Pecards alternative in australia - need one!

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

Dre
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Pecards alternative in australia - need one!

Post by Dre »

So I'm noticng after about 10 months that my jacketi s starting to feel a little dry. I'd put pecards on it but if i buy the smallest container of it it'll cost about 70 bucks (american) with postage which is absolutely ridiculous. I therefore need a similar product that I can buy in australia. I asked pecards on the off chance that they might tell me and, lo and behold, they weren't forthcoming.

Are there any similar products out there? or is pecards fairly 'unique'?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Do you have Redwings products in Australia? It's Pecards in 'sheeps clothing'. :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

DRE, A friend of mine is going to Australia this month. He is visiting family there. Depending on where you are, I can ask him to bring you a tub, and you'll only have to pay the shipping for me to get it for you (shipping to me from Pecards). Let me know where you're at and I'll see if he'll be close. He's gonna be pickin' me up a new Fed. Deluxe, he knows where to get 'em cheap! :wink:

TR
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Michaelson wrote:Do you have Redwings products in Australia? It's Pecards in 'sheeps clothing'. :wink:
So Redwing sells close enough Pecards? Is the conditioner that they mention here the stuff you're talking about?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

No, VP, Redwings leather treatment IS Pecards. They subcontract out to Pecards to make their product, then repackage it...everything but the mink oil, that is. The oil and conditioner is Pecards leather product flying under a different flag.

Regards! Michaelson
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Cool, gotta check out the only dealer in Finland. Luckily it's just about 5 miles from here.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

VERY good! :tup:

Regrds! Michaelson
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

VP,

Be careful though. Someone else went to Redwings looking for Pecard's and the sales people didn't know which product it was that was made by Pecard's. I think he ended up getting the wrong one and had to take it back. If you know what Pecard's looks like, you shouldn't have a problem picking out which product it is. This is assuming that their US and international product lines are the same.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

As I recall, buff, he came home with the mink oil. Pecards has no animal byproducts in their material, so that's where he went wrong.

As to the international supply...good question. That's one I'm not sure of, though Redwing is a US owned and operated company, and from what I've read, they supply their own stores with their own products....but if they use Pecards as a subcontractor here for their leather care stuff, it's hard to say what they do overseas. Good point.

Regards! Michaelson
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

I called them and asked about Red Wing Leather Conditioner and the woman on the phone couldn't find it on her computer and the store had already closed. I'll check them out on monday.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Drat. The so-called "dealer" the Redwing Europe site mentioned was just an importer. The whole company is just some guy's cubicle filled with Redwing boots and stuff. The guy who owns the company was sick and his co-worker said that they don't retail their stuff and the minimum order is like 10,000 cans or so. Is there any way to order Letap from the UK so that they would ship it with trucks instead of planes?
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

*bump*

Anybody? KT? Any chance of you getting me a can of Letap and surface shipping it to me?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

VP wrote:*bump*

Anybody? KT? Any chance of you getting me a can of Letap and surface shipping it to me?
I'll see what i can do. ;).

In the mean time try this. they may be able to send to you direct, expesive but cheaper than the US.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

I might also get some Pecards in the same package as the whip I'm going to order from Joe Strain so that would be pretty cheap too.
astroboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by astroboy »

Wher in OZ are u? I'm in Melb. and I have a big tub of Pecards...

Maybe we can work out an exchange deal...
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

According to his profile Dre is from Melbourne too.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Ohhh. Mini Summit!
astroboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by astroboy »

What do you think? Should we do it?
I'm up for it?
VP