Nadoolman in person...NO GREY HATS WORN BY FORD.

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

Cassidy,

You make it sound like the Wardrobe Department and Nadoolman were two seperate entities. As "Costume Designer" she would be the head of the wardrobe department and could certainly be on location if needed.

~Ron
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Ron is correct and she was indeed on location in France. She's retold the story of distressing the jacket poolside with Ford's knife countless times. This was during the submarine shooting.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ford's Swiss Army knife AND a wire brush.... :wink:

That poor lambskin Wested..... :(

Regards! Michaelson
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I think this is her, but I could be wrong. They show this on the dvd as Mrs. Nadoolman is speaking so I assumed it was her. If not, it proves there were people in the wardrobe/costume dept. were there on the set, as they are in most movies. I'd think that if she were in charge of costumes, then she or one of her staff would be on hand every day of shooting. After all, what would anyone do if they had a question about anything in wardrobe? No cell phones or computers back then.
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Post by Rusty Jones »

Michaelson wrote:Ford's Swiss Army knife AND a wire brush.... :wink:

That poor lambskin Wested..... :(

Regards! Michaelson
Poor? That jacket had the best looking distress job I've seen ;c)