My new whip from Giovanni Celeste / With pics. :-)

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

My new whip from Giovanni Celeste / With pics. :-)

Post by Ace »

I got a fantastic mail today from Gio. My new whip is finished and will soon be in the mail.

Here's some pictures of my new baby :-)

it's 8 feet, 12 plait, cow-hide, color is saddle tan and sounds like a gunshot Im told :-)

Oh boy, Im looking forward cracking it.
Regards
Ace

Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ace »

Thanks, I think the color rmix turned out the way I wanted it, so im really happy about it.

Cheers
Ace
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

:clap: :clap: :clap: good looking whip Ace! :D

I can't wait to see it in action :whip: :whip:
Darth V.A.D.E.R
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Darth V.A.D.E.R »

Nice whip Ace!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Take care :whip: :D
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Ace, that is simply stunning. What a beauty. :wink:

Have fun cracking that, my friend. :whip: :D
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Ace,

If it handles as well as it looks, then I'd say you have a winner! Nice color choice! What specs did you use to get this look? Anything special, or is it just his standard 8ft/12 plait Indy? Thanks for the info.

~Jace
Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ace »

Thanks, There were no special specs. It's 8 feet, 12 plait cow-/calfhide. I could select from several colors, but I went with the saddletan.

Natural
Redbrown
Saddle
Saddletan
and Whiskey wich I dont have a picture of.

Gio is nice to do business with. He sends you mails while he's making you whip so you can see everything is as you want it.

Here's some in-work pics.
First Belly
http://www.kronsells.dk/whip/first%20belly.jpg
Second Belly
http://www.kronsells.dk/whip/second%20belly.jpg

Cheers
Ace
Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ace »

Ace wrote:Thanks, There were no special specs. It's 8 feet, 12 plait cow-/calfhide. I could select from several colors, but I went with the saddletan.

Natural
Redbrown
Saddle
Saddletan
and Whiskey which I dont have a picture of.

Gio is nice to do business with. He sends you mails while he's making you whip so you can see everything is as you want it.

Here's some in-work pics.
First Belly
http://www.kronsells.dk/whip/first%20belly.jpg
Second Belly
http://www.kronsells.dk/whip/second%20belly.jpg

Cheers
Ace
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Tyrloch wrote:Ace,

If it handles as well as it looks, then I'd say you have a winner! Nice color choice! What specs did you use to get this look? Anything special, or is it just his standard 8ft/12 plait Indy? Thanks for the info.

~Jace
That's the standard indy whip (called Raiders Bullwhip) the colours are on the website in the catalogue pages http://giowhips.myray.org/catalogue/page1.htm

Ace your whips is really amazing, the more I look at it the more I want another :lol:
The saddle tan colour choice seems to be a wise choice! Have fun with that beauty!
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Erri Wan,

Thanks. Naw, I was just wondering if Ace has asked for anything specific, like handle length, thong thickness, etc. As everyone here knows, we all get a certain screen grab in our heads, and decide that that one is the quintissential Indy whip, i.e., the one I HAVE to have! It seems that Gio really nailed the waisted handle shape, and the saddle tan was a wise choice -- it gives the whip an 'aged' look to it. Good luck with it! After I place my order with Bernardo, Gio will probably be the next up...

~Jace
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Well Gio whips are quite faithful replica of the old style Morgan 455 (which he also has as whip collector). From all the whips he has done till now (mine included) I can see he has a quite high level of accuracy and they are always plaited very tight (I love this feature) plus a wonderful customer service as Ace said.
You can also have a look at mine :wink: viewtopic.php?t=16632

Have a nice day :)
IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndyTaz »

:D Wow!! Congtrats on the great whip mate:) I've got a 10ft 12plait on order myself. I love the look of yours though. When it get closer to the time Gio makes it I might go with the same colour scheme. If you don't mind :lol:

Regards
TAZ

PS Erri...why the link? Just post a new pic of your whip. With you cracking it perhaps? :wink:
Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ace »

IndyTaz wrote::D Wow!! Congtrats on the great whip mate:) I've got a 10ft 12plait on order myself. I love the look of yours though. When it get closer to the time Gio makes it I might go with the same colour scheme. If you don't mind :lol:

Regards
TAZ

PS Erri...why the link? Just post a new pic of your whip. With you cracking it perhaps? :wink:
I don't mind at all. I think the "Saddle" color would look great too. It would be cool if someone would order a Raiders whip in saddle so we can see what it will look like :-)

Regards
Ace
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

IndyTaz wrote: PS Erri...why the link? Just post a new pic of your whip. With you cracking it perhaps? :wink:
Well because it's Ace's thread :P
You're right anyway, I should take new ones. I didn't have time yet. I fancy to see other Ace's pics too :D
:wink:
Robert Duke
Vendor

Post by Robert Duke »

The whip looks good. Congrats Ace on your whip. Gio you did good. I have a question about the turkshead which is more a whipmaker's technical question. What knot is that on the knob? It doesn't appear to tbe 5 x 4.

on another note, Sergei - where ya been? Was hoping to see you at the 2006 WWAC convention in Claremore. There were a lot of good whipcrackers there this year.

Congrats to Adam Winrich and Chris Camp fellow COW members for their awesome performances at the convention.

Cheers,
Robert Duke
http://www.DukeWhips.com
2006 3rd place in One whip freestyle & technique competition
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Congrats to you too, Robert. Finishing ahead of Chris Camp in a Single whip freestyle competition is no easy task.

Do you still want to sell any of those hides you got from Simon Martin? I could use some black and saddle tan hides.

-Adam
Dwighty0815
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dwighty0815 »

I'm very impressed! Can't wait to see it cracking in Hamburg, Ace! :wink:
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

Congrats on your new whip Ace. It looks awesome!

After the AB I have in order by Marc a Gio whip will most surely be my next gear-purchase.

/Jakob
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

JEEP wrote:Congrats on your new whip Ace. It looks awesome!

After the AB I have in order by Marc a Gio whip will most surely be my next gear-purchase.

/Jakob
You surely won't regret that choice! :tup: :tup: :tup:

These whips are of an amazing quality for a really good price.
astroboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by astroboy »

loogs geat except for the binnder between the handle and the butt of the whip looks a little dark is that a discolouration in the leather??
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

astroboy wrote:is that a discolouration in the leather??
I think I can answer to this also. It's not discolouration of leather but Giovanni most of the times threats it with leather products to make it look "used" and not SHINY BRAND NEW. Just like indiana jones' whip look but without real damages :?

Ace do you have any new picture of your lovely whip? It's really an amazing piece of gear!
jabahutt70
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by jabahutt70 »

astroboy wrote:loogs geat except for the binnder between the handle and the butt of the whip looks a little dark is that a discolouration in the leather??
If you're referring to the cover knot (the small knot above the hand when holding the whip), I would have to say that it is a darker colored leather, as all pics of it appear this way.

Steve.