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Thanks everyone....

Post by Williamson »

Looking forward to seeing everyone at a Southeast summit this summer! It will certainly be nice to put a voice and face with all these emails through the years. Glad to see some of you still remember me. Hope to be able to be more visible soon. Take care everyone and thanks again Sergei for assisting me in the last few months as I finalized the details. Great to be involved with such a helpful and supportive group of fans. Regards,Williamson.
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

I'm jealous! I was going to order one last December and I even talked to Joe about it on the phone. The holidays got the best of my "whip-budget" so I hope to place my order in a couple of weeks! Just out of curiousity, what length did you get?
PBG
Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Just the standard 8 foot length..

Post by Williamson »

I decided to go with an 8 footer. I have had several 10 foot bullwhips in years past but wanted something different that would be a bit more versatile and yet still maintain the Indy-look on a belt. Down the road, I may order one in a 10 foot length but for now I am quite satisfied with my choice. It cracks with very little effort and the mulitple cracks are so much more quicker. I hope to get some picks to post soon. Regards, Williamson.