Wested is Here! Now with pics+ a question from Peter n topic

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Wested is Here! Now with pics+ a question from Peter n topic

Post by Ark Hunter »

Just got an email that my jacket shipped. It's my first directly from Wested. Most of Agent5's specs were asked for as I'm going for screen accuracy and not ease of use/longevity. (though I'd like it to last a while of course)

Hope it turns out well. I'm giddy as a school girl...but in a manly way... 8-[ :lol: High-fives all around!
Last edited by Ark Hunter on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jorenz
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jorenz »

I'm excited for you as well!!! :D

You have to post pics as soon as possible.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Glad to hear the good news. Hopefully it will fullfill your wishes \:D/

Cheers,
John
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

I got an email from Gemma today telling me that my first Wested is on it's way too. Very excited! I requested many of Agent5's specs as well.

~Ron
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Excellent! Did you get authentic lamb or something else?
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

Yep! my first Wested is an authentic lamb. Been doing some extensive reading on these boards and might be ordering a goat in the near future.

Crossing my fingers, hoping it will be a good fit.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Doc, congratulations on the new jacket. :D
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Thanks! It seems to be stuck in customs or something at the moment. Tracking says it hasn't moved for 3 days. :(
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

IndyDoc wrote:Thanks! It seems to be stuck in customs or something at the moment. Tracking says it hasn't moved for 3 days. :(
Thats what I thought with mine, then it was at my front door without any new tracking info. It may be closer than you think :tup:

Cheers,
John
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Ah, well that's good news. :D
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

They actually updated mine. It says, 04-09-2006 Arrived in destination country. Woohoo, maybe that means it'll be here today if they are that far behind. ;) I won't get my hopes up though. Is there import customs to go through or something?
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

Indydoc,

I was pleasantly surprised to find my Wested waiting for me when I came home from work. Excellent job and a perfect fit. I'm seeing a goat for me in the near future.

Hope your jacket arrives today too.

~Ron
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Cool! Well, it wasn't here today, but if you have yours already, maybe tomorrow! (as you got your notification a day after mine didn't you say?)
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

I got my notification last Thursday morning. Hopefully, yours will arrive tomorrow.

~Ron
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Ahh!!! I want to skip work tomorrow! :lol:
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

:cry: Still didn't come today. The tracking says for today, "Parcel redirected". Wonder what that means? They sent it to the wrong place?
Indiana Aidil
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana Aidil »

IndyDoc wrote::cry: Still didn't come today. The tracking says for today, "Parcel redirected". Wonder what that means? They sent it to the wrong place?
Don't worry, it has arrived in destination country on 04-09-2006 which is at their international hub. Maybe "Parcel redirected" means that your jacket was redirected or sorted to your state delivery depot from the international hub. From there, they will deliver it to you. This is how the tracking system should show for international parcel. Enjoy your new jacket :)

06-04-2006 08:43 Glasgow Central Depot Parcel delivered
06-04-2006 07:56 Glasgow Central Depot Out for delivery
06-04-2006 06:11 Glasgow Central Depot Arrived at delivery depot
05-04-2006 20:33 National Hub Sorted in hub
05-04-2006 08:25 International Hub En route to delivery depot
05-04-2006 07:02 International Hub RELEASED WITHOUT CHARGES
03-04-2006 19:48 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
03-04-2006 19:32 International Hub Arrived in destination country

Regards,
Aidil
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

IndyDoc wrote::cry: Still didn't come today. The tracking says for today, "Parcel redirected". Wonder what that means? They sent it to the wrong place?
The pleat elastic I attached to the package worked! It's now bouncing back to me! MhaHahahahaha! :twisted: :evil:
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Ah ha! I knew you had seen my jacket on your trip to Wested KT! :lol:
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

I went and picked it up from the Post Office this morning! I had a notice that they tried yesterday but of course I was at work.

Looks like I got some of the stuff I asked for, but not all. (looks like they charged me the standard price also) I'll post a list of what was asked for and what I got and pictures in the next day or so.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

IndyDoc,

Congaratulations :clap:

I am going to guess that they forgot the X-Box stitching.

Cheers,
John
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Looks like I got some of the stuff I asked for, but not all.

:-k ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I LOVE Wested to death. I LOVE all 5 of my jackets I've purchsed from them, even though 4 out of 5 of them had the same end result as IndyDocs. I love them for putting up with us and our silly requests, but I just for the life of me, cannot figure out why soooo many jackets are shipped incomplete to their requested specifications?

The product is awesome, IMHO. The customer service? Absolutely top notch and everyone I've ever spoken to at Wested has been nothing but friendly and informative, nomatter what the question. However, their track record is not so good for the requested mods. I constantly hear that something was forgotten and then we have to send it back if we want that one or two details corrected. Granted, they will pay to have it shipped back and no charge for the alteration, but why not just go over the list AS the jacket is being done to ensure it all gets done properly, then do it again before the jacket ships. Then, everyone involved will be happy and it will all be a done deal.

How hard is it to go down a list and make sure you've done all that was requested? Really. I imagine Wested would save a boatload of money just by ensuring they are all done correctly before shipping them rather than have to pay for shipping back and forth for alterations. Why not just make sure it gets done right the first time?

I'm sure many here will just come up with ALL sorts of excuses, but...
Last edited by agent5 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Well, the first being that they don't pay for shipping back to them.
True, but if they got it right the first time...well, you get it, I'm sure.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

IndyDoc wrote:I went and picked it up from the Post Office this morning! I had a notice that they tried yesterday but of course I was at work.

Looks like I got some of the stuff I asked for, but not all. (looks like they charged me the standard price also) I'll post a list of what was asked for and what I got and pictures in the next day or so.
BTW if one of those was was the black sliders then forget it. They can't get any. No stock from at their wholesale supplier. Current stock is antique brass D-rings and antique brass rectangular sliders.They should really let people know so they stop expecting them.

Of course you can send them some from that supplier that was mentioned before and get them to put them in or get some yourself and put them in. Will take 2 minutes with a gentle use of a pair of pliers.
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

I am getting a little annoyed about this.
On my web page I offer a made to measure jacket based on my patterns
with the optional in skin type lining and hardwear for £145 with extras of gussets and pockets only. I do not offer anything else.
The problem is that some expect me to redesign pockets change the action pleats and joke placements with lists of changes as long as your arm all for £145. This is not on. I help as much as I can but some of you want blood and complain when every single detail on the shopping list is not done even though I have said I will not do it.
So it appears that I have to look at my pricing structure as I have not changed the price in 10 years. I have tried to keep it sensible but pattern and design changes take time and time is money.
I would suggest a price for stock sizes with skin options and a variable price for custom made according to spec.
What do you think?
Cheers
Peter
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Not to mention a competitor, but the company in California did that for years before eliminating the 'made to measure' option. They had off the rack sized items for a fixed price, then an item by item price for any additonal work done to a persons jacket, all specific adds/changes cost listed by procedure.

Your jacket has always been the best bang for the buck, and yet I've always wondered how...no, make that 'why' you've done all this extra work and absorbed the cost of doing the extra business. :-k

Speaking for myself, as I can ever recall, all I'VE ever requested on a Wested jacket has been 25 inch sleeves, and at least one zippered inside pocket. :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I would suggest a price for stock sizes with skin options and a variable price for custom made according to spec.
What do you think?
I think that's absolutely fair so long as we do get the specs we ask for. I'm surprised that you haven't raised your prices in 10 years and price-wise, you cannot be beat by any measure for what you give us. But, Peter, you have to understand how disheartening it is to wait to get the jacket and realize the hardware was not as it was asked for, or something of that nature. That's something relatively simple and can be avoided simply by looking over the order form. I can only see it as a burden to the customer AS WELL AS youself. It's only more work and money coming out of your pocket. On the flipsode, I know Wested has to deal with people who take incorrect measurments of themselves and blame it all on Wested after the jacket doesn't fit or things like that, but I'm talking about basic things being overlooked, such as the X-box stitch or the leather facings, etc.

That being said, I have no qualms paying an extra price so long as I know for certain Wested will take every measure to make sure I get the specs that are on my order form.

God bless you for putting up with me and the rest of us for so long. I'm sure there are days when some of these specs have gotten you bloody mad! Perhaps we can all look at the price increase as mental reparations for all these years of screen accurate torture! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and...love the new hat! :wink:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Peter,

I know you have been mulling over this subject for a while now.

It's easy, as a purchaser to get carried away when ordering one of your wonderful jackets, turning it into a big shopping list of wishes, we sometimes forget that they are great as standard too.

Myself not being a standard size, as you know, would hope you'd keep that option to have some customised sizing within your "standard pricing".

Things that take extra time, like recutting back pleats, non standard collars etc, (you'll have to tell us which changes are a pain in the neck), it's fair that they would cost extra, perhaps like your pockets, £5 an item? Or just quote the heavily customised jacket as per order. Including a yes/no on any requests.

Best regards,

Kt.
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

I say charge us the hourly rate of the person doing the mods (average) plus materials, plus a little bit to buy the guy (Or yourself!) a pint or four. I don't think anyone will have a problem of paying 1 standard-pattern price, then if they want something a bit fancier or more this or more that, paying more for it. And if they did, perhaps they want to come help me study for my Econ exam, they might learn something!

Cheers
Craig
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Peter,

I would also suggest that EXTREME SPECIAL ORDERS, are made secondary to Regular orders. I cannot see making 10 people wait because of 1 persons requests that practically require all new specs and patterns.

Cheers,
G-MANN
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

I agree with all of that really. Standard sizing with size and skin only mods (longer sleaves, wider sholders, bigger belly, etc. :lol:) and full out "do it yourself" sound good. A third option that Peter had mentioned in the Raiders Specs thread was do a exact copy that may not last or ware as well option also.
I thought that's how it already worked actually. If you ask for modifications you have to pay extra. I was quoted a higer than normal price and that's what I expected to happen.

What I requested:
*Leather - Authentic brown lambskin leather (coarser grain leather if possible)
*Pattern - 919 (Chris King/80's/thinner) pattern
*Leather Facing - NO leather facing on the zipper
*Zip - #5 tooth Nickle Zip with small zipper pull that extends to the bottom of the jacket. Second choice, #8 nickle zip, third choice, your standard brass zipper.
*Storm Flap - 1.5 inches (3.8cm) width; ROUNDED top corner
*Leather collar stand.
*Collar:
2.75 inches (7cm)on the tips, tapering down to 2.5 inches (6.4cm). The left collar should also extend to the midway point of the top of the storm flap, or .75 inches (1.9cm) from the edge of the flap.
*Right Pocket:
1.5 inches (3.8cm) from the zipper seam (edge of jacket).
2 inches (5.1cm) from bottom.
Width of pocket: 6.25 inches (16cm).
Length of pocket (including pocket flap) :7.5 inches. (19.1cm).
Scalloped pocket flap.
Pocket flap length in middle of flap, 2.75" (7cm)
Aluminum or nickel snap. (if available)(or other silver color snap)
*Left Pocket:
1 inch (2.5cm) from storm flap.
2 inches (5.1cm) from bottom.
Width of pocket: 6.25 inches (16cm).
Length of pocket(including pocket flap) :7.5 inches. (19.1cm).
Scalloped pocket flap.
Pocket flap length in middle of flap, 2.75" (7cm)
Aluminum or nickel snap. (if available)(or other silver color snap)
*Reenforce the bottom of the hand warmer pocket stiching so it won't tear out.
*Side Straps:
Legnth : 8.75 inches (22.3cm)
Width : 1 inch (2.5cm)
Side straps sewn with X pattern AND box pattern, double stitched.
*Side strap buckles - BLACK OR GUNMETAL rectangular 2 piece rings
*Side vent stitch - NO stitch holding the side vents closed
*Pleat depth - 1.25 inches (3.2cm).
*Yoke seam - The arm seam should be 1 inch (2.5cm) BELOW the yoke seam.
*Back panel - should extend all the way out to the sleeve seam
*Inside pocket - Left side, slit pocket (minimal facing).
*Underarm Gussets - 1 piece (small) underarm gussets
*26" arms

I received all of it except the nickle hardware and the pleat depth was about 2". Top notch, but I was kind of expecting the nickle zip as I was told that it wasn't normal but could be done in a pre-order email to Gemma. (sliders were antique brass and not black also but the look decent that way)

It fits perfectly. Thanks for the good work Wested!
(pics to come if you want them)
TFrosst
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by TFrosst »

I'm surprised Peter doesn't charge extra for the whole list of things some people request. You guys also have to understand that Peter isnt' just waiting by the phone or the net for someone to call in their order then focus all of his time on making the jacket perfect. He has a business to run and he's providing the fans an amazing service by doing as much as he's doing.

If you had that much stuff being made under your supervision, there'd be a 100% chance you'd miss something on an order here and there. X-box stiching here, wrong sliders there. Big deal, you're getting a CUSTOM jacket for 150 pounds. No where will you find this kind of quality and custom work for that price. Not to mention the great materials AND the fact that it's based on a famous movie jacket made by the original maker. I challenge someone to find something close. Look at the whole picture and not just a missed detail.

One thing pointed out is the fact that many people dont' measure themselves properly, order the jacket, then get one that doesn't fit properly and blame Wested. For those people out there, measure the Jacket you got and compare them to the measurements you sent, I bet you they'll be right on. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Great work on everything Peter. If someone wants custom work done (and i'm not talking an extra pocket, x-box stiching, or other basics) but rather something drastic like changing the pattern, the onyl thing to do is charge them.

Post some pics IndyDoc.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

I would be interested to know how different they are from the default. I think some of what I specified is fairly standard and I only specifed it because I was using Agent5's specs. It would be nice to know if any of that IS standard mesurements.

1.5" storm flap, 1"x 8.75" straps, scalloped pocket flap, maybe the leather collar stand are probably standard or close to it.

The pockets make the list look longer than it is, but aren't integral to the build of the jacket like say the back yolk or collar. The rest is pretty much adding or subtracting stiching or triming a corner.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

IndyDoc wrote:I would be interested to know how different they are from the default. I think some of what I specified is fairly standard and I only specifed it because I was using Agent5's specs. It would be nice to know if any of that IS standard mesurements.

1.5" storm flap, 1"x 8.75" straps, scalloped pocket flap, maybe the leather collar stand are probably standard or close to it.

The pockets make the list look longer than it is, but aren't integral to the build of the jacket like say the back yolk or collar. The rest is pretty much adding or subtracting stiching or triming a corner.
See all those measurements do not take into account the difference in your build to Ford.

As a matter of interest, how much were you quoted? and didn't they say at the beginning 'no' to changing the pleats (I'm guessing this particular mod is the big pain)? (I've already mentioned the sliders).
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Kt Templar wrote:and didn't they say at the beginning 'no' to changing the pleats (I'm guessing this particular mod is the big pain)? (I've already mentioned the sliders).
No, they didn't tell me that. It would be nice if there was a "No, we won't do it list". :)
As a matter of interest, how much were you quoted?
£185 Looks like they charged me £160 though (plus shipping of course) as that's what the invoice says.
See all those measurements do not take into account the difference in your build to Ford.
Do they adjust things like the storm flap and straps? The pockets obviously should change with the size of the jacket, but I'd say I'm about Fords size. But again you COULD put 3x4 pockets and it would work fine. It would just look stupid. The rest of the parts obviously wouldn't work if you changed them that much.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The pleats: that must have been someone else recently.

Actually £185 seems reasonable.

I bet a the storm flap on a 38 is different to the one on a 48! But I agree with the straps, on some jackets they are really short. (I think on the thicker leathers for some reason).
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Ouch. I just saw this thread for the first time...and it's making me think I should never ever ask Wested for anything special, just to make up for some of the longer lists Peter has gotten. :shock:

Do what you have to Peter, do what is right. I don't think anyone here would fault you for it at all. Certainly the overwhelming consensus is that you custom-make high-quality stuff at an economic price - if you have to change that to stock-size high-quality at a good price, and custom-make high-quality at a higher price, I can't see anyone faulting you for it. And a price change after TEN YEARS is probably overdue, and thank you for deferring it as long as you have.

Me and my long arms are just gonna have to save up for the extras. ;)

J
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Peter, I agree. You've been more than patient with us. It certainly makes sense to raise the price when you get a mile long list of mods. As you mentioned in an earlier thread, a "super screen accurate, wear with care" model would be excellent. And I would certainly expect to pay more for it than I would for it than I would one of your standard jackets. :D
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Pictures
Some detials and some with me in it. Now, to wrinkle it a bit. :twisted:

Note the two that are the same but different jacket colors. Intersting what auto levels in Photoshop did there. Changed from a Idol grab brown to a flying wing "black" (or dark brown).
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Ah, yes, lighting makes all the difference.
That is a nice jacket. You have the long side straps, which are very nice. The fit looks good, the way that I like it to fit. It drapes well.
It looks beautiful. :wink: :D
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

Your new jacket looks great! I know you're enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. I should've ordered one of these years ago.

Cheers!

~Ron
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

I think it Peter and the fine folks at Wested should start charging more for orders over 300 words. haha, seriously though, paying extra for non-standard specifics should be expected, we should all be grateful the prices are still so reasonable even with the extras.

P.S. When i order my next jacket, the only real extras i was looking for was the smaller pockets, and the shallower pleats. Could someone who tried, or Peter himself chime in and say a final yes or no if this is possible.
Thanks to everyone very much!
-Chris
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Well, I got 1 out of two. (and that ain't bad :lol:) They didn't do my pleats, at least not to what I asked. They are a little less than 2" deep, so I don't know if they miss read that one (1.25") or as KT said it may mess up the pattern too much and they won't alter them.

I got pretty close to dead on the pocket size and placement I specified.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

jacket looks great man, i really like that u did the flash no flash and didnt move the picture at all, helps us see the changes in light alot.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Thanks guys!
Indiana_Tone wrote:You happy with it? Having one that was built for you and not someone else? :D I think it looks great!
Yeah, 2" extra lenght does wonders. :D I don't have to hold my arms funny anymore to make them fit. ;) Seriously, it's great. I love it!
Now, it just needs to be worn and loved a little. Wink
Definatly! I'm sitting on it now. :lol:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Excellent looking jacket (what's new? It's a WESTED! :D), but also an excellent fit! Congrats, and (this is for Agent5) wear it in good health. ;)
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I just came across this thread,

I can see why very detailed specs can drive Peter up a wall. I think we're spoiled to have a vendor, such as Peter, in keeping his price low, especially for custom-made requests. I don't blame him for being tempted in raising his prices.

By the way, I just saw Peter's new avatar pic! That fedora looks great on ya there Peter! 8)

Kindest Regards,
Captain D
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I think it looks fabulous. Is the yoke seam moved up? It looks like it.

The pleats aren't that big a deal, but if you are anal like me it'd probably bother me a bit...and then wear off. The hardware can also be replaced per the link by Dr.J. Nothing a pair of needle-nose pliers won't handle if you feel like it.

All in all it looks good.

I guess I'm too much a fanatic that it's such a disappointment to have even small details off where it wouldn't bother most people. Sometimes I feel guilty about feeling this way, but then I remember there are others out there just like myself who are very detail orientated. I'm sure some of the lifers here can remember there used to be people who would get all anal about a cm. or even mm. off and even I think that's kinda nutty, but I admit I am alot more detail orientated than alot of people can handle.
Last edited by agent5 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

agent5 wrote: I guess I'm too much a fantic that it's such a disappointment to have even small details off where it wouldn't bother most people. Sometimes I feel guilty about feeling this way, but then I remember there are others out there just like myself who are very detail orientated. I'm sure some of the lifers here can remember there used to be people who would get all anal about a cm. or even mm. off and even I think that's kinda nutty, but I admit I am alot more detail orientated than alot of people can handle.
I don't think so, 5--I think the thing here is that there are definatley two types of gearheads. Spirit gear heads and Screen Accurate gear heads. I'd say the majority of Peter's clients are Spirit gearheads--they saw the movie and liked the feeling and loved the jacket/character and wanted one like it. Peter's offering is a great mix between accuracy and wearability.

Then, there are the Screen Accurate gearheads who don't nessecarily want the gear to wear, but to display--they are after a prop replica, and want one EXACTLY as used in the film.

Both are equally legitimate members of this hobby, in my opinion. That being said, more work = higher cost to peter, SHOULD = higher cost to consumer. It's fair.

Cheers
Craig
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Definately, AL LEAST 2 different types of gearheads.

It's true that some people didn't get exactly what they ordered. But there are the hundreds that are very happy. You don't offten hear from those, and if you do you don't remember it.

It's like the myth that people die closer to their birthdays or xmas, statistically it is NOT TRUE. But you still hear "Oh, he died 2 days after his 80th birthday." etc, and the myth is perpetuated.

With any business there is a percentage of returns, 2.5% is regarded good 5% as normal. Over that something really need to be done.

I don't know the figures with Wested, we never will. It is natural for the people that have something amiss with their jacket to pipe up! But I suspect it really isn't more than the 5%.

Apologies to Tone, Erri, Doc and Gobler. Yours are the stories I remember from the past few months.